TV aerial cable.

Discussion in 'Motorhome Chat' started by BOND, Jan 10, 2015.

1. BOND

BOND Read Only Funster

Just back from a site that had poor TV reception, I noticed everyone using normal aerial cables plugged into the electric post & into their MHs/caravans.
    I'm guessing this is the booster cable - Is it a standard cable? Is it a push fit into the onsite post & any ideas where it plugs in on my Autotrail as the TV box is in one of the top cupboards?
    Any help appreciated.

2. CWH

CWH Funster Life Member

yes - but check the male/female ends, may need a short adapter cable too
    yes
    on mine (not Autotrail), can be side of the TV or a point by the EHU (this needs the adapter cable)

• Like Like x 1
  3. tonka

tonka Funster Life Member

I tend to run the cable in via a rear locker and behind cushions and straight into the TV.. But it would all depend on the layout of your van and where the TV is... If you only have a TV on a drop down screen then you may need to connect the cable into the aerial point on the Tv amp in the top cupboard.
    Standard Tv or Satellite cable (lower loss) cable yes. Ref connections they can vary, Tv end will be the standard plug, the "bollard" can be a choice of 3 types but look on ebay and you can get adaptors to suit..
    On the opposite end from the Tv I wouod fit a "f" plug as used on satellite.. Then get an F to Tv plug adaptor, also a Tv barrel.. Then all bases are covered... I"ll post some pics or links later if needed.

• Like Like x 2
  4. sb8263

sb8263 Funster

they plug in to the back of your tv , we just put it through the window and close it,,,our van is an Autotrail too,,the post fitting is usualy a tv / digital or sky signal...you will need to do a retune through the tv....

5. Cal54

Cal54 Funster Life Member

I carry a real of coax cable bought from one of the club sites that have s booster system. Just the standard male/female ends on the cable but I do carry a couple of adapters. My vans layout lends itself to just feeding through a window and plugging into the arial socket on the back of the TV, but as said by previous posts this does depend on layout. Note it is possible to secure the window in the 'vent' position when coax being used.

• Like Like x 1
  6. AuldCodger

AuldCodger Read Only Funster

• Like Like x 1
  7. davejen

davejen Funster