t'other end .........

Discussion in 'Motorhome Chat' started by stcyr, Jan 20, 2012.

1. stcyr

stcyr Funster

We don't seem to hear much about MHs up to say £10k on here - surely there must be a few?

:Smile:

2. Travelbug1

Travelbug1 Read Only Funster

I thought we have covered that with the Elderly German A class club lol! :Rofl1:

All 3 of us anyway, the rest are too new & posh to join!!

• Like Like x 2
  3. veevee

veevee Funster

Well, old MH's are sort of cuddley, because they are familiar, need help from time to time and are easily understandable when things go wrong.

• Like Like x 1
  4. Madmark62

Madmark62 Read Only Funster

We have a 25 year old van that has cost us £2600. I reckon we will have just as much fun as if we had paid £26000.
    I have noticed on here it seems to be nearly all retired/ semi retired ConDem voters and they have nice shiney vans. With the exception of a few obviously.

Now I reckon that will bring some more out of the woodwork with older vans.:Wink::Wink:

• Like Like x 7
  5. tofo

tofo Funster

Ours was £16000 4 years back
    Now it has a new engine £3000

Reupholstered £2300

Now it's worth £10000 if I find the right bidder

And I (wont afford out of principal )can't take it into London 12 ish miles from me

Joy o joy no it ain't for sale :thumb::thumb:

Last edited: Jan 20, 2012
    • Like Like x 1
  6. Loujess

Loujess Read Only Funster

Our's is 9-10 years old. Will that do? I wish it had cost us below £10,000 but by the time inflation has take it's toll ........ :BigGrin:
    Ivy

• Like Like x 1
  7. scotjimland

scotjimland Funster Life Member

I've got an old caravan .. does that count ?

and as already said, it will give me just as much, if not more pleasure than my RV gin palace .. certainly a lot cheaper to run :Laughing:

and correct... I don't vote condem

• Like Like x 3
  8. stcyr

stcyr Funster

:Rofl1:

9. scran

scran Read Only Funster

cheaper motorhomes

our son has his 1994 mohawk for sale it is very clean for year and nice inside M O T til August this yeart and it passed the Mot with flying colours he is selling it because they don t use it it lies on the driveway he s wants £9000 which is a good price for a very clean van

• Like Like x 1
  10. Reallyretired

Reallyretired Funster

My van was more than £10k and I may be very semi-retired but not a ConDem voter. In fact I don't recall any ConDem candidates in the last election, funny how they now seem to be the government - democracy in action :Laughing:

• Like Like x 2
  11. Travelbug1

Travelbug1 Read Only Funster

I'd like to be semi retired but sadly unless I win on the lottery it will be another 2o odd yrs for me :Wink:

• Like Like x 1
  12. Reallyretired

Reallyretired Funster

If you've two primary age children, in 20 years you'll still be a lot younger than me. Your time will come (if retirement still exists then)

• Like Like x 1
  13. stcyr

stcyr Funster

I was just thinking about the lists of problems/teething troubles/hassles with dealers etc. that we read about here and 'elsewhere' involving much higher priced and new/newer MHs ... and the fact that we bought the Globetrotter for way under £10k, have lived full-time & travelled in her for a year, nothing has fallen off/broken, no claims were made under the 6 month warranty, everything works (so far, touch wood :Laughing:) ... Only job that has needed doing was to adjust the rear brake-shoes due to the fact the handbrake had been adjusted by the cable too many times instead of by the adjusters - done free of charge with apologies.
    Also, been thinking of the old 608 which had covered 611.000kms when we parted company last year: she thought nothing of travelling to India and back then to Morocco etc. (suffering one blow-out and replacement of the centre propshaft bearing) - then, after 2 years of abuse, coming back to UK and passing the Mot without even an advisory. The next 2 Mots same except the last one where we were advised the rear number-plate would need replacing next time due to delamination (and she was under £3k)...

:Eek!:

• Like Like x 7
  14. stcyr

stcyr Funster

PS: we're both retired ... :RollEyes:

15. 1_man_and_his_dob(lo)

1_man_and_his_dob(lo) Funster

Oh dear, you've kind of used the bad swear word...

ConDem

I can just picture all the Funsters you've just insulted choking on their cups of tea as they read this, and making a right mess on their Maggie Thatcher drinks coasters. :Wink:

• Like Like x 4
  16. GJH

GJH Funster Life Member

When we were told, yesterday, that our van was being written off we decided that we wouldn't reject the idea of an older, cheaper, van if we saw one with the type of layout we want (accepting that any older van would most likely not have everything on our "essentials" list).

We visited the only four dealers we know of in Durham/Tyne & Wear today and there was simply nothing available in the older bracket. The closest was a V reg Laika which, at 17K, was well overpriced for its condition.

17. bigmillie

bigmillie Read Only Funster

Our old girl is 26 years old in March just clocked 100,000 miles , last outing was a 2000 mile trip to Switzerland and Germany November 2011, Cost me about 5k 5 years ago.
    Worth every penny :BigGrin:

• Like Like x 3
  18. normanandsue

normanandsue Funster

Hi there,
    Tell us just exactly what you want to hear. We have 1998 Autosleeper Ravenna that I have been offered £9000 for and although she has cost a bit in engine repairs now runs like a dream. Like many I have been impressed by the simplicity of my motorhome and wonder why so many people buy new and seem to have endless problems.

Perhaps we could start a group within Funsters for motorhomers whose mh predate a certain year of manufacture; though what it would achieve I am not sure.

Norman

19. icantremember

icantremember Funster

:cry::cry::cry::cry: but don't worry you will be surprised how quickly those 20years will pass

• Like Like x 1
  20. Popeye

Popeye Funster

I only sit and admire it, worship it even, I wouldn't dare put a cup of tea down on her..........

Wash your mouth out.........Griff
    :Rofl1:

• Like Like x 2