May

Rally Topsham Rugby Club 22 - 30 May 2023 (1 Viewer)

Janine

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
A little bit left of Middle England
Funster No
MH
2006 A/S Nuevo
Exp
since 1988
Police turned up after 40 minutes wandered around club house and went.
We thought the gate was locked as well and heard 3 or 4 loud bangs, and assumed it was the gate lock being broken?
Hopefully the noise was something else and this could have been the workmen leaving their cars their? Just seemed strange at 2:30, also travellers invaded here for the bank holiday 2 years ago, and they tend to live to a pattern.
Thank you for helping to keep us safe!

Jun 22, 2012
Sherborne Dorset
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
Since 2012
We thought the gate was locked as well and heard 3 or 4 loud bangs, and assumed it was the gate lock being broken?
Hopefully the noise was something else and this could have been the workmen leaving their cars their? Just seemed strange at 2:30, also travellers invaded here for the bank holiday 2 years ago, and they tend to live to a pattern.
Well done. I remember. They did a huge amount of damage to the pitch and the clubhouse.

Jan 30, 2020
Mid Bedfordshire
Funster No
MH
RS Endeavour
Exp
Just a tad..
Fishing all booked…

C7EA7087-EEA1-45EE-A98A-C43EEA9A2D15.png

OP
OP
petenshirley
Feb 28, 2013
Carterton, Oxfordshire
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Since 2012
Thank you Wh05apk
for following this through, we didnt hear anything. I put the electric bollards up at 2235 after the meeting in the clubhouse finished.

Apr 9, 2018
Worcestershire
Funster No
MH
Bailey Adamo 75-4t
Exp
March 2018

cliffanger

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 15, 2013
Saltford
Funster No
MH
Hymer A class
Exp
Since 2013
We cycled to Exeter Quay today. Parked the bikes up and had a wander, before cycling back up to The Turf for Cheesy chips.

IMG_9505.jpeg

On our way - anyone up for a project?
IMG_9502.jpeg

We stopped at Topsham ferry, and I was trying to point out Mr ‘Spoon’s house …
IMG_9509.jpeg

Which was fine until the ferryman saw my flailing arm and thought we were summoning him - he was half way across the river before we realised, so we turned the bikes round and beat a hasty retreat! :rofl:

We had a lovely afternoon chat with Dawn and Martin, before they went to meet friends, and we went to the bar for the quiz.

The infamous ‘Shirley’s Pointless Quiz’ was its usual quiet, sedate wander through the alphabet and Cities/Food/Gifts - carolyn played a blinder for us with ‘R’ by giving her children the gift of rabies vaccines :rofl:

Fortunately for us, no-one else had such adventurous children who went to far flung places on their Hollibobs!

For Harvey ….
IMG_9510.png

It comes out every month :rofl:

And, also for Harvey,
IMG_9511.png

Sung by COLDPLAY -not Chris Martin, COLDPLAY! :rofl:

The chocolate bar was lush - thank you very much :lips:

Well, another lovely day spent at Topsham - we’re all having a blast! IMG_9502.jpeg

cliffanger

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 15, 2013
Saltford
Funster No
MH
Hymer A class
Exp
Since 2013
Jan 30, 2020
Mid Bedfordshire
Funster No
MH
RS Endeavour
Exp
Just a tad..
Anyone offer any assistance with opening the barrier to the car park? The bollards are up! Is there a code or something?

Sep 3, 2012
Cheshire
Funster No
MH
C Class Elddis 175
Exp
8+ years
We had a trip down the river on the Stuart cruise boats ,a little cool this morning but an interesting trip, then a walk around Exmouth bumping into funsters falling out of the local weatherspoons. ( do they do breathalysers for bike riders? :rofl: )
A train trip back along the banks of the river, bumping into more funsters just outside the railway crossing. (y)

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Jan 30, 2020
Mid Bedfordshire
Funster No
MH
RS Endeavour
Exp
Just a tad..
The inaugural Topsham Mackerel Fishing Expedition starts @11.15 (sharp) tomorrow morning at the back of my Motorhome…

Geraldine (thanks Ger) and I will drive the lucky participants over to Exmouth Marina (see below for the departure point) MaidinDevon is taking three over there and meeting us at the boat.

The boat departs at 12.15 and it’s a two hour trip. The company is Exe Fishing (part of Stuart Line). It’s booked under my name Harvey Longden and is for nine of us. I would suggest sun cream and water is taken. It’s an open deck boat so you may need warmish clothing too.
823E0FB1-0980-4DF5-9952-0171338D564A.png

Ger - Pier Head car park looks a good option. 👍🏻

cliffanger

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 15, 2013
Saltford
Funster No
MH
Hymer A class
Exp
Since 2013
Well, what a glorious day it’s been here in sunny Devon!

I had my usual 36 minutes with Handsome Julio in my Quest, followed by breakfast, and then a cycle trip with the Mousy ‘s into Exmouth. It really is a lovely cycle ride from Topsham to Exmouth, passing by the Marines Training Camp at Lympstone where there’s always a chance of eyeing up the commandos making the obstacle course look easy!

We headed straight for a drink at Spoons, and met Jimbohorlicks Jim and Lynn on our way out - you can always be sure of meeting a fellow Funster in Spoons!

We couldn’t hang around as lunch was waiting at The Swan, Lympstone and very nice it was too! BLT with chips and salad - delicious!

We cycled back and chilled before a barby and another strumming session in the shelter - another perfect day!

Saturday tomorrow - fishing (for some), charity shops, coffee and cake (for me) two hours peace and quiet (for Cliff :rofl:) and more sunshine - life doesn’t get any better than this!

Wombles

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 28, 2013
SW England
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
A few years now
Another lovely, sunny beach day - took the scenic train trip to Dawlish & found a very good deli for lunch followed by a bit of a walk around the town with it's black swans then along to Dawlish Warren for the evening train trip back. Enjoyed the music from afar as we made a late dinner (y)

cliffanger

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 15, 2013
Saltford
Funster No
MH
Hymer A class
Exp
Since 2013
No fish for them, no charity buys, one cappuccino and a sausage roll for me, but a lovely morning was had by all, or nearly all, and even those who emerged from the trip ‘sans petit dejeuner’ were glad to have had the experience!

We had a really chilled afternoon sitting in the sunshine, before heading to The Passage House Inn for dinner.

It was packed with lots of revellers outside having a jolly time, apparently playing the game of who could transport a coin the furthest between their bum cheeks before dropping it into a glass - and there was I thinking Topsham was the new Salcombe! :rofl:

Not sure the pastel linen, collar up shirt and deck shoe brigade were very impressed, but Mousy Dawn couldn’t keep away from the window to follow the coin’s progress!

Fun and games tomorrow - Boules, Mölkky and Course d'oeufs et de cuillères - how European are we!

Still enjoying a wonderful rally at Topsham!

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back