Update TomTom maps or buy new satnav? (1 Viewer)

OP
OP
ojibway

ojibway

Free Member
Jul 17, 2012
Eastbourne
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
since 2005
If you get stuck updating I can offer my services to do it for free (less postage of course), they are quite simple to do and as posted by someone else all the information is available to get the latest maps on it.....
Are you referring to the Nozatec or the TomTom?

PeteH

Free Member
Nov 22, 2007
East Riding of Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
Rapido, 999M.
Exp
18+yrs plus 25+Towing
It's about time I updated the maps on my TomTom XXL which I haven't done for several years.
Problem is, do I pay £45+ for an update or should I buy a new "other make" satnav for £34?

I had been tempted to buy a new TomTom with lifetime updates but my XXL is perfectly good and they are pricey.
I've looked at this one on Amazon:
Broken Link Removed
It looks OK to me.
Have any of you funsters had this dilemma and what have you done??
Mike:unsure::unsure:

Just realised, you have the XXL?. I had a problem Re-Loading the UK/Europe maps, when I took the USA mapping off, and e-mailed T-T. They checked up and gave me a reload. but because the Original load was out of date. I got (effectively) a free Upgrade!!.

Pete

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

funflair

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 11, 2013
Guisborough
Funster No
MH
MORELO palace
Exp
since 2012
I have TomTom and Co Pilot on my iPhone and iPad, but if I had to choose one I would stick with Co Pilot, although I like TomTom for putting in co-ordinates from the campercontact app, just click route and then it goes straight into TomTom.

I have never seen the point of a stand alone device, as Its always available on my phone out walking and cycling.

Martin

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back