Triton V10 Fuel Consumption?

Discussion in 'American RV's' started by NIC S, Jun 21, 2010.

1. NIC S

NIC S Read Only Funster

Hi I could do with some feed back with ref to my fuel consumption,I have 5.5 t GVW 28 foot C Class,On my first trip travelining at 60-70MPH mostly motorway It returned 7.2 miles per gallon running on LPG with the cheaper cost of LPG (57.7p per litre) being equivalent to 14 MPG,what would I realistcally expect to get with the same speeds running it on petrol-I was told it would be 12 mpg on petrol so not a lot different but I've not had the chance or inclination to fill it up with petrol (£250) to test the consumption.I was hoping it would return more on LPG but presumably it doesn't burn as well as petrol ?.Please share your consumption figures.Nic
    PS admitably I was using the cruise control and on some of the hills the gearbox was dropping gears to try and maintain the 70 mph cruise setting.I now turn the cruise off on hills.

2. dazzer

dazzer Read Only Funster

We have had a few LPG cars and RVs and not noticed any change in mpg. Im lead to believe that LPG doesnt burn as hot as petrol so doesnt give the same amount of power but ive never noticed a difference.

The mpg your getting sounds about right but if you drop your speed by 5-10 mph you will notice a difference, good idea about the cruise, turn it off up hills!!!

3. madbluemad

madbluemad

I get 12mpg from my Triton V10, thats with 24 Foot Long and 6.8 ton. I drive at around 55 to 60mph.

When in Cruise Control I feel as though the I can see the needle on the petrol gauge dropping. I try to use it only when my ankle starts to get a bit tired and stressed now.

Jim
    :Smile:

4. Griffs

Griffs Funster

Hi.
    We have got a winnebago b class with the v10 , Last year in Spain we could get 14 mpg on petrol (on the motorways) but we do not catch the wind so much as you guys with the c class.
    I also dont drive above 60mph plus I agree that the cruise controls ok on nice long flat roads and not on hills and climbs, you will not get the same mpg with lpg but the difference is very little and loss of power will not be noticed, we had our conversion done a shortwhile ago and on three times out it was the best money we have spent on the rv.

5. Road Runner

Road Runner Read Only Funster

If you contact me I can help you get your LPG cheaper.

I will get you an account with Countrywide Farmers at a stonking rate and their in Weston:Wink:

6. slobadoberbob

slobadoberbob Read Only Funster

15 mpg including using the generator

We have a Winnebago Apect - 23'9" and pull a small trailer .. we are all up about 5.5 tons On out trip to France this year - up hill and down using crusie control we were doing about 15 to the gallon on our 2005 V10 triton .. did not go above about 55 mph and the revs wer around 1800 to 2,000 max... I find I get very similar to that in the UK. If you drive it with care it does a lot better than my 30' A class on a V8 (8 mpg) I had. I think the B class helps no end. I tend to fill up when I get down to 3/4 tank so I haul a lot of fuel with full LPG domestic tank and if going to a meet such as a DA meet with no guarentee of water I haul a full tank of that as well.
    I find having air assisted suspension helps and stops roll and I get a smoother ride and I feel that has to help the fuel I use on a trip.

I have had higher consumption on some trips, but the avarage is 14 to 15 mpg.:BigGrin:

7. Larrynwin

Larrynwin Funster

Our Hurricane 7.1 ton on triton gives 8mpg on lpg cruising at 57mph.

8. olley

olley Funster

I get around 7.5mpg on LPG, and that's with an all up weight of 8.75t, you need to sort your right foot out. :Smile:

Olley

9. Edgie

Edgie Read Only Funster

5.4 V8 Triton in a 5.2 ton 24ft C Class on petrol at 65mph cruise control average 12mpg.

10. peaps

peaps Funster

Fleetwood bounder 34v 36 foot long towing 1.2 corsa all up about 11 tons around 8 to the gallon petrol or LPG at 55-60

Pete