Waste Pipe Leak

Discussion in 'The Beginner' started by Cyclists, Sep 28, 2015.

1. Cyclists

Cyclists Funster

Hi,

The grey waste pipe that runs under the van to the waste tank. Is this supposed to be only a push fit? Over the weekend my wife was having a shower when I noticed it leaking from under the van only to find the pipe had come apart at a join where it pushes into an elbow. I pushed it back in a seemed to be ok but just wonder if they are just a push fit or should have solvent cement.

Cheers

John

2. GJH

GJH Funster Life Member

There are various different types of grey waste piping arrangements. I think rigid pipes are either push fit or glued whilst those using convoluted pipe have a jubilee clip to hold the pipe on. Some may be push fit to enable it to be taken apart in case of blockage.

If it is a push fit that has worked loose with age maybe some duct tape would hold it.

• Like Like x 1
  3. DavidG58

DavidG58 Funster

I wonder if maybe it has been disconnected on purpose to allow cleaning (grey water is amazingly gungy, I know from my own issues with blocked pipes), could also have been done to allow the shower water to go straight to ground when wild camping maybe, save over filling the grey water tank

But I agree with all GJH says, various styles types sizes, could simply have come loose :)

Is your MH the Swift Bolero on your Avatar? Maybe someone will have the same, problem or MH at least (y)

4. Cyclists

Cyclists Funster

Cheers guys ...yes it is a swift bolero. I'd reckon it was just assembled as push fit. Was just wondering if they are just pushed fit as part of assy process or it should have solvent cement and was missed out in assembly.

5. GJH

GJH Funster Life Member

Reading your OP again, the fact that it is a joint at an elbow makes me think it probably is a push fit, for the reason that David gave. Elbows will be one of the easiest places to become blocked with any gunge.

6. Gayle99

Gayle99

We have just bought a bolero and on our first trip noticed the waste pipe was loose. It had been fine when we purchased but think it probably detached when we took a steep right angled bend a bit tight. (Still learning). Mick pushed it back and it seems fine now. Bought jubilee clips and gaffer tape just in case though.

7. daveandsan

daveandsan Funster

Why not just leave it off, save you having to open your waste valve as you leave your pitch. :):)

• Like Like x 1
  8. mike mcglynn

mike mcglynn Funster Life Member

I have had a look at mine and its solvent glued on an autotrail

9. Cyclists

Cyclists Funster

i would think solvent glue is the way to do it. You would at home.

10. Baycott

Baycott Funster

We also have a Bolero and our is push fit.
    Makes it easier if/when there is a blockage (y)

11. Gorse Hill

Gorse Hill Funster

I would be a little careful just pushing it onto the elbow if the remainder of pipe (on the other side of the elbow) goes into the van and you can't see what else you are moving under your shower tray as you try to push, possible causing more problems, if the elbow and pipe on the other side can be seen then no probs

12. Cyclists

Cyclists Funster

Thanks John, then it looks as though that's the swift process ....to push. I'll leave it and see how it goes.

• Like Like x 1