LIFE MEMBER
Jul 8, 2016
Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
Rapido 890F A Class
Exp
Since 2016, caravans before that, folding Caravan, tents before that
Just treated Daniel to this platform ladder Aldi Special Buy (so he can do his own valet next time). Due for delivery 5 June will report back if its decent.
All gone online now (n)

Apr 11, 2015
hull
Funster No
MH
Laika Ecovip 300
Exp
since 1988 with breaks until 2009
All gone online now (n)
If you get a good report on them, delivery is great, ordered the camp beds and selfinflatable mattresses, sent out day they arrived in store, delivered the next day, free postage.

Mr Chrysalis

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 8, 2016
Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
Rapido 890F A Class
Exp
Since 2016, caravans before that, folding Caravan, tents before that
If you get a good report on them, delivery is great, ordered the camp beds and selfinflatable mattresses, sent out day they arrived in store, delivered the next day, free postage.
Bought a few things from them online, always been good and quick. Missed these ladders though

JockandRita

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 2, 2007
Lincs/Cambs border
Funster No
MH
N+B Flair 8000i
Exp
Since May 05 (Ex Tuggers).
A spare 12Gb/12 month data Sim card for the MiFi.

A R300 Dash Cam

A 32Gb Micro SD card (for the Dash Cam)

2 x 3.25 Tonne Bow shackles, (to compliment a 6 x Tonne recovery strop).

Cheers,

Jock. :)

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Jun 22, 2014
Great Totham
Funster No
MH
PVC
Exp
Since 2015
2018-06-01_120911.jpg

Aug 22, 2017
Funster No
MH
Wildax Europa PVC
Exp
Since 2014 -- cycle-camper before that
I've been a bit busy for the past week or so, but finally managed to install the antenna a couple of days ago on the cab roof. I haven't been able to fully test it yet, as I am currently in a part of Norfolk where it is sometimes difficult to even get 2G -- and 4G is just a pipe-dream. However, first impressions are good -- where I am now the van is parked in trees and getting a good 3G signal from Three. In this exact location I could previously only get a 3G signal by taking the mifi to the second storey of a building and hanging it out of the window!

Well it's been a while but I am happy to report, after some proper on-the-road and in-the-field use, that it is working well, giving good 4G signal and speed both while on the move and static. It also greatly impoved the 3G signal in 3G-only areas.

I mounted it on the cab roof as that was easiest (needed a 20mm hole through the roof) and that location also meant a short cable run.
aerial.JPG

The Huawei E5577C mifi was light enough to just attach to the wall with two velcro dots.
mifi.JPG

It's powered here by a 12v to USB converter hard-wired into the 12v system (via an inline fuse). There was a convenient existing 12v socket below the cupboard, behind which the power connection could be made and the cable taken up the inside of the cupboard within convoluted tubing.
power.JPG

The aerial had leads about 2m long, so I decided to shorten them. That was the fiddliest thing: you need the fingers of a small child to work on those tiny crimp-on sma connectors!

Aug 22, 2017
Funster No
MH
Wildax Europa PVC
Exp
Since 2014 -- cycle-camper before that
Pigeon spikes to stop the incontinent pigeons from perching on the edge of the roof and crapping down the van sides and ruining the paintwork.

spiky.JPG

I've glued plastic-coated magnets to the strips of spikes to hold them to the roof. Will obviously remove spikes before travelling.

May 31, 2015
Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Ducato PVC
Exp
Getting Better
Pigeon spikes to stop the incontinent pigeons from perching on the edge of the roof and crapping down the van sides and ruining the paintwork.

View attachment 235116

I've glued plastic-coated magnets to the strips of spikes to hold them to the roof. Will obviously remove spikes before travelling.

That’ll be good for the immigrants at Calais too.......:D2

May 13, 2016
Funster No
MH
Elddis Accordo 105
Exp
eight years in theory, a newby in practice!!!
Might save you from pigeons but not these:LOL:

pig.png

May 7, 2017
Suffolk
Funster No
MH
2017 Chausson 718XLB 180
Exp
20 years
this week my wife bought for me

my new registration number & plates SC05 OUT for my 2005 autotrail scout

£255 direct from dvla inc transfer fee

hence the username change
I bought for me and the wife No. Plate AA-- CVA From DVLA
^ ^
Me-- The Wife

May 7, 2017
Suffolk
Funster No
MH
2017 Chausson 718XLB 180
Exp
20 years
Madmark you are correct!! but the HG wasn't the problem really it was the crack in the cylinder liner that was causing the problem. The head had been skimmed quite recently but the muppet that did the engine rebuild, either failed the recognise the fault or just ignored it and put it back together regardless. He also snapped one of the stretch bolts as well. Only recently bought the car and have to say it sounded sweet when it was started at the garage, its the first time and hopefully the last I have failed to pick up on a fault like that.

Still its getting there now just a couple of small scuffs to sort and hopefully it will be a sweet little motor. Nice bright red and has full Black leather interior.

A good Technician would always pressure test a Cylinder head for cracks once it's removed as quite often they are not visible to the naked eye

May 7, 2017
Suffolk
Funster No
MH
2017 Chausson 718XLB 180
Exp
20 years
A REAL bargain...

Was looking at fitting a Nature Pure system in the van.. Sort of blanched at the price so looked on fleabay

Found a complete system, fitted to a van for less than 6 months, complete with new spare filter cartridge, all as new.. Got is for £65 including postage

Felt a bit guilty really.. The seller had mis-spelt the name and the word filter (fillter ) so anyone looking for one would proly have missed it . I was the only bidder !

I have one great bit of kit ,but filter elements are around £85 to £90 I emailed General Ecology the owner of Nature Pure and said they were too expensive and trust the Americans to charge us Brits high prices , he answered that they were actually more expensive in the USA, and he said cannot comment on America as I am British !! Whoops.I

AnnK

Free Member
Jan 19, 2017
North West
Funster No
MH
Swift Sundance 580pr
Exp
Since 2016
Just treated Daniel to this platform ladder Aldi Special Buy (so he can do his own valet next time). Due for delivery 5 June will report back if its decent.

Reporting back, ladder arrived today (1 day late) but Daniel seems impressed (y)

Nicepix

Free Member
Mar 20, 2018
Charente, France
Funster No
MH
Burstner T-Star 695
This week I bought 30 metres of 27 x 27mm batons, a few brackets, nuts and bolts, a box of screws and with a few bits and pieces I already had I made this........

Rangement 1.jpg

Bottom deck for the table and chairs........

Rangement 2.jpg

........and top deck for the boxes of stuff we don't want cluttering up the habitation area.

It leaves plenty of room for both bikes and I can get the small chairs and table out without having to take the bikes out first.

icantremember

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 2, 2010
Near to Watton in Norfolk
Funster No
MH
Hymer T-SL668
Exp
since 2005
A Garmin DriveSmart LM50 sat nav for our toad ... the battery in my 14 year-old TomTom GO500 has finally died.:(

Yes, I know I could use my Android smartphone, but I still like a dedicated tool.

JockandRita

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 2, 2007
Lincs/Cambs border
Funster No
MH
N+B Flair 8000i
Exp
This week I bought................

I'll tell you when it arrives. ;)

Jan 11, 2010
Chester
Funster No
MH
Auto-trail
Exp
Well that`s our 13th year & still loving it.
Oh Dear spoilt myself again... this will match my W650 so I have a matching set...Tried to explain to Chris is a His and Hers thing but I think it fell on closed ears.
Chris is now scanning the holiday brochures so hey it could be a win win situation.
As long as I'm invited of course.

upload_2018-6-7_20-51-57.jpeg

JockandRita

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 2, 2007
Lincs/Cambs border
Funster No
MH
N+B Flair 8000i
Exp
Endless breeze x2
Bought one of those too Mick...........................but it won't get to us until 15th June, via a kindly Funster courier from Swansea. ;)

You have me in stitches Jock.:wink:
Ha Ha Brian. Have you been supping too much in that Market Inn? :LOL:

Cheers,

Jock. ;)

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread