Top Gear Top Caravanist cars on now..

Discussion in 'Motorhome Chat' started by Gromett, Jul 28, 2013.

1. Gromett

Gromett Funster

BBC2:Doh:

• Like Like x 2
  2. Gromett

Gromett Funster

Spot the FB pie?

3. haganap

haganap Funster Life Member

Excellent. Pmsl :thumb:

4. ROB1CHELSEA1

ROB1CHELSEA1 Funster

Brilliant had me in stitches:Rofl1::Rofl1:

5. simbadog

simbadog Funster

Very good in depth reporting I thought! :Wink:

6. Gromett

Gromett Funster

It's their attention to detail that impresses me most :Rofl1::Rofl1::Rofl1:

7. Carol

Carol Funster Life Member

you can see how thoroughly they do their research, :Rofl1:t the genuine bit was definitely James May laughing at The big daft one. still enjoy the show though, what did the guy from Areoswft look like. :Eeek:

• Like Like x 1
  8. Trevsplace

Trevsplace Read Only Funster

Top gear tonight

hilarious

9. ShiftZZ

ShiftZZ Funster Life Member

I found nothing funny at all; they bought stuff and threw it into the bin, nothing wrong with it at all. They then destroyed two caravans and its contents, damaged two cars.

Aerosmith plank, destroyed a car, he was 65 going on 12, very juvenile. :Blush:

The Hampster went to Italy to drive a £2M car. Which must have been flown into the UK to go around test circuit the result of which was binned because it’s not road legal. :Doh:

They even ‘admitted’ that there was nothing new (Porsche 911) in their show and their isn’t either, it’s the same stale same old juvenile rubbish.
    “They say his eyebrows are made of steel” etc.:Eeek:

They have destroyed a caravan in a previous series, the set it on fire and threw it off a cliff.
    Yep, it has its fans, yep it’s funded by the taxpayers, yes its crap, and yes it needs taking off the air and that smug look on the presenters faces wiped off, permanently.

Well past its sell by date.:thumb:

• Like Like x 7
  10. Jim

Jim Ringleader

Sounds brilliant, missed it yesterday, will iPlayer it this evening. Looking forward to it:BigGrin: One of the few shows that everyone in our house finds funny.

As an aside, why do people watch shows they don't like:Doh: Anything on the telly I don't like and its off or over, too many nice things to do that sit through something I'm not enjoying.

• Like Like x 8
  11. haganap

haganap Funster Life Member

Tis alright,

Shiftzz was doing research for his grumpy old man slot on another channel.

• Like Like x 1
  12. ShiftZZ

Not at all..
    How anyone can find two 'adult' men driving to B & Q filling up their trollies with brand new stuff, then taking it to the recycling centre and dumping it in a skip, that is NOT funny.

If anyone does, then please go to a B & Q spend £200 on goods, bring it to the next meet and I will take it to the tip for you, lets see how much you smile then. Better still add your laptop and mobile phone and that will make it hillarious. NOT. I bet not one funster will take up this offer.

The Lamborghini Sesto Elemento, they have only ever made 20 for track use only, so the relevance to the average UK TV Licence payer is NIL, it was only to fill in air time and fulfill these three morons over inflated ego's.

Aerosmith - Jeeze, a 65 yo who pretended to be Mick Jaggers brother so he could get his leg over. Besides "Walk This Way", very little spring to mind?

• Like Like x 2
  13. Geordies

Geordies Funster

Geet Dead Funny !!

Geordies

14. matamoros

matamoros Funster

Ex Rochdale now Tavira, S. Brittany & Europe
    Never watch it, an accidental few seconds is enough. Infantile, moronic humour??????

About as funny as a wet f***t

• Like Like x 4
  15. ShiftZZ

Richard Hammond of Top Gear discovers the joys of touring in a VW campervan

http://www.caravantimes.co.uk/news/motorhomes/volkswagen/richard-hammond-of-top-gear-discovers-the-joys-of-touring-in-a-vw-campervan-$21379920.htm

Hammond, who has penned two books about caravanning; A Short History of Caravanning and Richard Hammond's Caravan Confidential, has been more of a sympathiser to the Great British touring tradition than his colleagues, Jeremy Clarkson and James May.

16. busby

busby Funster

Seems you watched it all then.:Rofl1:

• Like Like x 2
  17. busby

busby Funster

Bet the crew retrieved all the goods from the tip.Its not real, its a program.:BigGrin:

• Like Like x 1
  18. ShiftZZ

I bet you are wrong, it would be unlawfull and against H & S.

19. manda3000gt

manda3000gt Funster

As I understand it the Top Gear brand is owned jointly between Clarkson the shows producer Andy Wilman (making them very wealthy but meaning the BBC don't have to pay them huge salaries) & the BBC so no tax payers money would be spent on the making of the show, the very popular world wide live shows + the magazines DVD's etc, Top Gear the tv show has been the BBC biggest selling export show in recent years generating millions in revenue that can be then spent on other shows for those that don't love Top Gear. If Clarkson is throwing anything away smashing it up or setting it on fire seems like its coming out of his own pocket, With regards to the latest HyperCar test I for one want to see it getting bounced of the rev limiter tyres shredding in clouds of smoke, we are never going to get a chance to try it for ourselves ( unless those 6 numbers pop up ) I don't want to know the boot size or mpg figures of the latest eurobox I can go to my local showroom for that
    TOP GEAR... Long may it live :thumb:

• Like Like x 6
  20. ShiftZZ

Not so, https://www.whatdotheyknow.com/requ...ch/html/3/RFI20081232 final response.pdf.html

The BBC makes the Prog not Clarkson. I think he 'co owns' Bedder 6 a company, responsible for exploiting the Top Gear brand. It was founded by presenter Jeremy Clarkson and executive producer Andy Wilman in October 2006.

So the BBC 'gave them' the rights to exploit TG overseas. He does not spend a single penny of his own money producing the prog.
    Therefore the stuff they threw in the skip was not their in the 1st place.

The BBC messed up in allowing Jeremy Clarkson and Andy Wilman the rights to anything, JC was and in a paid employee. Its called a BBC Cockup..