Urgent Advice Required -Fridge not working in Morocco (2 Viewers)

OP
OP
makems

makems

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 23, 2011
Ingleby Barwick,,Teesside
Funster No
MH
Sadly had to give up
Exp
2010-2017
Pleased to hear you have sorted it.
Must have had some real dirty gas, last van cleaned the flue after 3 years and we only run on gas, there was no soot in it to clean out, nice clean UK gas I think as I always fill up in the UK before crossing the ditch.

I would run out after a few weeks, so filling up abroad and using foreign gas is unavoidable short of filling the garage with Calor bottles!

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Lenny HB

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 18, 2007
On the coast in West Sussex
Funster No
MH
Hymer B678 DL
Exp
Since 2008 & many years tugging
I would run out after a few weeks, so filling up abroad and using foreign gas is unavoidable short of filling the garage with Calor bottles!
I know, we will probably have the same problem this year as we will be going further afield & we are heavy gas users.

OP
OP
makems

makems

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 23, 2011
Ingleby Barwick,,Teesside
Funster No
MH
Sadly had to give up
Exp
2010-2017
Final follow up
Fridge freezer has been working fine since the big clean out. Freezer actually seems better than when van was new.
Also, the cooling fan hasn't been running whereas it was running almost constantly before. So presumably all the soot and carbon was preventing it working efficiently.

Sundowners

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 30, 2007
Suffolk/Central Portugal
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
37 years
So glad you got it sorted OK---a right pain having to remove 'fridge to clean the flue though.
Something to remember-----our new 'fridge started bleeping and blue light flashing when the seal on the bottom of the 'fridge door came adrift, ( I don't know how )
Nigel & Pamala--in chilly damp UK

gwyntaxi

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 9, 2009
,Swansea
Funster No
MH
hymer starline 655
Exp
42yearscaravanning&motorhoming
Since we left home it's had UK LPG, Spanish LPG and Moroccan propane. So no surprise there was a lot of shit up the chimney!
.When I used to go to Morocco every winter As soon as I got there I used to get a full Moroccan 13kg gas cylinder and it was widely known as being "dirty" gas I would always have to clean my flue which used to soot up after 10 weeks, could well be part of your problem.....just sayin....

Jan 1, 2019
Pembrokeshire
Funster No
MH
Hymer B704 PL
Exp
Since 2017
.When I used to go to Morocco every winter As soon as I got there I used to get a full Moroccan 13kg gas cylinder and it was widely known as being "dirty" gas I would always have to clean my flue which used to soot up after 10 weeks, could well be part of your problem.....just sayin....
You been on the sauce in sunny Wales? 😂🍺🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back