Two lucky puppies looking for a home. (2 Viewers)

Armytwowheels

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 10, 2012
Market Harborough
Funster No
MH
Carthago S Plus - Iveco
Exp
Since 2011
On my morning walk with Izzy we discovered two, week old puppies sealed in a tub of paint, in a wheely bin. The tub had about 2 inches of paint still in it and the lid was on tight. They were not meant to be discovered, but fate made us take a slightly different morning walk to our usual route and luckily they had energy to make enough noise to be heard as I walked past.

I am not showing photos of them covered in paint and shivering because it is too distressing. Sufice to say is that two hours after finding them, they were cleaned up, fed, warm and collected by a local lady who helps out dogs in distress. Thank you to my new Belgium friend Karieen who helped me care and clean them.

My reason for posting is that if there is anyone in Spain who is thinking of giving a dog a home, these two little darlings will be looking for a home in about 8 weeks time, if, and this is a big IF, they survive. To the best of my knowledge they could be labrador size, but who knows.
20170107_192148.jpg

jumartoo

Funster
LIFE MEMBER
Oct 19, 2015
Alhama de Murcia, Spain
Funster No
MH
Hymer Tramp
Exp
Since 1994
Sandra is not giving herself sufficient credit for the rescue of these puppies. She had to get them out of a large rubbish bin, controlling Issie at the same time. She used her clothes to wrap them in and got herself covered in paint in the process. She looked after them until Sylvia, a local doctor and rescuer of dogs, could come and collect them and she insisted Sylvia took a generous donation.

Well done Sandra :clap2:.

Let's hope they survive and can find good homes if they do.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

movan

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 2, 2009
Moving around
Funster No
MH
Burstner
Exp
since07
OMG ... PLEASE keep us informed of how they get on. My heart is pounding .. how the Hell can someone do something like that .. it should be a prisonable offence. How bloody cruel can you be to make them suffer ... sorry ..have to stop posting ..I'm going to go off on one .. it will affect md all week. Please let us know they ok. :(

OP
OP
Armytwowheels

Armytwowheels

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 10, 2012
Market Harborough
Funster No
MH
Carthago S Plus - Iveco
Exp
Since 2011
I know it's heart breaking but they are so young and so little it really is going to be touch and go if they survive. I don't know anything about rearing dogs this young away from their mother so who knows what's going to happen. The only thing I know is that if they do die they will be warm and safe as they pass on.

If anyone has friends or family in the Murcia, Andalusia, or Valencia area, please spread the word. We are here for the next two months and will do all we can to help them find a home, if they survive.

meanders

Funster - Life Member
LIFE MEMBER
Jun 28, 2008
Ipswich, Suffolk
Funster No
MH
C class
Exp
Since 2004
Unbelievable.

Makes you wonder about how anyone could do that to a defenceless animal. Then you look on as the bar stewards go frightening the hell out of birds before shooting them out of sky, or murdering innocent children in Syria, and you understand even less.

TheBig1

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 27, 2011
Dorset
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
many many years! since I was a kid
sadly some folk put no value on the life of unwanted puppies

well done sandra for doing your bit to help them but realistically its only about a 30% survival on such youngsters. just hope the rescue has a lactating bitch to improve their chances. even then they will take round the clock care and feeding for the next couple of months

Stagman

Free Member
Aug 19, 2015
North Essex
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
3yrs
On my morning walk with Izzy we discovered two, week old puppies sealed in a tub of paint, in a wheely bin. The tub had about 2 inches of paint still in it and the lid was on tight. They were not meant to be discovered, but fate made us take a slightly different morning walk to our usual route and luckily they had energy to make enough noise to be heard as I walked past.

I am not showing photos of them covered in paint and shivering because it is too distressing. Sufice to say is that two hours after finding them, they were cleaned up, fed, warm and collected by a local lady who helps out dogs in distress. Thank you to my new Belgium friend Karieen who helped me care and clean them.

My reason for posting is that if there is anyone in Spain who is thinking of giving a dog a home, these two little darlings will be looking for a home in about 8 weeks time, if, and this is a big IF, they survive. To the best of my knowledge they could be labrador size, but who knows.
View attachment 140895
Bless you for saving them!

R

Robert Clark

Deleted User
I know it's heart breaking but they are so young and so little it really is going to be touch and go if they survive. I don't know anything about rearing dogs this young away from their mother so who knows what's going to happen. The only thing I know is that if they do die they will be warm and safe as they pass on.

If anyone has friends or family in the Murcia, Andalusia, or Valencia area, please spread the word. We are here for the next two months and will do all we can to help them find a home, if they survive.
I posted a link to puppy rescue in Alicante
Maybe they can help?

OP
OP
Armytwowheels

Armytwowheels

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 10, 2012
Market Harborough
Funster No
MH
Carthago S Plus - Iveco
Exp
Since 2011
realistically its only about a 30% survival on such youngsters. just hope the rescue has a lactating bitch to improve their chances. even then they will take round the clock care and feeding for the next couple of months
Unfortunately I think you are right, but you never know, luck has been on their side once already.

Anthea M

Free Member
Deceased RIP
Oct 18, 2015
Sheffield
Funster No
MH
Hobby
Exp
Since 2009
Well done Sandra , after a terrible start and a great rescue I hope they go on to have a wonderful life.

Can't help thinking most litters are larger than two pups .... very sad.

movan

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 2, 2009
Moving around
Funster No
MH
Burstner
Exp
since07
Thanks Robert. I will contact them to see if they have a lactating bitch. The lady that has them now is very experienced so she may be doing the same. Will know more on Monday.

Sandra .. Not puppies but rabbits. My rabbit died in childbirth and I raised 6 of the babies right from birth .. so it IS possible. Fingers crossed.

movan

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 2, 2009
Moving around
Funster No
MH
Burstner
Exp
since07
Well done Sandra , after a terrible start and a great rescue I hope they go on to have a wonderful life.

Can't help thinking most litters are larger than two pups .... very sad.

That was my thought too Anthea... :( Dread to think too much.

Feb 22, 2014
Grantham
Funster No
MH
Rapido Le Randonneur
Exp
Since 2015
Thank goodness you took a detour. Thank you for bothering to look, and then for getting mucky and paint splattered rescuing them. These little guys are very vulnerable. Might have ingested the paint. I think these little ones have a struggle ahead. Now got everything crossed for them. Their start has been so cruel and uncaring. I hope their lives will be filled with love and kindness and fun. Bless you Sandra and your friend.

Aug 18, 2014
Lorca,Murcia,Spain
Funster No
MH
Transit PVC
Exp
16 years since restarting

There are dozens of others as well as them . When we have had them dumped by us, we've rung a dozen or more rescue places to try to get them collected without success.:(
I know who runs that one & it is very good. especially for rehoming into Germany & Holland.

Nice one Sandra....... I would expect no less from any real dog Lover, you, however are a star and I'm proud to call you my bestest fun-buddy.

Wouldn't you just love to meet up with the scum that did this, makes me freakin angry it really does.
Unfortunately it is quite common. I've lost count of the amount we have had . My neighbours are all Spanish & they get as annoyed about it as we do.

Unbelievable.

Makes you wonder about how anyone could do that to a defenceless animal. Then you look on as the bar stewards go frightening the hell out of birds before shooting them out of sky, or murdering innocent children in Syria, and you understand even less.
Unfortunately it isn't.:(

I posted a link to puppy rescue in Alicante
Maybe they can help?

They aren't in Alicante but Albox in Almeria.

I can probably come up with 20 dog/puppy rescue places without even giving it too much thought . Vast amount Brit run but quite a few run by Germans, Dutch, Belgians.
I can also come up with a couple that are extremely dubious & would appear to be in it for there own benefit.
Then we have another place near Alicante, this advertises with Spanish vets to get referrals but is in fact a business that is contracted by various councils in Gandi, Xabia, oliva, & various others in Alicante & Valencia provinces to remove unwanted strays from the streets. They are paid a fee for each one. I don't suppose the councils would be too pleased finding out that they are travelling hundreds of kms to pick up dogs all over the place & for which these councils are paying. Oh & they destroy them. :mad:
For animal lovers it can easily drive you mad living here. I know of people in Almeria who have left because they couldn't stand the heartache of keep finding /seeing dogs dumped.

My mate where I went for lunch yesterday has inherited another one. Alsation cross. She is a lovely dog, about 5 months old vet said today.
& normally they are always the females that are dumped .

Just thinking & having a quick count & with what the Spanish neighbours have taken in or re-homed over the years we are talking around 60-70 dogs between 4 properties spread over 500m in the last 15 years. :mad: That is without ones that haven't stayed or have been frightened by dogs already here.
It's no good even saying that it is far better around here now than it ever was; because it is still not acceptable.

laird of Dunstan

LIFE MEMBER
Feb 15, 2015
lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
Rapido 9000DFH
Exp
ex caravanner

I had to rear 6 pups from two weeks old ,there is formula milk its a bit like human baby milk but for puppies and from there you wean them on to a puppy biscuit type food ,a vet will be able to tell you where to get them both,also we manage to borrow infra red heaters to keep the puppies warm,all ended well.

i was running a buisness at the time and having to bottle feed 6 pups every 2-3 hours was a challenge but i loved it i really did

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back