Wash and wax (together) recommendations. (1 Viewer)

Trikeman

Free Member
Aug 22, 2012
Wilds of Ceredigion.
Funster No
MH
AT 634 Apache.
Exp
Since 2011.
Hi All,
I, like most here, love giving the Moho a good wash down and a dammed good waxing after, then dragging the Wife out, both there 'standing back in amazement' and admiring your hard work.

All well and good in the summer 'innit',,,,,,,,, what about in this semi-freezing weather?

I am contemplating the purchase of a good wash and wax 'type' product so I can nip out, give Moho a good (quick) wash, however, try to get the 'stand back in amazement' shine after the wash - and all without freezing to death in the process.

Any dual action products you can recommend for MoHo that wash and wax the same time? I will return to the wash - THEN - wax/polish once it gets a bit warmer.:cool:

Any recommendations greatly appreciated.

Regards,

Trikeman. ;)

Nov 25, 2013
kent
Funster No
MH
Swift Kontiki 669
Exp
Since April 2013
Auto smart and similar trade suppliers do a combined wash and wax about £10.00 per gallon I use it all the time it does not foam up and therefore does not streak. Dilute a cup into a bucket of water, hose the van first, then wash of with a long handled brush and hose again.
Martin

Emmit

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 14, 2009
Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Pilote Explorateur
Exp
Jan.2014
After washing, get a bucket of Fenwicks Bobby Dazzler and use as directed, preferably with a microfibre cloth and not with a sprayer.
Works for me. (and for the car as well)

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Badknee

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 25, 2014
notloB
Funster No
MH
Vantage Neo
Exp
Living the dream.
Me too, bl**dy freezing out there :LOL:

MikeandCarolyn

Free Member
Mar 18, 2008
Worle,North Somerset
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Since 2009
After washing, get a bucket of Fenwicks Bobby Dazzler and use as directed, preferably with a microfibre cloth and not with a sprayer.
Works for me. (and for the car as well)

I use it with a sprayer and not had any probs. (y)
However,I did see on Streetlife,a guy doing vehicle valet in St.Georges-he's doing the Volvo next Fri-and discussing doing Van.

Reactions: f6c

MikeandCarolyn

Free Member
Mar 18, 2008
Worle,North Somerset
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Since 2009
Hi All,
I, like most here, love giving the Moho a good wash down and a dammed good waxing after, then dragging the Wife out, both there 'standing back in amazement' and admiring your hard work.

All well and good in the summer 'innit',,,,,,,,, what about in this semi-freezing weather?

I am contemplating the purchase of a good wash and wax 'type' product so I can nip out, give Moho a good (quick) wash, however, try to get the 'stand back in amazement' shine after the wash - and all without freezing to death in the process.

Any dual action products you can recommend for MoHo that wash and wax the same time? I will return to the wash - THEN - wax/polish once it gets a bit warmer.:cool:

Any recommendations greatly appreciated.

Regards,

Trikeman. ;)

Is this post the result of cleaning it today :LOL::LOL:

chrisgreen

Funster
Jul 26, 2009
england
Funster No
MH
c class
Exp
since 2004
i bought a gallon of wash and wax in b&q last week for £2 it was a known brand that i cant remember,still in the boot of the car.

OP
OP
Trikeman

Trikeman

Free Member
Aug 22, 2012
Wilds of Ceredigion.
Funster No
MH
AT 634 Apache.
Exp
Since 2011.
Is this post the result of cleaning it today :LOL::LOL:

Ha! Yes Mike.
Went out there with great intentions this morning as MoHo is a bit grubby on the outside and as it wasn't raining I thought I'd crack on...... However, though no rain I found it bloody freezing and turned my enthusiasm into getting back inside, I would have suffered the wash but to wax it after would have been a step too far. I have the Bobby Dazzler but was just looking for an all in one.
Oh' come back the warmth - it never used to bother me, but now I freeze just looking out of the window. Never thought of paying someone.......(n)

Regards,

Trikeman. ;)

OP
OP
Trikeman

Trikeman

Free Member
Aug 22, 2012
Wilds of Ceredigion.
Funster No
MH
AT 634 Apache.
Exp
Since 2011.
I use Meguirs wash and wax

Its not the cheapest but very good with good dilution ratio

Well done for the recommendation my friend. :notworthy2:

Invested in a jug of Maguire's gold wash-n-wax and what a good product, even smells nice. I have never had MoHo so clean and the shine is deep and really 'luxurious'. Even the dullish gel finishes have come up like new and the water just beads away - it seems to prevent the dreaded 'black run down syndrome' too, the shite just can't seem to adhere to it.
I thought after all these years of cleaning cars, motorbikes, trikes, caravans and now MoHo's I would have found that eureka moment..... Now I have, my quest is done, maybe £16 but I have only used a bit - I bet this bottle will outlast me!

Again, thanks for the pointer and recommendation (y) - just don't tell Mike and Carolyn how good it is - only room for one shiny MoHo in Weston.:LOL:

Regards,

Trikeman. ;)

Wombles

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 28, 2013
SW England
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
A few years now
Not the wash & wax that you are looking for Trikeman but for others who might be reading this thread : Another vote for Bobby Dazzler for motorhome, car, upvc doors, windows, conservatory... Stays cleaner for longer & very quick & easy to apply with Hozelock type garden spray. Life is too short to polish by hand or do ironing!

Sep 15, 2009
Sussex coast
Funster No
MH
Lowline
Exp
learning
Just done mine here's my method quick spray down with water. Then a fine spray over with Rhino Goo motorcycle cleaner mixed 25% to 75% water then I brush on a mix of cheap wash and wax I bought a load of Turtle wax on offer ages ago. Then rinse off well then go over it again with Maguires ultimate wash and wax and rinse well with open hose this helps the water leave bodywork quicker as it sheets. Stand back and drink ya tea with a smile. That's a quick wash in decent weather time allowing I dry off using demon shine and drying towels cleen out all shuts under bonnet etc etc. To give you an idea it takes me 3 hours to wash our car quickly and nearly a day properly. I was up against failing light today here is a photo

Attachments

• IMG_20150201_164841.jpg
    IMG_20150201_164841.jpg
    109.9 KB · Views: 69
OP
OP
Trikeman

Trikeman

Free Member
Aug 22, 2012
Wilds of Ceredigion.
Funster No
MH
AT 634 Apache.
Exp
Since 2011.
Can't see the shine and glitz, however that is one beautiful machine you have there - can't make out what it is though, what a stunner.(y)

Enjoy,

Trikeman. ;)

MattR

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 18, 2013
Beds
Funster No
MH
Panel van
Exp
Years
I find that the wash and wax solutions lock in grime that doesn't rinse off in the first application. I would use a good vehicle shampoo and, once clean, use something like Bobby Dazzler.

Oct 20, 2014
Hampshire
Funster No
MH
Adria Coral 680 SL
Exp
Since 2014
Has anyone used Showroom Shine? The lady doing the dealer's valeting recommended it. :)

Silver-Fox

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 5, 2014
Cheltenham Spa
Funster No
MH
Rapido
Exp
im a not so newbie
Just done mine here's my method quick spray down with water. Then a fine spray over with Rhino Goo motorcycle cleaner mixed 25% to 75% water then I brush on a mix of cheap wash and wax I bought a load of Turtle wax on offer ages ago. Then rinse off well then go over it again with Maguires ultimate wash and wax and rinse well with open hose this helps the water leave bodywork quicker as it sheets. Stand back and drink ya tea with a smile. That's a quick wash in decent weather time allowing I dry off using demon shine and drying towels cleen out all shuts under bonnet etc etc. To give you an idea it takes me 3 hours to wash our car quickly and nearly a day properly. I was up against failing light today here is a photo

Same as that

You can aid the drying process by using QD when you wipe down with the MF towels (y)

Silver-Fox

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 5, 2014
Cheltenham Spa
Funster No
MH
Rapido
Exp
im a not so newbie
Well done for the recommendation my friend. :notworthy2:

Invested in a jug of Maguire's gold wash-n-wax and what a good product, even smells nice. I have never had MoHo so clean and the shine is deep and really 'luxurious'. Even the dullish gel finishes have come up like new and the water just beads away - it seems to prevent the dreaded 'black run down syndrome' too, the shite just can't seem to adhere to it.
I thought after all these years of cleaning cars, motorbikes, trikes, caravans and now MoHo's I would have found that eureka moment..... Now I have, my quest is done, maybe £16 but I have only used a bit - I bet this bottle will outlast me!

Again, thanks for the pointer and recommendation (y) - just don't tell Mike and Carolyn how good it is - only room for one shiny MoHo in Weston.:LOL:

Regards,

Trikeman. ;)

You're more than welcome :D

Try using some Quick Detailer when you wipe the van down with a good quality Micro Fiber Towel even better beading will be had (y) :D

I know im a sad old git :)

Sep 15, 2009
Sussex coast
Funster No
MH
Lowline
Exp
learning
Yes I use demonshine because its cheap as chips I have lots!or detailing products. Many moons ago I was a valeter but the amount of products today is amazing but I am still fond of autoglym stuff

Sep 16, 2010
Bungay Suffolk
Funster No
MH
Autotrail TrackerEKS
Exp
Since 2010
I have a vehicle brush that goes on the end of the hose, so I go over the van / car, with that first till all the muck has gone then turn off the water and apply wash n wax or Fenwicks "bobby dazzler" using the brush, then just spray it all of with a spray nozzle on the hose...
Sorted...

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back