Truma heating question

Discussion in 'The Beginner' started by Lindylooj, Nov 9, 2011.

1. Lindylooj

Lindylooj Read Only Funster

Sorry everyone, have read booklet for heating still no comprendez. We managed to get the heating working via the gas, but how do you get it to heat using mains electricity? Didnt seem to want to work for some reason (reason probably us not doing something right) but any ideas please. :Sad:

2. pappajohn

pappajohn Funster Life Member

does it actually have the ability to work on leccy...some do, some don't

if it does it may be the heating element has blown or even a fuse/breaker has tripped

3. Lindylooj

Maybe the element then, as definately should work off leccy and trip switches OK. Thanks

4. pappajohn

pappajohn Funster Life Member

Doubtful but does it have a separate thermostat for electric use ?

if not you need a sparky to check the element

5. motorhomelover

motorhomelover

is it a mains 240volt heater?? SOME ARE JUST GAS :thumb:

6. Lindylooj

hmmm will go and check em thinks. :Smile:

7. SPUD'N'T

SPUD'N'T Funster

are you waiting long enough for it to warm up on leccy ? ... ours warms up fast on gas but seems to take ages on hook up, once up to temp though it's fine.

8. SilverF1

SilverF1 Funster

9. Lindylooj

Thank you both. We turn the left hand dial on top of heater up, is that all we have to do apart from making sure we are hooked up and switched to 240 of course. The gas was no problem. We are off for our first rally this weekend so would like to have it working of leccy and not the gas.

10. stagman

stagman Deleted User

Is there a switched fused spur that is off , it may be in one of your cuboards .

11. JeanLuc

JeanLuc Funster

It may depend on which model heater you have. If it is a C3004 / C6002 with electric option, then the electricity only heats water, not blown air. Someone else asked the same question recently, maybe on another forum, and I checked my instructions.

12. Lindylooj

Just checked we have the S3002/S5002 model. Note the booklet says additional 230v electric heating optional so not sure how I find out if we have it or not!

• Like Like x 1
  13. aba

aba

if this is similar to the one fitted in my dads motorhome there is a separate dial and switch for the mains side.
    it looks like a thermostat with a small switch under the dial with 500watt 1000 watt and 2000 watt settings.

14. aba

aba

15. Diabalo

Diabalo Funster

I'm wiv Andy on this one, my Bessie Truma heater does gas or leccy, and there is a seperate dial for leccy as Andy has shown.:thumb:

16. JeanLuc

JeanLuc Funster

Just had a look at the instructions in the Truma download section of their website. The standard S3002/5002 are gas-only heaters. The Ultraheat was an optional extra that could be fitted to them. Here is the introduction to the instructions.

Short description
    Truma Ultraheat is an additional 230 V electric heater for the LPG heater models Trumatic S 3002 (P), Trumatic S 5002 and Truma S 55 T.
    Heater operation is basically possible with gas only, electricity only or simultaneously with electricity and gas.
    When using simultaneously the electrical unit will switch itself off before overheating occurs as a result of the stronger gas burner.

If you have it, you will see a dial as indicated in Andy's post - if not, I suggest you don't have it.

17. WynandJean

WynandJean Funster

We had the same problem with ours. Was trying to get it to run heating on electric but found that while it heats water on gas or electric will only run heating on gas, therefore bought halogen electric fire.
    I have enquired about a collar which is available to fit on the boiler but have not had a satisfactory reply to this.
    Wyn

18. Lindylooj

Absolutely spot on, once we found this and turned it on, hey presto got the heating to work so thank you and everyone else that replied. i love this place there is always an answer without making you feel a complete plonker. Had a good weekend, nothing major went wrong apart from not having right adaptor for water tap, but other kind motorhomers helped with that, and we blew the electrics. took a day to tune in tele but all good fun and we had a great weekend.:Smile: Couldnt reply before as we bought a dongle thing for computer but think it had to circle earth 60 times before we even got a signal