LIFE MEMBER
Jul 28, 2016
Glasgow, Scotland
Funster No
MH
Globecar 600L Revn
Exp
since 2016
Michelin recommended 65psi front / 80 psi rear for my 3500kg PVC with a 1650kg/1850kg F/R axle weight distribution on 225/75/R16C/CP Q 116 a Agilis Camping tyres
This was their reply

The Agilis Camping tyre boasts a long life by using the same technology as the Michelin Agilis van tyre range. It has a reinforced construction to enable the use of higher pressures, has 8 kerbing protectors built in to each sidewall to increase resistance of sidewall scuffing and is M+S (mud and snow) marked to give sufficient grip when occasionally travelling in difficult conditions such as unsurfaced roads, mud and snow.

The suggested tyre pressure for the rear of a motorhome running on the Agilis Camping is 80psi. This is due to the construction of the tyre with 2 casing plies enabling the use of higher pressures. Its construction and the use of higher pressures is designed to cope with continual heavy loads sometimes found on motorhomes and can help with wear pattern issues if lower pressures are used particularly on the rear axle.
The front pressures however can be adjusted according to accurately weighed axle loads for a more comfortable ride and optimum performance. We at Michelin recommend 65psi to start with.

Hellski

Free Member
Mar 28, 2016
Cheltenham
Funster No
MH
N+B Arto 76 LE
Exp
@gerry mcg thank you for posting your reply from Michelin(y) Interesting, although 80psi does seem rather high??

When I collected my M/H, I asked the question in regards to tyre pressure and the dealer stated that they always refer to the manufactures pressure, in my case Burstner recommend Fiat's stated pressure which is 76psi for all tyres. I've been maintaining this pressure ever since. However, I have been very interested within this thread because I have always felt they are too hard making the ride very harsh.

Using @Cossieg calculations my tyre pressure should be 64psi for the rear and 56psi for the fronts. Adjusting the pressures to these figures the tyres now look as though they are under load(n) I haven't had the opportunity to road test as yet, so can't comment how they feel whilst driving. It will also be interesting to see how the temperatures react via tyrepal monitor, just hope no long term damage is caused in the process:whistle:

Emmit

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 14, 2009
Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Pilote Explorateur
Exp
Jan.2014
I run my tyres according to the load imposed, 54psi front 62 psi rear.
I also regularly check the condition and wear of the tyres and despite the dire warnings when I said I was going to divert from the 80psi all round, I get good mpg at 29+ and the wear on the tyres is even after over 10000 miles.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Feb 22, 2008
Norfolk
Funster No
MH
Nearly Tugging
Exp
Since 2004
@gerry mcg thank you for posting your reply from Michelin(y) Interesting, although 80psi does seem rather high??

When I collected my M/H, I asked the question in regards to tyre pressure and the dealer stated that they always refer to the manufactures pressure, in my case Burstner recommend Fiat's stated pressure which is 76psi for all tyres. I've been maintaining this pressure ever since. However, I have been very interested within this thread because I have always felt they are too hard making the ride very harsh.

Using @Cossieg calculations my tyre pressure should be 64psi for the rear and 56psi for the fronts. Adjusting the pressures to these figures the tyres now look as though they are under load(n) I haven't had the opportunity to road test as yet, so can't comment how they feel whilst driving. It will also be interesting to see how the temperatures react via tyrepal monitor, just hope no long term damage is caused in the process:whistle:

The Michelin reply to @gerry mcg corresponds with my Hymer instruction manual front 4.5 bar , rear 5.5 bar which are the pressures I run at.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back