Free Member
Feb 23, 2009
coventry , warwickshire
Funster No
MH
coachbuilt
Exp
20+ if you include vw campers and the like
just a update on our toad , we had a ford 55 plate ka on braked a frame that worked great but i hated the car with a vengance ( just found it no fun and dont they rust quick) , car sold to buyer who didnt want the a frame, we were about to convert our astra sxi but had concerns about damaging it behind motorhome , i spotted a perodua nippa with a a frame for £800 , viewed it laughed at it and took it home behind my works van, cracking car , 4 doors , 850cc 3 cylinder engine, room for 4 adults and 60 mpg ( we put in £20 when we go it and did 240 miles before refilling @ £20, anyone looking for a toad have a look at these as dirt cheap , loads of room compared to smarts , i figure body must be well protected as "r" reg and no rust at all, so light compared to our ka for towing and bags of fun and laughs
not a braked a frame this time but lets see how we go i dont want to start this debate again

scotjimland

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 25, 2007
Suffolk Coastal District, UK
Funster No
MH
Timberland
Nice one..

I don't see the point of paying ££££££££ for a toad to sit in the wake of an RV chucking rocks at it all day .. our Fiat Sincosumit does +50 mpg , came with a Car A Tow BRAKED :roflmto: A frame, all for the princely sum of £650 .. great little car and great fun to drive, reminds me of my first Mini back in '68 ..

Spent a couple of hundred this year, timing belt, shot radiator, couple of tyres and a full service.. but it's well worth it.. cheapo motoring .. happy days.

jim

Apr 18, 2009
Englishman in Mid Wales
Funster No
MH
Hymer B584, A Class
Exp
Not long enough!
While we are on the subject, anyone tried one of these????

Link Removed

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
robinmclaren

robinmclaren

Free Member
Feb 23, 2009
coventry , warwickshire
Funster No
MH
coachbuilt
Exp
20+ if you include vw campers and the like
no axima

you may regret a axima as we looked at several and all were not what i classed as a good vehicle , the car is called a perouda nippa , check ebay or there is a dealer in weston, we have several vehicles inc , audi tt roadster, porsche s2, astra sxi, motorhome and works vehicles and i still get a smile with this little cheap nippa and can carry kayak on roof and 4 people with shopping
whatever the car it should make you smile and be fun as they are all just toys

Snowbird

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 24, 2009
Liverpool.
Funster No
MH
Fifth wheel.
Exp
Since 11-05-2000
My toad is a Fiat panda 1989 with 70000 on the clock,possible that 40000 were done on Aframe.Aframe is unbraked,funny part about it is no one gives it a second glance in Europe,cos thers loads of em running around here, but when am putting fuel in in UK people always say how did you stop it rusting.Loads a fun to drive,even drove it back from Benidorm to Manchester once.::bigsmile:::bigsmile:::bigsmile:.Once had a funtek as a towcar,I think they call it a pod or somthing now.Absolutly terrible thing to drive,but greet fun.Was so happy when somone offerd to buy it at one of the shows in UK:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Mar 21, 2009
Harwich, Essex
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
4 years
we are in France at the moment and the last town we stayed in (Loche) had a Citroen 2CV rally - well hubby loved them & wants to buy one to tow behind the van!
He's been on about getting me a convertable for ages but I'll draw the line at that!!!!

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back