Free Member
Jun 24, 2011
Weymouth, Dorset
Funster No
MH
Autotrail
Exp
Newbie from Oct 2011
Sorry everyone, have read booklet for heating still no comprendez. We managed to get the heating working via the gas, but how do you get it to heat using mains electricity? Didnt seem to want to work for some reason (reason probably us not doing something right) but any ideas please. :Sad:

pappajohn

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 26, 2007
Dark side of the moon
Funster No
Exp
Since 2005
does it actually have the ability to work on leccy...some do, some don't

if it does it may be the heating element has blown or even a fuse/breaker has tripped

Upvote 0
OP
OP
Lindylooj

Lindylooj

Free Member
Jun 24, 2011
Weymouth, Dorset
Funster No
MH
Autotrail
Exp
Newbie from Oct 2011
Maybe the element then, as definately should work off leccy and trip switches OK. Thanks

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Upvote 0
Jul 28, 2010
The world
Funster No
MH
Small car
Exp
Sorry everyone, have read booklet for heating still no comprendez. We managed to get the heating working via the gas, but how do you get it to heat using mains electricity? Didnt seem to want to work for some reason (reason probably us not doing something right) but any ideas please. :Sad:
is it a mains 240volt heater?? SOME ARE JUST GAS :thumb:

Upvote 0

SPUD'N'T

Free Member
Aug 25, 2008
YORK ENGLAND
Funster No
MH
COACHBUILT (LOW PROFILE)
Exp
since 2008
are you waiting long enough for it to warm up on leccy ? ... ours warms up fast on gas but seems to take ages on hook up, once up to temp though it's fine.

Upvote 0

SilverF1

Free Member
Nov 14, 2010
Worcestershire
Funster No
MH
Low Profile
Exp
7 years and upwards
I don't know which model of Truma heater unit you have but this page on the the Truma website may be of help:-

Link Removed

Upvote 0
OP
OP
Lindylooj

Lindylooj

Free Member
Jun 24, 2011
Weymouth, Dorset
Funster No
MH
Autotrail
Exp
Newbie from Oct 2011
Thank you both. We turn the left hand dial on top of heater up, is that all we have to do apart from making sure we are hooked up and switched to 240 of course. The gas was no problem. We are off for our first rally this weekend so would like to have it working of leccy and not the gas.

Upvote 0
S

stagman

Deleted User
Thank you both. We turn the left hand dial on top of heater up, is that all we have to do apart from making sure we are hooked up and switched to 240 of course. The gas was no problem. We are off for our first rally this weekend so would like to have it working of leccy and not the gas.

Is there a switched fused spur that is off , it may be in one of your cuboards .

Upvote 0

JeanLuc

Free Member
Nov 17, 2008
Warwickshire
Funster No
MH
Hymer B630 Star-Line
Exp
Since 2007
It may depend on which model heater you have. If it is a C3004 / C6002 with electric option, then the electricity only heats water, not blown air. Someone else asked the same question recently, maybe on another forum, and I checked my instructions.

Upvote 0
OP
OP
Lindylooj

Lindylooj

Free Member
Jun 24, 2011
Weymouth, Dorset
Funster No
MH
Autotrail
Exp
Newbie from Oct 2011
Just checked we have the S3002/S5002 model. Note the booklet says additional 230v electric heating optional so not sure how I find out if we have it or not!

Upvote 0

aba

Free Member
Oct 27, 2009
yorkshire
Funster No
MH
coachbuilt
Exp
dec 2009
if this is similar to the one fitted in my dads motorhome there is a separate dial and switch for the mains side.
it looks like a thermostat with a small switch under the dial with 500watt 1000 watt and 2000 watt settings.

Upvote 0
Oct 14, 2007
Rochester
Funster No
MH
Auto-Trail Mohawk
Exp
16 fun filled years
I'm wiv Andy on this one, my Bessie Truma heater does gas or leccy, and there is a seperate dial for leccy as Andy has shown.:thumb:

Upvote 0

JeanLuc

Free Member
Nov 17, 2008
Warwickshire
Funster No
MH
Hymer B630 Star-Line
Exp
Since 2007
Just had a look at the instructions in the Truma download section of their website. The standard S3002/5002 are gas-only heaters. The Ultraheat was an optional extra that could be fitted to them. Here is the introduction to the instructions.

Short description
Truma Ultraheat is an additional 230 V electric heater for the LPG heater models Trumatic S 3002 (P), Trumatic S 5002 and Truma S 55 T.
Heater operation is basically possible with gas only, electricity only or simultaneously with electricity and gas.
When using simultaneously the electrical unit will switch itself off before overheating occurs as a result of the stronger gas burner.

If you have it, you will see a dial as indicated in Andy's post - if not, I suggest you don't have it.

Upvote 0

WynandJean

LIFE MEMBER
Mar 23, 2010
West Midlands
Funster No
MH
Bailey Autograph 682
Exp
Since 2010
We had the same problem with ours. Was trying to get it to run heating on electric but found that while it heats water on gas or electric will only run heating on gas, therefore bought halogen electric fire.
I have enquired about a collar which is available to fit on the boiler but have not had a satisfactory reply to this.
Wyn

Upvote 0
OP
OP
Lindylooj

Lindylooj

Free Member
Jun 24, 2011
Weymouth, Dorset
Funster No
MH
Autotrail
Exp
Newbie from Oct 2011
Is there a switched fused spur that is off , it may be in one of your cuboards .

Absolutely spot on, once we found this and turned it on, hey presto got the heating to work so thank you and everyone else that replied. i love this place there is always an answer without making you feel a complete plonker. Had a good weekend, nothing major went wrong apart from not having right adaptor for water tap, but other kind motorhomers helped with that, and we blew the electrics. took a day to tune in tele but all good fun and we had a great weekend.:Smile: Couldnt reply before as we bought a dongle thing for computer but think it had to circle earth 60 times before we even got a signal

Upvote 0

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back