The New Motorhome Travel Journal is open (1 Viewer)

suavecarve

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 18, 2009
Surrey/Hants
Funster No
MH
Rollerteam 685
Exp
July 09
Thank you. I didn't want to start a trial journal and not be able to delete it. I found your journal interesting. My son and I stayed on the Bergues Aire in 2021 on our way back from the Spa GP. It was nearly deserted, as was the town.
Literally just added another page for "cycling through the trees"

Oct 2, 2014
West Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
Rapido 866f
Exp
Since 2014
When touring I tend to post on Facebook so that friends and family have some idea of where we are and what we are up to.
Would I be able to link from Fb to a journal page of my own for the trip, so that those f+ f could if they so wished see more photos, details and maps. I appreciate there are probably rules and commercial considerations for both Fb and this forum that might stop that or limit what can be seen.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
Jim

Jim

Ringleader
Jul 19, 2007
Sutton on Sea, UK
Funster No
MH
Adria Panel Van.
Exp
Since 1988
When touring I tend to post on Facebook so that friends and family have some idea of where we are and what we are up to.
Would I be able to link from Fb to a journal page of my own for the trip, so that those f+ f could if they so wished see more photos, details and maps. I appreciate there are probably rules and commercial considerations for both Fb and this forum that might stop that or limit what can be seen.

In each journal there is a link you'll be able to share so family and friends can follow your adventures.

Oct 2, 2014
West Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
Rapido 866f
Exp
Since 2014
You can also share your journal posts with facebook with just two clicks (y)
I hadn’t thought of it that way round, more likely to keep up with a journal each day. Thanks. Just need to go somewhere this month now and try it out.

Oct 8, 2014
Wiltshire
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Excel 600B
Exp
Previous VW Camper + Caravan
Is this what youre looking for ?

View attachment 712058

suavecarve I've tagged you, as you seem to have the most success when posting Journals. :giggle:

I've just created a Test Journal with 2 Journal Entries

I made it Private but when I view the Journal List they appear in the list of UK Tours.

I also don't see the Delete Journal option in the drop down list. Do you think that is because I haven't made it public?

Are my Journals visible to the forum? (anyone?)

Thanks, John.

suavecarve

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 18, 2009
Surrey/Hants
Funster No
MH
Rollerteam 685
Exp
July 09
suavecarve I've tagged you, as you seem to have the most success when posting Journals. :giggle:

I've just created a Test Journal with 2 Journal Entries

I made it Private but when I view the Journal List they appear in the list of UK Tours.

I also don't see the Delete Journal option in the drop down list. Do you think that is because I haven't made it public?

Are my Journals visible to the forum? (anyone?)

Thanks, John.
My understanding is all the time they are private it doesn't matter what category they are in as nobody can see them. No ody can see yours. Or I can't !
I LL take a look later and see if I can change one of mine from public to private.

Good luck

suavecarve

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 18, 2009
Surrey/Hants
Funster No
MH
Rollerteam 685
Exp
July 09
In fact I just looked and it is the proverbial piece of wee wee if public.

I can change category or delete it and a few other things that look too clever for me !

Oct 8, 2014
Wiltshire
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Excel 600B
Exp
In fact I just looked and it is the proverbial piece of wee wee if public.

I can change category or delete it and a few other things that look too clever for me !
Thank you. So if I want to delete my Test Journal, I need to just publish it, and then the delete option will be available.

OP
OP
Jim

Jim

Ringleader
Jul 19, 2007
Sutton on Sea, UK
Funster No
MH
Adria Panel Van.
Exp
Since 1988
There are quite a few private journals in there now, shame only I can see them. I'm sure as the season get's going we'll get some public entries.

suavecarve

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 18, 2009
Surrey/Hants
Funster No
MH
Rollerteam 685
Exp
July 09
Thank you. So if I want to delete my Test Journal, I need to just publish it, and then the delete option will be available.
That's what I would be doing in your position.
Or you can just leave it as is and keep testing

suavecarve

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 18, 2009
Surrey/Hants
Funster No
MH
Rollerteam 685
Exp
July 09
There are quite a few private journals in there now, shame only I can see them. I'm sure as the season get's going we'll get some public entries.
I LL either add to Bergues journal in a fortnight or create another new one covering some Belgian cycling (and beer)

Oct 8, 2014
Wiltshire
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Excel 600B
Exp
Hi Jim How do I make a Private journal Public? I can't see any options to do it.

Oct 8, 2014
Wiltshire
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Excel 600B
Exp
I don't know what's going on, but I'm not having much luck with Publishing a Journal. I've created a "Test Journal" just to play with, but now want to delete it. It seems that to delete a Journal, I have to Publish it first, but I can't find any way to turn my Private Journal into a Published Journal.

Can anyone help?

suavecarve

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 18, 2009
Surrey/Hants
Funster No
MH
Rollerteam 685
Exp
July 09
I don't know what's going on, but I'm not having much luck with Publishing a Journal. I've created a "Test Journal" just to play with, but now want to delete it. It seems that to delete a Journal, I have to Publish it first, but I can't find any way to turn my Private Journal into a Published Journal.

Can anyone help?
Try going into the private journal and then on my phone I have 3 dots on the left hand side which give some options.

Kannon Fodda

LIFE MEMBER
Feb 26, 2019
Seek and Ye May Find
Funster No
MH
Autotrail V-line 540
Exp
I Make Schoolboy Errors!
To give this a bit of a bump, I'm starting to experiment with Journals as I travel the island of Guinness.

A couple of issues or suggestions so far:

Category. Is a trip including Northern and Southern Ireland, UK or Continental?

Photos are essential. Is there a means to title them or at least give them ALT tags?

Mapping. I'm likely to journal a day's movement rather than a location per journal. Can I map link more than one location per journal.

Journal. Slightly confusing, unless I've misunderstood, but you create a Journal for overall categorisation, which becomes the Journal Details, effectively the cover. Then there are Journal Entries which are the individual posts. Hoping there are some lengthy editing time permissions as particularly the Journal Details and it's photo may alter as the whole thing evolves.

Dec 31, 2010
Sunny South Shields
Funster No
MH
Frankia Platin i7900
Exp
Since 2010
Anybody know away of turning the the red notification off when a new journal comes available off not really of any interest to me but a pain to keep marking a read

suavecarve

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 18, 2009
Surrey/Hants
Funster No
MH
Rollerteam 685
Exp
July 09
Mapping. I'm likely to journal a day's movement rather than a location per journal. Can I map link more than one location per journal.
That would be helpful as most days we are cycling a to b and seeing c en route.
I was tempted by the 3 entries for a b and c but have thought better of it til now.

Jim might create an Ireland choice for you but you wouldn't be wrong with either !

Shed loads of time to edit. I intend to edit my previous "in the run" journals when I get back so there is at least a month since my last one.
Photos are essential. Is there a means to title them or at least give them ALT tags?
Take a look at InvictaMoto current journal where she spends more time neatly presenting it between photos. Tad more time consuming for me on a phone and that's what I LL tidy up later.

Great start to your journal đź‘Ť

suavecarve

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 18, 2009
Surrey/Hants
Funster No
MH
Rollerteam 685
Exp
July 09
Just for info this is what the current continental map looks like and you can click on any of the entries taking you to the write up
Screenshot_2023-06-14-22-44-52-45_40deb401b9ffe8e1df2f1cc5ba480b12.jpg

Kannon Fodda

LIFE MEMBER
Feb 26, 2019
Seek and Ye May Find
Funster No
MH
Autotrail V-line 540
Exp
I Make Schoolboy Errors!
Ah ha its possible to move the individual journal entries into different categories. So as Northern Ireland is UK they are in there. But when I get to Southern Ireland perhaps they become continental Europe as not UK.

Discussion. Can't see any flag to enable or disable. Somehow yesterday's efforts don't enable any comments but I think today's does. No idea how or why apart from today was first saved as a draft.

suavecarve

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 18, 2009
Surrey/Hants
Funster No
MH
Rollerteam 685
Exp
July 09
Ah ha its possible to move the individual journal entries into different categories. So as Northern Ireland is UK they are in there. But when I get to Southern Ireland perhaps they become continental Europe as not UK.

Discussion. Can't see any flag to enable or disable. Somehow yesterday's efforts don't enable any comments but I think today's does. No idea how or why apart from today was first saved as a draft.
I noticed that as well
No idea what you or I did differently hence I created the "Throunal" because people wanted the interaction.
Slightly less than diddly squat on there at the moment

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back