Truma 4 degree valve to empty water

Discussion in 'Heating and Air-Conditioning' started by Ridgeway, Apr 9, 2012.

1. Ridgeway

Ridgeway Funster

Are these safety valves commonly installed on Truma or other heating systems on MH's ? It's a new system to me so still getting used to it but twice now the clean water res has been emptied by this valve which I know is only doing it's job but.... I also knew that it wouldn't freeze that night.

How do people cope in the winter when using their MH ?

2. Glynn

Glynn Read Only Funster

Good question !.
    I think the setting is too low, on mine it has a manual tap so it's up to me to remember if it needs draining or not. It's a trade off.

3. Reallyretired

Reallyretired Funster

If you're away in the winter, keep your heating/hot water on.Then no problem :Smile:

4. bobandjanie

bobandjanie Funster Life Member

Hi, I must agree they are a pain,:Sad: and they do their job very well sometimes. :Smile:

A lot of people put a peg on it, but we did it once and the peg had come off, not happy as we thought we had a full tank, and travelling through france in winter its a job to get water.:cry:

So know I have a cut to size piece of plastic water pipe that goes over it and then a split pin through the hole on it.:thumb:

That's going nowhere until I decide, but always leave the water on 40c or heating on low. :BigGrin: Bob.

5. GJH

GJH Funster Life Member

We are also new to the auto dump valve as our previous van only had a manual one. On cold nights we have simply done as others have mentioned and left the water heating on low.

It uses very little gas - and also means I don't get a cold shower in the morning :BigGrin:

6. Ridgeway

Ridgeway Funster

That sounds like an idea, job for the dremmel me thinks:thumb: