Using onboard facilities (1 Viewer)

What facilities do you use in your van

• All of it Shower, Hob, Oven, Sink, Loo (Pee and Poo)

Votes: 408 77.6%
  • Shower, Hob, Oven, Sink, Loo (Pee ONLY)

Votes: 60 11.4%
  • Shower, Hob, Oven, Sink, Never use loo

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Hob Sink and Shower Only

• Only use Shower

• Hob and Sink only no shower

Votes: 21 4.0%
  • Never use any of the onboard facilities

• Any other combo not mentioned

Votes: 37 7.0%

• Total voters
Sep 26, 2013
Market Rasen
Funster No
MH
Self Build
Exp
Since 2003
Always used the toilet in any motor home we have has, in Winter we park up for over 5 month and have a pitch directly oposite the toilet block but been going there for 10 years and have never used the toilets in them. Empty ours most days or at the most every second day. Use the site showers though.

Deleted User
Use hob and oven, loo when nothing else available or in night/emergencies, shower not practical in our Globecar but would use site showers when available anyway.

eddie

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 4, 2007
Taunton Somerset
Funster No
MH
RV
Exp
since 1989
I bought a used van from the OLD Brownhills once..

It came with pre-filled no2 toilet !!!!!!!!!!!!! I was not happy to say the least... So much for their PDI... :mad:
How did you think that they would test it lol

eddie

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 4, 2007
Taunton Somerset
Funster No
MH
RV
Exp
since 1989
I agree all water should be metered on sites. I arrive with 350Ltrs and can easily last a few days so would pay nowt!
On a serious note that isn't a bad idea! For example, our waste tanks are heated and we can flick a switch to "disposal" and it raises the temperature considerably. Once the engine is started and up to temperature a macerator kicks in and pumps a mix of grey and black water, all ground up, really small through a nozzle straight into the Cherry red hot exhaust manifolds of the V10 engine

This vaporises the waste an apparently kills about 90% of bacteria and viruses, all being pumped out harmlessly through the exhaust

Perhaps a similar system could be developed to adapt a SOG to do something similar?

Enword

Free Member
May 20, 2014
Devon
Funster No
MH
Coach Built
Exp
Race van conversion for years
Perhaps I'll start using the site showers & collect all the previous people's pubic hair out of the shower tray & weave a new mat for the awning:D2 Before someone say's, I'v never owned a pair of flip flops & never will:whistle:

Dec 23, 2015
Audenshaw
Funster No
MH
Pilote Pacific P650GJ
Exp
Over 6000 miles between 3 March to 26 September 2017.
I've said all but pee only. That may change over the next 12 hours or so as we're at a Britstop (pub). If either one of us needs to go, we'll have to go! Oh, and Ive only used the shower so far to wash my hair, although I did have to strip off to do so :LOL:.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Jan 28, 2008
Dovercourt, Harwich, UK
Funster No
MH
Renalt burstner
Exp
7 years campers before that
we use everything for everything but will still use site facilties if there good cant beat the shower at raco gallons of hot water that even an rv cant deliver

JeanLuc

Free Member
Nov 17, 2008
Warwickshire
Funster No
MH
Hymer B630 Star-Line
Exp
Since 2007
Use everything that is fitted but we don't have, and don't feel the need for, an oven.

Mousy

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 13, 2013
Sa15 2DG
Funster No
MH
Hymer S840 Merc auto
Exp
Since 2013
Not only do we use all our own facilities, we have been known to use other Funsters too.
We frequently pee in @cliffandger and I've even peed in @Jim's :eek:

Aug 21, 2014
Isle of Wight
Funster No
MH
Rapido A class
Exp
20 yrs on and off
This evening I have: used the oven and hob for preparing a culinary delight;had a lovely shower and now listening to a bit of Rob Stewart while sipping a glass of vino whilst watching my washing drying (done earlier today using my collapsible bucket) as it hangs from various points around the van :smiley::smiley::smiley:
Oh and all this on the free Aire at Grissoles.
Can safely say all our facilities have been used today :smiley:::bigsmile:::bigsmile::smiley:

Fletton

Free Member
Oct 19, 2014
Lincolnshire, UK
Funster No
MH
Knaus Sky I Plus 650LG
Exp
First MoHo - April 2015
This evening I have: used the oven and hob for preparing a culinary delight;had a lovely shower and now listening to a bit of Rob Stewart while sipping a glass of vino whilst watching my washing drying (done earlier today using my collapsible bucket) as it hangs from various points around the van :smiley::smiley::smiley:
Oh and all this on the free Aire at Grissoles.
Can safely say all our facilities have been used today :smiley:::bigsmile:::bigsmile::smiley:

ROB!!!!..... Not even a case of fat finger syndrome... As the B and D are too far apart.... Auto correct .... Maybe!?....

GWAYGWAY

Free Member
Sep 6, 2014
Dover
Funster No
MH
Hymer ML I 580
Exp
4 years
Pee in the shower (y);) but only when it is on......do you think I am uncouth!
Is that why people get uptight about grey ( yellow) water dropping . Always wondered why they complained they obviously all do it and think everybody else does as well.
INCOMING! take cover.

Aug 21, 2014
Isle of Wight
Funster No
MH
Rapido A class
Exp
20 yrs on and off
ROB!!!!..... Not even a case of fat finger syndrome... As the B and D are too far apart.... Auto correct .... Maybe!?....
Na just too exhausted from all my hard work to check my spelling and maybe the vino has a part to play. :smiley: I can't deny it (Rod Stewart The Story so far, Disc 1, 15) ::bigsmile::smiley::smiley:::bigsmile:

GWAYGWAY

Free Member
Sep 6, 2014
Dover
Funster No
MH
Hymer ML I 580
Exp
4 years
Loos are wonderful things in a motorhome, I had a drive around today for gas and fuel . Whilst filling in Tescos, I had a sudden urgent need for a pee 'cos I had been sitting for sometime. I had to shut the pump, scurry around into the van and use the loo. URGENT is quite often now. There was no other loo for 200 yards to the main shop, too far ,I fear for me. Carried on filling afterwards and made a lame excuse about checking the fuel gauge, to the cashier.

Oct 5, 2012
Ayrshire
Funster No
MH
Carado T132
Exp
5 years, feel free to ask me about the Carado!!
Is that why people get uptight about grey ( yellow) water dropping . Always wondered why they complained they obviously all do it and think everybody else does as well.
INCOMING! take cover.
I thought I was the only one.....(y):sneaky:

Apr 27, 2008
Eastbourne East Sussex
Funster No
MH
Hymer low profile
Exp
Since 1972
We use all our facilities, including hairdryer, microwave etc off inverter, though if on a site I use our shower while SWMBO uses the site ones if they're reasonable. She always wears crocs in them though. The advantage of this is we can both have a shower at the same time while not leaving the dogs.

Any suggestions of showering together in the MH are impractical, our shower is a reasonable size but we are not.

Jun 17, 2012
North Essex
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Delaware
Exp
>12 but <13
Can anyone tell me WHY they don't use toilet for a no.2 ?
Once you have pee'd in it then it will need to be emptied

Oct 12, 2009
SW London, Poland and all Europe
Funster No
MH
A Class N+B Arto 69GL
Exp
Since 2009
How did you think that they would test it lol

Eddie

Surprised at you.

Two ways; open the blade or pull out the cassette and the weight tells you.

Anyway, should be taken out for servicing, even if empty.

Keep away from dealers.

Geoff

Oct 12, 2009
SW London, Poland and all Europe
Funster No
MH
A Class N+B Arto 69GL
Exp
Since 2009
Jim

I accept the results of the survey, however I have done a 'straw survey' and it seems that approx. 85+% use campsites at some time, since they mention using facilities.

I just wonder whether this approx. percentage is representative of MHFun members in general, or just ones who have responded to this thread. And conversely how many never use sites?

Any thoughts? Even privately, unquotable of course.

Geoff

Feb 16, 2013
uttoxeter
Funster No
MH
ambulance conversion
Exp
50 years
Jim

I accept the results of the survey, however I have done a 'straw survey' and it seems that approx. 85+% use campsites at some time, since they mention using facilities.

I just wonder whether this approx. percentage is representative of MHFun members in general, or just ones who have responded to this thread. And conversely how many never use sites?

Any thoughts? Even privately, unquotable of course.

Geoff
That's what I thought but willing to accept the poll findings.

Don Quixote

Free Member
Jul 29, 2012
Lost in La Mancha, Spain
Funster No
MH
VW T6 Campervan
Exp
Not long enough, but a little common sense helps..........
Well, firstly don't a dressing gown, so using the a camp site loo is not on and thinking about it don't have "jamies" neither....... Secondly no oven or microwave in a continental van, if it does not fit in a remoska we starve............. Have enough battery power to use it if not on EHU.
We do us sites, but not in the UK as they are a rip off and the same for eating out!! why? we can enjoy what we like by making it. As for the rest shower, cooker rings, sink, loo (pee and poo) of course...... that's why we bought a MH, otherwise we could have bought a tent........

Having said all above, each to their own and I respect any member who can go up to the shower area at 10pm or 5am for a shower or use the washing up area that the tenting campers have used it:sick: or use the camp site wifi. Enough said

EyUp

Free Member
Jul 3, 2016
Yorkshireman living in Surrey
Funster No
MH
Majestic 180
Exp
Can anyone tell me WHY they don't use toilet for a no.2 ?
Once you have pee'd in it then it will need to be emptied

Cos it stinks of poo
Bits get clogged in sliding mechanisms
It stinks of poo
You'd need a loo brush with accompanying holder and disinfectant
Poo stinks
Faff to clean properly on site
It stinks of poo
Good loos on sites so no need to use MoHo

Did I mention, it stinks of poo ?

Emptying pee isnt a prob. Two or three swill outs and its a good un.

Having said that, Id have no issues using it for a poo in an emergency but until we really need to, there is no point.

:D

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back