The Dub-Box .. I like this !

Discussion in 'Motorhome Chat' started by scotjimland, Mar 4, 2012.

1. scotjimland

scotjimland Funster Life Member

2. DESCO

DESCO Read Only Funster

What a great idea, shame it wasn't around when there were more Duds about

• Like Like x 1
  3. vwalan

vwalan Funster

hi . it kind of was . folk used to convert real vans etc into trailers . you could very often see them at the vw shows . splitties -bay windows . even the t25 square ones . was a cheap do then . not now though with the price it all fetches .
    neat that its now been done in fibre glass though .i can see scot jim reliving his youth with an early split and one of them behind . ha ha .
    what you need jim is to make your own teardrop. i have a devon made teardrop pod i have had for twenty years . its about 30 yr old all together . great for that quick sneak off somewhere .here,s a couple with the bongo -rooftent and the pod trailer.
    sounds daft but this lot isnt that much shorter than my truck n trailer about 4-5ft thats all.

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 1
  4. Forestboy

Forestboy Funster Life Member

My aunty and uncle have been fulltimers for 20 years and have travelled all over europe and most of that has been in a little Eriba. They have a larger hand built caravan at the moment but are talkinng about going back to an Eriba, they reckon it was the best van they ever owned.

• Like Like x 1
  5. motor roamin

motor roamin Funster

I saw one of these ar a show some where they do look good, but then again I like things that are different even if not my taste.

All the best Rick

• Like Like x 1
  6. Reallyretired

Reallyretired Funster

If I was towing something behind a van that had no toilet, i would rather there was one in the trailer. I guess it's down to my age :Smile:

7. scotjimland

The Dubs I've owned had a Thetford portaloo .. but not much privacy .. :Wink:

on site I put up a toilet tent.. still do if camping.

8. Terry

Terry Funster

Only ever owned 1 dub camper back in the late 70s- Hated the slow thirsty slug then and never liked them since.Probably why I never got into m/hs or caravans until 2000:BigGrin:Used it to travel 120 mls round trip to work every day for 8 weeks-put 20 mins EW on travel time and almost doubled my fuel bill :Doh: Best days work was when I sold it to a couple who came here from NZ for 6 mths travelling/touring-£500 profit :Wink: :thumb: Never found out how they got on but they were welcome to it :Wink:-Does not look a lot of anything in it for 13k plus so it's a deffo no for me :BigGrin:
    terry

9. scotjimland

well, as a self builder I didn't think you'd be impressed .. :Wink:

I agree it is a lot, but take off 20% VAT .. starts to look reasonable.. and bear in mind, a 12ft matchwood built caravan will set you back more..

Eriba caravans are a lot more expensive .. your outa touch Terry :Laughing:

10. Terry

Terry Funster

Never fancied a caravan Jim :BigGrin: Any way 13k would buy a proper caravan that would have a shower/loo that you could stand up in ? wouldn't it ? Prob not as cool to look at but a lot more practical :Wink:
    terry

11. vwalan

vwalan Funster

hi terry so you missed out on the 2.1 fuel injected vw t25 capable of nearly 120mph and returning about 24-26 to the gallon. mine used to go to holland and back in less than 24 hrs from cornwall. swop drivers of course and return loaded with vw parts . was the fastest of its class at the time . you have lived a sheltered life .hee hee .
    mind i remember going around italy in brand new early 60,s vw,s with family corrupted me for ever. never had a normal life ever from then on. far better than a bedford ca .or a commer . commer kept boiling over in switzerland . horrible vehicle . only had 13 of us in it loaded to the ginnalls . ha ha .

12. Terry

Terry Funster

Hi Alan mine was a 1600 cc air cooled job-about 65 flat out and sub 20 to the gallon (the way I drove it-flat out )bag of s--t ---very impressed with the new vw vans :thumb:
    terry

13. vwalan

vwalan Funster

hi terry i built a 1600cc with limited slip diff took it around africa . slowly but what a good van just about go any where. space was its only trouble . one day we shall meet and i can show pics . but it went back twice more . but not quick. have a good one .