LIFE MEMBER
Jul 8, 2016
Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
Rapido 890F A Class
Exp
Since 2016, caravans before that, folding Caravan, tents before that
Reporting back, ladder arrived today (1 day late) but Daniel seems impressed (y)
All sold out online, but I got one in the branch. Anyone used one yet?

Aug 27, 2009
Hertfordshire
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
40 years
Treated my lovely lady to another laptop, always good to have a spare around the house. Got a DEL it appears at first glance to be good value. 250 SSD full HD, 8th generation i5 processer touch screen that folds back into a tablet 8 gig RAM etc etc all for under 600 quid.

Last edited:
Oct 29, 2008
West Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
PVC
Exp
since 2008
Treated my lovely lady to another laptop, always good to have a spare around the house. Got a DEL it appears at first glance to be good value. 250 SSD full HD, 8th generation i5 processer touch screen that folds back into a tablet 8 gig RAM etc etc all for under 600 quid.

I got a similar machine just over a year ago, We use it as a tv in the van as well as a PC. Ours is a Lenovo. Got a good deal as the model had changed

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Aug 27, 2009
Hertfordshire
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
40 years
I got a similar machine just over a year ago, We use it as a tv in the van as well as a PC. Ours is a Lenovo. Got a good deal as the model had changed
Mine was a toss up between the DELL Lenovo and the Asus which are all excellent bits of kit for the price. They all act as good TVs too. Being a handbag enthusiast she spent nearly as much again on a labeled laptop bag..:eek::)

Oct 29, 2008
West Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
PVC
Exp
since 2008
Mine was a toss up between the DELL Lenovo and the Asus which are all excellent bits of kit for the price. They all act as good TVs too. Being a handbag enthusiast she spent nearly as much again on a labeled laptop bag..:eek::)

I went for the lenovo as it was the only one with i7 processor 8GB Ram and 256GB SSD in a 2 in 1, and it was under £600.

Aug 27, 2009
Hertfordshire
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
40 years
I went for the lenovo as it was the only one with i7 processor 8GB Ram and 256GB SSD in a 2 in 1, and it was under £600.
Ah but is it an 8th generation i7, makes all the difference you know..;)

Oct 29, 2008
West Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
PVC
Exp
since 2008

I went for the lenovo as it was the only one with i7 processor 8GB Ram and 256GB in a 2 in 1, and it was under £600.
Ah but is it an 8th generation i7, makes all the difference you know..;)
Its over a year old now and its still faster than I will ever need

Jaws

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 26, 2008
Thetford Norfolk
Funster No
MH
C class, Chieftain
Exp
since 2006 ( I think ! )
Bought a Lenovo last month.. Not best pleased.. Slower than my 7 year old Toshiba.. Mind you, it is probably down to the Windows 10 it is running ( and just how AWFUL is that.. change for change sake )
At the same time I bought a 7" Lenovo Andoid tablet, and am well pleased with that :)

Aug 27, 2009
Hertfordshire
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
40 years
Bought a Lenovo last month.. Not best pleased.. Slower than my 7 year old Toshiba.. Mind you, it is probably down to the Windows 10 it is running ( and just how AWFUL is that.. change for change sake )
At the same time I bought a 7" Lenovo Andoid tablet, and am well pleased with that :)
It can only get better:) I spent all day yesterday setting it up for her, this takes a time when you have to keep referencing Google for instructions. Anyway W10 is now all singing with her own selection of Tiles the MS office suite anti virus banking e-mails iTunes her games etc etc with a note book full of all passwords and usernames all now handed over..(y)

Langtoftlad

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 12, 2011
Langtoft, South Lincs
Funster No
MH
WildAx Aurora FB [PVC]
Exp
Since 2015
So far this week;
VED [down to £165 (y)], Safeguard renewal, Metatrak renewal, habitation check :whistle:...

For me, just bought the Galaxy S9+ phone :cool: :D2...

.jpg

My last two phones have been budget/mid range and haven't quite ticked all the boxes... my Moto G5S+ lasted only 8 months before annoying me beyond tolerance :rolleyes:.

This was expensive but justification comes in many directions ;)...
  • Bought an "International" version which saved over £200 on the UK version.
  • The camera function has, at least delayed, upgrading my proper cameras.
    The large high resolution screen has meant there's no need to replace my ageing obsolete Hudl2 tablet.
  • The processing power & operating system has stopped me shopping for either a new laptop or possibly a chromebook.
So by my reckoning/logic, it's saved me £££'s :LOL:

Will now spend hours on YouTube learning how to work the flippin' thing :rolleyes:

scousebird

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 18, 2012
South East Kent
Funster No
MH
Bailey
Exp
March 2012
So far this week;
VED [down to £165 (y)], Safeguard renewal, Metatrak renewal, habitation check :whistle:...

.jpg

My last two phones have been budget/mid range and haven't quite ticked all the boxes... my Moto G5S+ lasted only 8 months before annoying me beyond tolerance :rolleyes:.

The large high resolution screen has meant there's no need to replace my ageing obsolete Hudl2 tablet.
  • The processing power & operating system has stopped me shopping for either a new laptop or possibly a chromebook.

Will now spend hours on YouTube learning how to work the flippin' thing :rolleyes:
I have an S8 and I love it. Had an S6 before this and loved that too.

JockandRita

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 2, 2007
Lincs/Cambs border
Funster No
MH
N+B Flair 8000i
Exp
Since May 05 (Ex Tuggers).
This week I bought................

I'll tell you when it arrives. ;)
It arrived safely via DPD. (y)

upload_2018-6-8_14-3-17.png

Although it says Grade A Refurbished, there isn't a mark, blemish, or a fingerprint on either the laptop, or it's power unit. It is slightly lighter than the 9 x year old HP Compaq 615, and doesn't feel as robust. Time will tell though. ;)

Broken Link Removed

This week Rita bought................

She'll let me tell you when it arrives. ;)
It too has arrived safely via DPD Local, which pulled in as the first van was leaving. :LOL: Great service and accurate timings. (y)

upload_2018-6-8_14-10-45.png

Cheers,

Jock. & Rita. :)

Jands

Free Member
Oct 12, 2016
Funster No
Well less than 3 months till I get my M/H so thinking about the initial thins I need for the "Shakedown" 2 nights before moving down to Vanbitz for the alarm.
Got most things used for camping but thought I would splash out today, as knowing my luck would run out when I did decide to buy.
Today ordered
25m artic 16A 2.5mm hookup lead.
UK and Euro adaptor leads
15m food grade hose
5m push on hose
lockable cable attached safe box
3 bags to put the lead and hoses in
Milenco Quattro ramp
Big gas spanner
Couple of spirit levels

Ordered from Big White Box company in MK and Mad4tools as they were the cheapest.

Now think I have the basics together as a start.
Just need the Van !!!!

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 1996, had Elddis/Swift/Rapido/Rimor/Chausson MHs. Autocruise/Globecar PVCs/Compactline i-138
@Jands ... I hate to say this but sometimes new MHs come with hook-up leads :rolleyes: ... and as for 2 spirit levels ... do you have 'levelling fettish'? :X3:

Jands

Free Member
Oct 12, 2016
Funster No
I asked the dealer if if came with anything as standard like leads or hoses.
It doesn't, they sell a starter kit at a good price but would rather choose what I wanted, like arctic hook up lead etc.
Ok pair of level ramps I hope lol
Also know I will misslay the spirit level if I get only one.
Like all cheap light essentials, will get 2 bottle openers too.

Apr 11, 2015
hull
Funster No
MH
Laika Ecovip 300
Exp
since 1988 with breaks until 2009
Don't really need a spirit level, check wate in sink or fridge door. If our door stays open we are ok. J however uses the spirit level free many years ago with MMM.

Aug 27, 2009
Hertfordshire
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
40 years
So far this week;

.jpg

All sounds very convincing and the S9 is a great phone, no idea what the international version is or does but for two hundred pounds it sounds like a worthwhile choice.(y)
Now onward and upward, the Samsung Note 9 is due for release in the next couple of months followed closely by the S10;) we will never halt progress so we just have to take the plunge and get the best deal we can. Enjoy your new S9 it is a great phone with a supper camera.....(y)

Aug 18, 2011
derbys
Funster No
MH
AUTOSLEEPER SYMBOL
Exp
since 2007.Tugger before since 1970
Finlux 22 ins TV/DVD,,,,from Amazon,,BUSBY,,,

Nicepix

Free Member
Mar 20, 2018
Charente, France
Funster No
MH
Burstner T-Star 695
Don't really need a spirit level, check wate in sink or fridge door. If our door stays open we are ok. J however uses the spirit level free many years ago with MMM.

Similar principle; Pull up, wife makes me a cup of tea and if the tea stays in the cup on the table we are OK (y)

Allanm

Free Member
Jun 30, 2013
Cotes d'armor, France
Funster No
MH
Burstner Harmony TI 736 G
Exp
Since 1987
An axe.

One of my hobbies is green woodworking ( making spoons, bowls and anything else out of newly cut timber) and I needed a new axe. This one, forged in Sweden, is as sharp as a razor, in fact, it will slice a sheet of paper and shave the hairs off your arm
Mind you, it cost a bl**dy fortune

May 7, 2017
Suffolk
Funster No
MH
2017 Chausson 718XLB 180
Exp
20 years
Bought for my wifes birthday Saturday by my Son .
A 1x Terabyte or (10 gigabytes) Hard Disc Drive , ( my son has put on 260 films of mine and his that we share) that should last us years ! Plus loads of Music he has put on there.
Plus a Vortex D Mini HD and Digital Audio Player. and some leads which all adds up to I can empty the few DVD's I have in the M/H. With all this I am struggling to get my head around all this Technology. Because I have asked ask my son several times how all this works I have my rollicksons (or Similar word) than I can remember!!

OP
OP
Techno

Techno

LIFE MEMBER
Deceased RIP
Jul 28, 2010
Leeds the one up North
Funster No
MH
Rapido 7090F 3 litre 160
Exp
May 2010
Just this minute bought the Nikon 5300 kit for £395 as my old D90 is fubar’d
If you google that it is way below shop and review price
Wifey has booked a hotel for Southport airshow

Jul 5, 2013
Tunbridge Wells, Tunbridge Wells, UK
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Since 2013
Just bought a new Nilfisk Pressure Washer. My existing one is a Nilfisk, so have lots of accessories to fit. It has started playing up and constantly reving up and then slowing down when the trigger is not pulled. Methinks it will pack up altogether soon. I have had it a good few years now so it doesn't owe me anything and my son can have it to use until it goes pop.

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 1996, had Elddis/Swift/Rapido/Rimor/Chausson MHs. Autocruise/Globecar PVCs/Compactline i-138
Got my lovely lady a new watch cos that's the sort of bloke I am...;):)
... you mean it's your subtle way of telling her she's always late .... :rolleyes::D

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back