Free Member
Nov 30, 2013
Swindon
Funster No
MH
2014 Commanche
Exp
Starting March 2014
Just back from a site that had poor TV reception, I noticed everyone using normal aerial cables plugged into the electric post & into their MHs/caravans.
I'm guessing this is the booster cable - Is it a standard cable? Is it a push fit into the onsite post & any ideas where it plugs in on my Autotrail as the TV box is in one of the top cupboards?
Any help appreciated.

CWH

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 29, 2014
UK
Funster No
MH
WildAx PVC
Exp
From November 2013

tonka

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 2, 2008
Cannock, Staffs
Funster No
MH
A class Burstner 800
Exp
Since 2000
I tend to run the cable in via a rear locker and behind cushions and straight into the TV.. But it would all depend on the layout of your van and where the TV is... If you only have a TV on a drop down screen then you may need to connect the cable into the aerial point on the Tv amp in the top cupboard.
Standard Tv or Satellite cable (lower loss) cable yes. Ref connections they can vary, Tv end will be the standard plug, the "bollard" can be a choice of 3 types but look on ebay and you can get adaptors to suit..
On the opposite end from the Tv I wouod fit a "f" plug as used on satellite.. Then get an F to Tv plug adaptor, also a Tv barrel.. Then all bases are covered... I"ll post some pics or links later if needed.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

sean n maggie

Free Member
Apr 29, 2014
leeds
Funster No
MH
autotrail
Exp
Just back from a site that had poor TV reception, I noticed everyone using normal aerial cables plugged into the electric post & into their MHs/caravans.
I'm guessing this is the booster cable - Is it a standard cable? Is it a push fit into the onsite post & any ideas where it plugs in on my Autotrail as the TV box is in one of the top cupboards?
Any help appreciated.
they plug in to the back of your tv , we just put it through the window and close it,,,our van is an Autotrail too,,the post fitting is usualy a tv / digital or sky signal...you will need to do a retune through the tv....

Cal54

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 25, 2014
Southport, UK
Funster No
MH
Leisuredrive Renoir
Exp
Since 1996
I carry a real of coax cable bought from one of the club sites that have s booster system. Just the standard male/female ends on the cable but I do carry a couple of adapters. My vans layout lends itself to just feeding through a window and plugging into the arial socket on the back of the TV, but as said by previous posts this does depend on layout. Note it is possible to secure the window in the 'vent' position when coax being used.

davejen

Free Member
Aug 21, 2008
Preston
Funster No
MH
Given up travelling
Exp
Since 1992

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun