Jun 22, 2014
Great Totham
Funster No
MH
PVC
Exp
Since 2015
Hi,

The grey waste pipe that runs under the van to the waste tank. Is this supposed to be only a push fit? Over the weekend my wife was having a shower when I noticed it leaking from under the van only to find the pipe had come apart at a join where it pushes into an elbow. I pushed it back in a seemed to be ok but just wonder if they are just a push fit or should have solvent cement.

Cheers

John

GJH

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 20, 2007
Acklam, Teesside, originally Glossop
Funster No
MH
None, now sold
Exp
2006 to 2022
There are various different types of grey waste piping arrangements. I think rigid pipes are either push fit or glued whilst those using convoluted pipe have a jubilee clip to hold the pipe on. Some may be push fit to enable it to be taken apart in case of blockage.

If it is a push fit that has worked loose with age maybe some duct tape would hold it.

Upvote 0
Feb 24, 2013
Bolsover, Derbyshire
Funster No
MH
Hymer S800
Exp
not long enough
I wonder if maybe it has been disconnected on purpose to allow cleaning (grey water is amazingly gungy, I know from my own issues with blocked pipes), could also have been done to allow the shower water to go straight to ground when wild camping maybe, save over filling the grey water tank

But I agree with all GJH says, various styles types sizes, could simply have come loose :)

Is your MH the Swift Bolero on your Avatar? Maybe someone will have the same, problem or MH at least (y)

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Upvote 0
OP
OP
John and Jo
Jun 22, 2014
Great Totham
Funster No
MH
PVC
Exp
Since 2015
Cheers guys ...yes it is a swift bolero. I'd reckon it was just assembled as push fit. Was just wondering if they are just pushed fit as part of assy process or it should have solvent cement and was missed out in assembly.

Upvote 0

GJH

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 20, 2007
Acklam, Teesside, originally Glossop
Funster No
MH
None, now sold
Exp
2006 to 2022
Reading your OP again, the fact that it is a joint at an elbow makes me think it probably is a push fit, for the reason that David gave. Elbows will be one of the easiest places to become blocked with any gunge.

Upvote 0

Gayle99

Free Member
Jul 22, 2015
Stranraer
Funster No
MH
Swift Bolero 684
Exp
I'm a newbie
We have just bought a bolero and on our first trip noticed the waste pipe was loose. It had been fine when we purchased but think it probably detached when we took a steep right angled bend a bit tight. (Still learning). Mick pushed it back and it seems fine now. Bought jubilee clips and gaffer tape just in case though.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Upvote 0
Nov 6, 2013
East Sussex
Funster No
MH
Hymer B574DL
Exp
Since 2011 (tugger for 20 before that)
We also have a Bolero and our is push fit.
Makes it easier if/when there is a blockage (y)

Upvote 0

Gorse Hill

Free Member
Feb 2, 2013
Stretford
Funster No
MH
Burnster Ixeo IT 734
Exp
Hi,

The grey waste pipe that runs under the van to the waste tank. Is this supposed to be only a push fit? Over the weekend my wife was having a shower when I noticed it leaking from under the van only to find the pipe had come apart at a join where it pushes into an elbow. I pushed it back in a seemed to be ok but just wonder if they are just a push fit or should have solvent cement.

Cheers

John
I would be a little careful just pushing it onto the elbow if the remainder of pipe (on the other side of the elbow) goes into the van and you can't see what else you are moving under your shower tray as you try to push, possible causing more problems, if the elbow and pipe on the other side can be seen then no probs

Upvote 0

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back