Two lucky puppies looking for a home. (1 Viewer)

DBK

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 9, 2013
Plympton, Devon
Funster No
MH
PVC, Murvi Morocco
Exp
Very sad but as already mentioned it isn't that unusual even here in the UK. If they don't have names yet may I suggest Magnolia and Whitewash or perhaps Turps. :(
As to their eventual size I suspect less than labrador as the feet of the one in the OP don't look too big.
I will nominate Sandra for the PRM with the "Bin" clasp. :)

But a knighthood costs at least a million these days. So that will have to be delayed. :(

Jenben

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 19, 2015
Uk
Funster No
MH
Hymer Exsis I
Exp
Since 2007
Well done @Armytwowheels , we have friends who live in Spain, a Spanish family who have a dozen dogs. Each of them is a rescue dog, all shapes and sizes imagineable, a story for each one, all sad.

Whilst they each had a bad start they ended up in a very loving home, hope your two puppies are similarly lucky.

Jan 10, 2013
Near Uttoxeter and Crete
Funster No
MH
Warwick XL PVC
Exp
Still trucking and learning
@The Dude - Can you resist?
Whilst we have been travelling through Spain we have commented on how few stray dogs there are and how the Spanish people seem to be much more animal friendly than the Greeks .............. and then I see this! Disgusting behaviour and a huge well done to Sandra. However, when we are ready to adopt another dog we will probably get one from this man in Crete - he currently has almost 200 dogs which he has rescued and which all need good homes. We have visited his shelter and regularly donate to him - he is an amazing man.
https://www.facebook.com/Takis-Shelter-non-profit-organisation-591844890918840/?fref=ts

OP
OP
Armytwowheels

Armytwowheels

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 10, 2012
Market Harborough
Funster No
MH
Carthago S Plus - Iveco
Exp
Since 2011
Some Spanish love their pets as much as we do, just as some English mistreat their pets as much as the Spanish do.

I have no problem with culling animals (humans have been doing in for centuries) and the Spanish culture is a bit behind when it comes to spaying and sterilising their pets, so they use methods that we would rather not know about. However, cruelty will always be cruelty and putting puppies in a tin of paint and sealing the lid is as cruel as it gets. Thank goodness it was emulsion and not gloss, we would never have got them cleaned and the fumes would have probably killed them.

I will attempt to get an update tomorrow on their progress. If they look like surviving I think we should have a naming competition, but please no names yet, if you name something you start to take ownership and I must NOT do that.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

jnn

Free Member
Oct 22, 2016
cheshire
Funster No
MH
van conversion trafic
Exp
nooby
Galgos del Sol might be able to help with knowing who can help and if they're as young as they sound may know or have a lactating bitch, no idea of the geography though sorry

canopus

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 27, 2010
rural Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
Carado CV640 Pro
Exp
Since 2010
We found new born 6 puppies in a box by the dustbins a couple of years ago at San Luca de Barrameda aire. They appeared the day the circus came to town and motorhomes were asked to move elsewhere. Went and spoke to a chap from the council in charge of providing power to the circus, and he more or less told me that this was Spain and not UK and things were different there.

Well done Sandra for your rescue.

Debs

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 9, 2014
West Notts
Funster No
MH
A class Adria Vision
@Armytwowheels :notworthy2: well done Sandra, hope the pups survive and are settled eventually into loving homes.

You just have to just hope that what goes around comes around

OP
OP
Armytwowheels

Armytwowheels

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 10, 2012
Market Harborough
Funster No
MH
Carthago S Plus - Iveco
Exp
Since 2011
The Totana Twins - Tots and Tana!

I am very pleased to report that the puppies are still doing well and are now little fat bundles of mischief. I hope to go and see them next week and get some photos, then the campaign to find them a home can really begin.

If anyone in the UK would like to take one, I will do all I can to help get them there safely. They will get vaccinations, wormed and rabies jabs before travelling. I hope to raise some money to cover the costs of all this. One very kind Funster has already offered a very generous sum.

I need to see the lady that is looking after them before they can be promised to anyone, to make sure she hasn't already found them homes.

Last edited:
Sep 5, 2012
Scotland
Funster No
MH
East Neuk Fifer
Exp
since 2012
Super news, sure they'll find a home quickly and funsters will help with the cost if asked. Well done everyone involved.(y) SIL is involved with a rescue centre in Spain, if I take camper across I'll be tempted to bring a resident home I'm sure.

OP
OP
Armytwowheels

Armytwowheels

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 10, 2012
Market Harborough
Funster No
MH
Carthago S Plus - Iveco
Exp
Since 2011
Super news, sure they'll find a home quickly and funsters will help with the cost if asked. Well done everyone involved.(y) SIL is involved with a rescue centre in Spain, if I take camper across I'll be tempted to bring a resident home I'm sure.
Which puppy rescue centre is it please? I know there is one regularly involved with shipping dogs to new homes all over Europe. I guess I will need to get in touch with one of them to help in the rehoming process.

Sep 5, 2012
Scotland
Funster No
MH
East Neuk Fifer
Exp
since 2012
Akira rescue centre Benissa. SIL said already lots of pups looking for new homes in their shelter and a lot of red tape involved with bringing back to UK but think we all realise that.

jumartoo

Funster
LIFE MEMBER
Oct 19, 2015
Alhama de Murcia, Spain
Funster No
MH
Hymer Tramp
Exp
Since 1994
Sandra, the delinquent Annie, white Water Dog, Paula and Angel tried to adopt was eventually rehomed in the UK with a lady who could cope with her. They may be able to put you in touch with whoever arranged for her to be rehomed.

I'll come with you to Sylvia's place if I'm free next week when you go. We have paperwork to sort out next week but don't know when yet.

Count me in for a donation.

PS I think a tin for donations in the room may be on the cards, especially if we can put a photo with it. I'll see you later or tomorrow.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Armytwowheels

Armytwowheels

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 10, 2012
Market Harborough
Funster No
MH
Carthago S Plus - Iveco
Exp
Since 2011
Sandra, the delinquent Annie, white Water Dog, Paula and Angel tried to adopt was eventually rehomed in the UK with a lady who could cope with her. They may be able to put you in touch with whoever arranged for her to be rehomed.

I'll come with you to Sylvia's place if I'm free next week when you go. We have paperwork to sort out next week but don't know when yet.

Count me in for a donation.

PS I think a tin fir donations in the room may be on the cards, especially if we can put a photo with it. I'll see you later or tomorrow.

Thanks Judith. I will ask Angle to send her a message asking if we can visit. Your company on the visit would be great as you are far more likely to understand Sylvia than I am.

faraway

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 10, 2016
Kent
Funster No
MH
Chausson Flash 10
Exp
Getting better
Well done Sandra, holding thumbs for the pups(y)

jumartoo

Funster
LIFE MEMBER
Oct 19, 2015
Alhama de Murcia, Spain
Funster No
MH
Hymer Tramp
Exp
Since 1994
UPDATE

Today on my Facebook feed I got a notification of an event to be held on Sunday by the dog rescue that took in the puppies.

I contacted Sharon, who works for the charity, and she remembered the puppies and sent me two photos of them before they went for adoption. They were named Mozart and Haydn. Haydn was rehomed in Spain and Mozart in the UK.

Two piccies.

I think Mozart is the all black one and Haydn the black and tan.

received_10156103568863428.jpeg
received_10156103567688428.jpeg

movan

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 2, 2009
Moving around
Funster No
MH
Burstner
Exp
since07
Oooh gone all gooey ... what a lovely lovely dnd to this sad story ... omg ... how beautiful they are ... Sandra you would be hugged to bits if you were here now. Xxxxxxxxxx

Southdowners

Free Member
May 7, 2015
West Sussex
Funster No
MH
Concorde Charisma
Exp
Since May 2015
Oh those puppies are gorgeous!

Such a dreadful start to their lives - I hope they have a wonderful future in their new homes.

OP
OP
Armytwowheels

Armytwowheels

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 10, 2012
Market Harborough
Funster No
MH
Carthago S Plus - Iveco
Exp
Since 2011
I am so pleased we eventually found out how they got on.

I didn't want to keep pestering Sylvia as I know she is always worried about too many people knowing where she lives and dumping dogs on her.

Feb 22, 2014
Grantham
Funster No
MH
Rapido Le Randonneur
Exp
Since 2015
A lovely ending to an unhappy start. Have a great life puppies.....and Sandra, you are just wonderful!

Oct 24, 2015
Helgas house
Funster No
MH
hymer e650 battered!!
Exp
None
Good job,,, there very lucky pups indeed !!

They have Rottweiler eyebrows!! Lol

Feb 21, 2016
Uk
Funster No
MH
C class
Exp
Since 2017
Difficult to imagine how any one could be so cruel,but very well done for rescuing those little dawgs. You deserve a medal,although Im sure you don’t crave for such.
Thanks from all animal lovers.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back