Truma 4 degree valve to empty water (1 Viewer)

Ridgeway

LIFE MEMBER
Mar 10, 2012
Lausanne
Funster No
MH
NiBi Arto 85E
Exp
Since 2012
Are these safety valves commonly installed on Truma or other heating systems on MH's ? It's a new system to me so still getting used to it but twice now the clean water res has been emptied by this valve which I know is only doing it's job but.... I also knew that it wouldn't freeze that night.

How do people cope in the winter when using their MH ?

Glynn

Free Member
May 2, 2010
Lancashire
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Good question !.
I think the setting is too low, on mine it has a manual tap so it's up to me to remember if it needs draining or not. It's a trade off.

bobandjanie

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 28, 2008
Javea, Spain
Funster No
MH
Pilote V600g
Exp
Hi, I must agree they are a pain,:Sad: and they do their job very well sometimes. :Smile:

A lot of people put a peg on it, but we did it once and the peg had come off, not happy as we thought we had a full tank, and travelling through france in winter its a job to get water.:cry:

So know I have a cut to size piece of plastic water pipe that goes over it and then a split pin through the hole on it.:thumb:

That's going nowhere until I decide, but always leave the water on 40c or heating on low. ::bigsmile: Bob.

GJH

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 20, 2007
Acklam, Teesside, originally Glossop
Funster No
MH
None, now sold
Exp
2006 to 2022
We are also new to the auto dump valve as our previous van only had a manual one. On cold nights we have simply done as others have mentioned and left the water heating on low.

It uses very little gas - and also means I don't get a cold shower in the morning ::bigsmile:

OP
OP
Ridgeway

Ridgeway

LIFE MEMBER
Mar 10, 2012
Lausanne
Funster No
MH
NiBi Arto 85E
Exp
Since 2012
Hi, I must agree they are a pain,:Sad: and they do their job very well sometimes. :Smile:

A lot of people put a peg on it, but we did it once and the peg had come off, not happy as we thought we had a full tank, and travelling through france in winter its a job to get water.:cry:

So know I have a cut to size piece of plastic water pipe that goes over it and then a split pin through the hole on it.:thumb:

That's going nowhere until I decide, but always leave the water on 40c or heating on low. ::bigsmile: Bob.

That sounds like an idea, job for the dremmel me thinks:thumb:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back