Wash and wax (together) recommendations.

Discussion in 'Motorhome Chat' started by Trikeman, Jan 4, 2015.

1. Trikeman

Trikeman Read Only Funster

Hi All,
    I, like most here, love giving the Moho a good wash down and a dammed good waxing after, then dragging the Wife out, both there 'standing back in amazement' and admiring your hard work.

All well and good in the summer 'innit',,,,,,,,, what about in this semi-freezing weather?

I am contemplating the purchase of a good wash and wax 'type' product so I can nip out, give Moho a good (quick) wash, however, try to get the 'stand back in amazement' shine after the wash - and all without freezing to death in the process.

Any dual action products you can recommend for MoHo that wash and wax the same time? I will return to the wash - THEN - wax/polish once it gets a bit warmer.:cool:

Any recommendations greatly appreciated.

Regards,

Trikeman. ;)

• Like Like x 1
  2. martin2603

martin2603 Funster

Auto smart and similar trade suppliers do a combined wash and wax about £10.00 per gallon I use it all the time it does not foam up and therefore does not streak. Dilute a cup into a bucket of water, hose the van first, then wash of with a long handled brush and hose again.
    Martin

3. emmitdb

emmitdb Funster

After washing, get a bucket of Fenwicks Bobby Dazzler and use as directed, preferably with a microfibre cloth and not with a sprayer.
    Works for me. (and for the car as well)

• Like Like x 2
  4. Badknee

Badknee Funster

Me too, bl**dy freezing out there :LOL:

5. MikeandCarolyn

MikeandCarolyn Read Only Funster

I use it with a sprayer and not had any probs. (y)
    However,I did see on Streetlife,a guy doing vehicle valet in St.Georges-he's doing the Volvo next Fri-and discussing doing Van.

• Like Like x 1
  6. MikeandCarolyn

MikeandCarolyn Read Only Funster

Is this post the result of cleaning it today :LOL::LOL:

7. CHRI$

CHRI$ Funster

i bought a gallon of wash and wax in b&q last week for £2 it was a known brand that i cant remember,still in the boot of the car.

8. Trikeman

Ha! Yes Mike.
    Went out there with great intentions this morning as MoHo is a bit grubby on the outside and as it wasn't raining I thought I'd crack on...... However, though no rain I found it bloody freezing and turned my enthusiasm into getting back inside, I would have suffered the wash but to wax it after would have been a step too far. I have the Bobby Dazzler but was just looking for an all in one.
    Oh' come back the warmth - it never used to bother me, but now I freeze just looking out of the window. Never thought of paying someone.......(n)

Regards,

Trikeman. ;)

9. richr

richr Funster

I use Meguirs wash and wax

Its not the cheapest but very good with good dilution ratio

• Like Like x 3
  10. Trikeman

Well done for the recommendation my friend. :notworthy2:

Invested in a jug of Maguire's gold wash-n-wax and what a good product, even smells nice. I have never had MoHo so clean and the shine is deep and really 'luxurious'. Even the dullish gel finishes have come up like new and the water just beads away - it seems to prevent the dreaded 'black run down syndrome' too, the shite just can't seem to adhere to it.
    I thought after all these years of cleaning cars, motorbikes, trikes, caravans and now MoHo's I would have found that eureka moment..... Now I have, my quest is done, maybe £16 but I have only used a bit - I bet this bottle will outlast me!

Again, thanks for the pointer and recommendation (y) - just don't tell Mike and Carolyn how good it is - only room for one shiny MoHo in Weston.:LOL:

Regards,

Trikeman. ;)

• Like Like x 3
  11. Wombles

Wombles Funster

Not the wash & wax that you are looking for Trikeman but for others who might be reading this thread : Another vote for Bobby Dazzler for motorhome, car, upvc doors, windows, conservatory... Stays cleaner for longer & very quick & easy to apply with Hozelock type garden spray. Life is too short to polish by hand or do ironing!

• Like Like x 2
  12. PORKSTER

PORKSTER Funster

Just done mine here's my method quick spray down with water. Then a fine spray over with Rhino Goo motorcycle cleaner mixed 25% to 75% water then I brush on a mix of cheap wash and wax I bought a load of Turtle wax on offer ages ago. Then rinse off well then go over it again with Maguires ultimate wash and wax and rinse well with open hose this helps the water leave bodywork quicker as it sheets. Stand back and drink ya tea with a smile. That's a quick wash in decent weather time allowing I dry off using demon shine and drying towels cleen out all shuts under bonnet etc etc. To give you an idea it takes me 3 hours to wash our car quickly and nearly a day properly. I was up against failing light today here is a photo

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 3
  13. Trikeman

Can't see the shine and glitz, however that is one beautiful machine you have there - can't make out what it is though, what a stunner.(y)

Enjoy,

Trikeman. ;)

14. Mattyjwr

Mattyjwr Funster Life Member

I find that the wash and wax solutions lock in grime that doesn't rinse off in the first application. I would use a good vehicle shampoo and, once clean, use something like Bobby Dazzler.

15. stephen harwood

stephen harwood Funster

Lovely van

16. houdini

houdini Funster

Has anyone used Showroom Shine? The lady doing the dealer's valeting recommended it. :)

17. richr

richr Funster

Same as that

You can aid the drying process by using QD when you wipe down with the MF towels (y)

18. richr

richr Funster

You're more than welcome :D

Try using some Quick Detailer when you wipe the van down with a good quality Micro Fiber Towel even better beading will be had (y) :D

I know im a sad old git :)

• Like Like x 2
  19. PORKSTER

PORKSTER Funster

Yes I use demonshine because its cheap as chips I have lots!or detailing products. Many moons ago I was a valeter but the amount of products today is amazing but I am still fond of autoglym stuff

20. funflair

funflair Funster Life Member

Autoglym rapid detailer smells lovely.