tow car update

Discussion in 'Motorhome Chat' started by robinmclaren, Aug 9, 2009.

1. robinmclaren

robinmclaren Read Only Funster

just a update on our toad , we had a ford 55 plate ka on braked a frame that worked great but i hated the car with a vengance ( just found it no fun and dont they rust quick) , car sold to buyer who didnt want the a frame, we were about to convert our astra sxi but had concerns about damaging it behind motorhome , i spotted a perodua nippa with a a frame for £800 , viewed it laughed at it and took it home behind my works van, cracking car , 4 doors , 850cc 3 cylinder engine, room for 4 adults and 60 mpg ( we put in £20 when we go it and did 240 miles before refilling @ £20, anyone looking for a toad have a look at these as dirt cheap , loads of room compared to smarts , i figure body must be well protected as "r" reg and no rust at all, so light compared to our ka for towing and bags of fun and laughs
    not a braked a frame this time but lets see how we go i dont want to start this debate again

2. wizzer59

wizzer59 Funster

3. wizzer59

wizzer59 Funster

Oops that doesn't work, why?:Blush:

4. scotjimland

scotjimland Funster Life Member

Nice one..

I don't see the point of paying ££££££££ for a toad to sit in the wake of an RV chucking rocks at it all day .. our Fiat Sincosumit does +50 mpg , came with a Car A Tow BRAKED :Laughing: A frame, all for the princely sum of £650 .. great little car and great fun to drive, reminds me of my first Mini back in '68 ..

Spent a couple of hundred this year, timing belt, shot radiator, couple of tyres and a full service.. but it's well worth it.. cheapo motoring .. happy days.

jim

5. wizzer59

wizzer59 Funster

Do ya know I can't find one of those Sincosumits anywhere????????:Rofl1:

6. wizzer59

wizzer59 Funster

7. robinmclaren

robinmclaren Read Only Funster

no axima

you may regret a axima as we looked at several and all were not what i classed as a good vehicle , the car is called a perouda nippa , check ebay or there is a dealer in weston, we have several vehicles inc , audi tt roadster, porsche s2, astra sxi, motorhome and works vehicles and i still get a smile with this little cheap nippa and can carry kayak on roof and 4 people with shopping
    whatever the car it should make you smile and be fun as they are all just toys

8. scotjimland

scotjimland Funster Life Member

Try Italian for 600 :Laughing:

As far as the Aixam is concerned never heard a good word, noisy and best avoided..

9. Snowbird

Snowbird Funster Life Member

My toad is a Fiat panda 1989 with 70000 on the clock,possible that 40000 were done on Aframe.Aframe is unbraked,funny part about it is no one gives it a second glance in Europe,cos thers loads of em running around here, but when am putting fuel in in UK people always say how did you stop it rusting.Loads a fun to drive,even drove it back from Benidorm to Manchester once.:BigGrin::BigGrin::BigGrin:.Once had a funtek as a towcar,I think they call it a pod or somthing now.Absolutly terrible thing to drive,but greet fun.Was so happy when somone offerd to buy it at one of the shows in UK:Rofl1::Rofl1:

10. jaygee

jaygee Funster

we are in France at the moment and the last town we stayed in (Loche) had a Citroen 2CV rally - well hubby loved them & wants to buy one to tow behind the van!
    He's been on about getting me a convertable for ages but I'll draw the line at that!!!!