May

Rally Topsham Rugby Club 22 - 30 May 2023 (1 Viewer)

Feb 19, 2018
EAST ANGLIA
Funster No
MH
Murvi Morello
Exp
Since 1975
Of all the rally sites we have visited, Topsham ranks with the best. Bus pass holders can jump on a bus to Exeter, Exmouth, Budliegh Salterton and explore the coastline at no expense. The bus stops right by the venue. Shops nearby.... far too many to list. Walk into Topsham, about 1/4 mile if that. Toilets and hot showers, what more could you ask.

For it not to clash with the Swaffham Bash perhaps? :giggle:

Jan 29, 2015
Devon
Funster No
MH
Frankia
Exp
I'd like to come please but just for 4-5 nights as I live locally, is this possible? Thanks Sally

Dec 31, 2010
Sunny South Shields
Funster No
MH
Frankia Platin i7900
Exp
Since 2010
Of all the rally sites we have visited, Topsham ranks with the best. Bus pass holders can jump on a bus to Exeter, Exmouth, Budliegh Salterton and explore the coastline at no expense. The bus stops right by the venue. Shops nearby.... far too many to list. Walk into Topsham, about 1/4 mile if that. Toilets and hot showers, what more could you ask.
Bump - would love to come to this but don't have a bus pass yet 😂

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Wombles

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 28, 2013
SW England
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
A few years now
Bump - would love to come to this but don't have a bus pass yet 😂
Us neither but do have Two Together Railcard & Topsham train station is a short walk away & excellent regular service to good locations (y)

Feb 19, 2018
EAST ANGLIA
Funster No
MH
Murvi Morello
Exp
Since 1975
We should be able to support two Rallies at either side of England and more than 250miles apart.
I agree but when rosalan asked, "what more could one ask for"? I replied on Post #31.

I would have liked to have supported both, at the moment, that's impossible, so I will visit & stay overnight at Topsham on the way back from my 10days in Dartmouth, just before travelling onto Norden Farm and Swaffham rallies. :giggle:

Jul 12, 2013
The City of Henlow
Funster No
MH
Adria Supreme
Exp
Since 1980
Sorry but I have either lost the info about how to pay or senility becoming established and I do not know where to pay' Help please! Alan

Jun 22, 2012
Sherborne Dorset
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
Since 2012
Sorry but I have either lost the info about how to pay or senility becoming established and I do not know where to pay' Help please! Alan
Go back into your PMs and all the bank details will be on a PM there. Obviously I can’t post them here!

Wombles

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 28, 2013
SW England
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
A few years now
It's on the Topsham Conversation PM as mentioned above - I've just added a post there so it should show as a message in your Inbox envelope in the top blue line now.

Nov 13, 2012
Somerset
Funster No
MH
coachbuilt
Exp
since 2000
Can you take us off the list please wife is waiting for hospital appointment but as the nhs seems to run very slow Iff not at all she hasn’t got a date yet and it now looks like it will clash with rally.

OP
OP
petenshirley
Feb 28, 2013
Carterton, Oxfordshire
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Since 2012
Can you take us off the list please wife is waiting for hospital appointment but as the nhs seems to run very slow Iff not at all she hasn’t got a date yet and it now looks like it will clash with rally.
Thank you for lettting us know. Hope everything goes well at the hospital.

Last edited:

Janine

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
A little bit left of Middle England
Funster No
MH
2006 A/S Nuevo
Exp
since 1988
We still have spaces at this years Topsham RFC Rally. We now have some flexibility in how many nights you can book for.
Cheers
Pete
Please may I come for 8 nights? 😀

Last edited:
Nov 7, 2022
Bovey Tracey, Devon, UK
Funster No
MH
Auto/Trail 700
Exp
Since 1980, tents, caravans, motor homes.
petenshirley added a new event:

Topsham Rugby Club 22 - 30 May 2023

TOPSHAM RUGBY CLUB,
EXETER ROAD, TOPSHAM, EXETER, DEVON. EX3 0LY

Arr. MONDAY 22nd MAY Dep. TUESDAY 30th MAY 2023

Shirley and I have been invited by Derek and Mary to host the rally this year. Therefore we have great pleasure in inviting all subscribing Funsters to a Rally at Topsham Rugby Club, Topsham, nr Exeter.

Come the day of Booking all you have to do is post “I’d like to come” and, if you’re in the first 38 Funsters, you’re in.

This is in order to give every Funster the chance to see this and discuss the event with their mates

Bookings accepted from 1900 on 16 Jan 23

The Rugby Club have a Licensed Bar which we are hoping to use.
Bus Stop outside the door that will take you to Exeter, (and beyond) and in the other direction, Exmouth and even Sidmouth.
A railway station, again taking you to Exeter (and beyond) and Exmouth.
A network of cycle paths on both sides of the River Exe.
An Aldi within walking distance, <(½ mile)

This is but a small selection of, ‘Things to do’

Topsham, we understand, has 5 pubs and several eateries. Good walking country including a riverside walk to Exmouth.
Topsham Quay Antique Centre, (A large wharf warehouse crammed with antiques. As seen on TV)
River cruises
Darts Farm Shop, (There are Farm Shops, and then there is Darts Farm.) Look it up.
Exeter
Exmouth

Location; Topsham Rugby Club, Exeter Road, Topsham, Exeter, Devon, EX3 0LY
Co-ords; N50.688829 W3.47077
What3Words; ///joke.adults.inch

The event starts at 12 noon on Monday 22nd May 2023 and finishes 11.00am on Tuesday 30th May 2023.

This is an eight night event. The RFC have increased their fees to £12.50 which we have rounded up to £13.00, to cover a social evening and incidentals. The cost of attending is therefore £104 per unit.
Bookings will be accepted from Funsters on back to back meets, pro rata.
Please note. There is no EHU where we are pitched, however, there are facilities to charge batteries on site.

Topsham is a very old, ‘quaint’ town sitting on the banks of the River Exe estuary.
Access; The Club has a gated entry which we will lock at night. (Pedestrian access is still allowed).

Toads. There is a separate tarmac Car Park for these.

Dogs; Dogs will be allowed, although prohibited on the actual Rugby pitches. They can be exercised around the margins and should be kept on leads at all times.

Generators; Generators are allowed. If you intend to use them please advise us when booking. You will be sited separately and they can only be used in “Social Hours”

Deposit. When you get on the List, I will send all attendees a Conversation advising as to where the £10.00 deposit should be sent and asking for unit details.

FULL PAYMENT IS DUE ON (OR BEFORE) 1ST APRIL 2023

N.B. We appreciate that in a small number of cases there may be Funsters who have to cancel. The Final Payment will be repaid if that place is filled by someone on the Reserve List? Otherwise £10 will be forfeited and that money will go to Charity.
Gazebos (Pop up Quests) will be allowed.

An organised social evening is in the planning.
We will be having a raffle, again for the benefit of charity.

PLEASE NOTE

THIRD PARTY BOOKINGS
I will not be accepting bookings from 'Third Parties' on this event. If you wish to attend with a mate, you will both, (or more) have to book in your own name.

Regards

Pete

ATTENDEES

1. Broken Link Removed Pete and Shirley - Paid
  2. Broken Link Removed Lee and Brian - Paid
  3. Wombles Paid
  4. Carpmart Paid
  5. Jimbohorlicks Paid
  6. Mousy Paid
  7. Wh05apk Paid
  8. carolyn Paid
  9. MaidinDevon Paid

10. cliffanger Paid
  11. SandS Paid
  12. Barti Ddu Paid
  13. rosalan Paid
  14. posset girlPaid
  15. Janine Paid

16. Dorwyn Deposit

Read more about this event...
petenshirley added a new event:

Topsham Rugby Club 22 - 30 May 2023

TOPSHAM RUGBY CLUB,
EXETER ROAD, TOPSHAM, EXETER, DEVON. EX3 0LY

Arr. MONDAY 22nd MAY Dep. TUESDAY 30th MAY 2023

Shirley and I have been invited by Derek and Mary to host the rally this year. Therefore we have great pleasure in inviting all subscribing Funsters to a Rally at Topsham Rugby Club, Topsham, nr Exeter.

Come the day of Booking all you have to do is post “I’d like to come” and, if you’re in the first 38 Funsters, you’re in.

This is in order to give every Funster the chance to see this and discuss the event with their mates

Bookings accepted from 1900 on 16 Jan 23

The Rugby Club have a Licensed Bar which we are hoping to use.
Bus Stop outside the door that will take you to Exeter, (and beyond) and in the other direction, Exmouth and even Sidmouth.
A railway station, again taking you to Exeter (and beyond) and Exmouth.
A network of cycle paths on both sides of the River Exe.
An Aldi within walking distance, <(½ mile)

This is but a small selection of, ‘Things to do’

Topsham, we understand, has 5 pubs and several eateries. Good walking country including a riverside walk to Exmouth.
Topsham Quay Antique Centre, (A large wharf warehouse crammed with antiques. As seen on TV)
River cruises
Darts Farm Shop, (There are Farm Shops, and then there is Darts Farm.) Look it up.
Exeter
Exmouth

Location; Topsham Rugby Club, Exeter Road, Topsham, Exeter, Devon, EX3 0LY
Co-ords; N50.688829 W3.47077
What3Words; ///joke.adults.inch

The event starts at 12 noon on Monday 22nd May 2023 and finishes 11.00am on Tuesday 30th May 2023.

This is an eight night event. The RFC have increased their fees to £12.50 which we have rounded up to £13.00, to cover a social evening and incidentals. The cost of attending is therefore £104 per unit.
Bookings will be accepted from Funsters on back to back meets, pro rata.
Please note. There is no EHU where we are pitched, however, there are facilities to charge batteries on site.

Topsham is a very old, ‘quaint’ town sitting on the banks of the River Exe estuary.
Access; The Club has a gated entry which we will lock at night. (Pedestrian access is still allowed).

Toads. There is a separate tarmac Car Park for these.

Dogs; Dogs will be allowed, although prohibited on the actual Rugby pitches. They can be exercised around the margins and should be kept on leads at all times.

Generators; Generators are allowed. If you intend to use them please advise us when booking. You will be sited separately and they can only be used in “Social Hours”

Deposit. When you get on the List, I will send all attendees a Conversation advising as to where the £10.00 deposit should be sent and asking for unit details.

FULL PAYMENT IS DUE ON (OR BEFORE) 1ST APRIL 2023

N.B. We appreciate that in a small number of cases there may be Funsters who have to cancel. The Final Payment will be repaid if that place is filled by someone on the Reserve List? Otherwise £10 will be forfeited and that money will go to Charity.
Gazebos (Pop up Quests) will be allowed.

An organised social evening is in the planning.
We will be having a raffle, again for the benefit of charity.

PLEASE NOTE

THIRD PARTY BOOKINGS
I will not be accepting bookings from 'Third Parties' on this event. If you wish to attend with a mate, you will both, (or more) have to book in your own name.

Regards

Pete

ATTENDEES

1. Broken Link Removed Pete and Shirley - Paid
  2. Broken Link Removed Lee and Brian - Paid
  3. Wombles Paid
  4. Carpmart Paid
  5. Jimbohorlicks Paid
  6. Mousy Paid
  7. Wh05apk Paid
  8. carolyn Paid
  9. MaidinDevon Paid

10. cliffanger Paid
  11. SandS Paid
  12. Barti Ddu Paid
  13. rosalan Paid
  14. posset girlPaid
  15. Janine Paid

16. Dorwyn Deposit
Hello,if there is any space left ,I would love to come to meet fellow funsters,details of banking please,regards Rob. (Dilly-Dodd )
Read more about this event...

Emmit

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 14, 2009
Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Pilote Explorateur
Exp
Jan.2014
I'm making an unashamed 'Bump' for this rally.

The venue at Topsham Rugby Club is first class. There are toilets and showers that we can use. There are bar facilities readily available as well as cafes, restaurants and pubs in the town itself which is interesting in its own right.

Transport facilities are first class having bus and train services to the resort of Exmouth and the city of Exeter. There are deals to be had to even have a boat cruise to Exmouth and catch a train back.

There is the mother of farm shops nearby, (within walking distance) at Darts Farm. Where else can you buy a baking potato and a rayburn oven to bake it in? You can at Darts Farm.

You are assured of a warm welcome, especially if you've not been on a Fun Rally before.

Contact petenshirley to get your name down.

Jan 29, 2015
Devon
Funster No
MH
Frankia
Exp
Hi Pete
I haven't sold my van! Is there space for me please to join from Friday 26th until Tues 30th May. Fingers crossed

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back