Travel Partners

Discussion in 'Motorhome Chat' started by Jim, Oct 27, 2014.

1. Jim

Jim Ringleader

The site for travel partners is ready for visitors, though it still is a work in progress. If you are looking for a travel partner then please do log in as I am doing some complimentary memberships for subscribers to fun.

Copied and pasted from the site to give you an idea about what I'm trying to do.

Find a Trail Mate
    You really do want to take that road trip to Morocco but feel uncomfortable with the idea of going it alone? We provide a community so that men and women who are seeking to take their dreams on the road can find like-minded people to share with. This is not a dating site and while it might turn out to be a great place to find a member to travel happily ever after with, we also want it to become a place to hook up with anyone. So couples travelling with couples. Women looking to travel with other women etc.

Check them out
    We strive to provide the tools to check out prospective travel mates. You can spend time with them, have personal conversations. Arrange to meet in neutral territory, maybe in the company of other trailmate members

Plan, Share and review
    You can use the experiences of the community to help you research your trips. We make that easy to share with blogs, Facebook® share links and activity feeds for all to see. Share your adventures and inspire others the way hopefully others shared & inspired you! The strength of our community lies directly with the transparency and honesty of our members. Tell others about your trip … what would help make the next visit better? Help us turn this into a great travel portal

A couple of the FAQ's

Does it cost anything to become a member of Trailmates?
    Membership is presently set at £5 a month, payable quarterly. or at £50 per year.

Why do you charge at all when there are other sites that provide similar services for nothing?
    We feel that affordable annual fee, we attract members who are really interested in finding a travel companion. The “Free” websites are chock full of trolls, scammers and time wasters. They may have many members but they are dormant, filled by people who filled a profile on a whim and are never seen again. These ghosts are allowed to remain as it boost the websites membership numbers, but does nothing to help you get a travel partner. Members here are paying because they are committed to finding a travel partner. Meanwhile we are able to check that bank and card details match given names which builds in a little extra security.

Running this site will be labour intensive and charging a small membership fee also means we are able to recover our running costs and pay us for the work we do in providing the service.

Can I search for a trail mate before I pay a subscription?
    The simple answer is No. If you are committed to finding a trailmate then the nominal fee is a small price to pay for the service we provide.

So, if this is something you might be interested in then please log in and get a free 3 month subscription. Though please ONLY if you are interested in using the service. Thanks. http://www.trailmates.co.uk

• Like Like x 1
  2. Clive

Clive Funster Life Member

Ben playing on the site all weekend, looking good (y)

3. Wildbill

Wildbill Funster

what abut one for family travellers Jim just to keep you bushy
    I am sure there are motor home users with family's who want to buddy up:Eeek:
    bill

• Like Like x 2
  4. ukbill

ukbill Funster

i dont understand dont we already have a rally forum people joining there will travel together ?

• Like Like x 2
  5. Carol

Carol Funster Life Member

It's easy Bill yes some of us do meet up and but that has been built up over time mostly through fun by Funsters who know one another,

This is a way for people who are not as well aquatinted and would like the extra security to get to know one another and become travel buddies, also sort out the time wasters you would no doubt get, as well as the plain nosey Parkers :Smile:

• Like Like x 1
  6. andy63

andy63 Funster

hi jim, im on your new site ,trailmates..
    still not got my head round it completely...it was introduced via the solo section on fun ,and I believe you asked for interested solo members of fun to express an desire to help get the site off the ground..
    my question is, is it a solo exclusive site....
    reading the home page it seems not, but I have not seen a definite reply to that question..
    if it isn't solo exclusive , then why will people pay a further membership subscription when everything else can be done on the current fun site, ie go to normal meets, build up a circle of friends and arrange any travel/holidays to suit.....
    would love to hear what you and others think, and help me get my head round it :unsure:

ps .how about a years free subscription for the volunteers :D

I posted this on an old thread , but thought I would add here to see what people say

ta andy

7. ukbill

ukbill Funster

carol for the life of me i dont understand when you say nosey parkers ?maybe its me being totally dimwit time wasters i dont know people put down for a rally and pull out we have all done that as for security i would have thought the best is on this site everyone knows each other unlike another site ?

• Like Like x 2
  8. Carol

Carol Funster Life Member

Bill I was not meaning any one on Funsters this is a www so anyone could look in not with the best intentions from any where so extra security for people travelling on there own is no bad thing.

Love you Bill :BigGrin:

• Like Like x 1
  9. ukbill

ukbill Funster

yes i understand carol but i still think the best they can have is on here with us
    and love u to :)

• Like Like x 2
  10. Flyingscotsman2

Flyingscotsman2

Get a motorhome u two.....:rofl:

• Like Like x 5
  11. ukbill

ukbill Funster

we already have 1

• Like Like x 1
  12. Dawn B

Dawn B Funster

Are you being unfaithful to me again :cry:

13. Jim

Jim Ringleader

Hi Bill, its not a site just for motorhomers; I will be promoting it for any and all types of travel and travellers.

• Like Like x 1
  14. ukbill

ukbill Funster

no darling there is also room for you my harem is always open you know that

15. Theonlysue

Theonlysue Funster Life Member

Bill, you're just a tart lol

• Like Like x 2
  16. ukbill

ukbill Funster

yeah i know but me harems still got room :)

• Like Like x 3
  17. Mahdeene

Mahdeene Read Only Funster

I for one, am looking forward to being part of this new Single Traveller Funster. I agree with Bill that it should be exclusively for single Funsters because the rest of you have already been able to join with others who have partners, husbands, children etc. We single people just want to be able to join a party of people who are in the same circumstances, to make friends, travel in a group, feel safer with other people about and not always being alone. I am 78 and have driven a motorhome since the 80's and before that (when my husband was alive) driven with a caravan on tow. I love my motorhome and travelling but would really enjoy having other people around to make friends with.

• Like Like x 2
  18. Cal54

Cal54 Funster Life Member

Maddened: there is a small get together for solo Funsters planned for next April in Lancashire. I appreciate it us a long way for you to travel for a weekend but wonder if you could make it part of a longer trip. Currently there are 6 of us hoping to meet up on 10th April and staying at; www Bridgehousemarina.co.uk.
    Why not join us.

• Like Like x 1
  19. irnbru

irnbru Funster Life Member

We aren't exactly sure if this is correct, some confusion over this. Andy63 has asked Jim about this so we are just awaiting his reply for clarification.

• Like Like x 1
  20. Cal54

Cal54 Funster Life Member

Having checked one of Jims posts it looks like the trailmates will be for all solo travellers, not exclusive to Funsters.