TFI Friday

Discussion in 'Motorhome Chat' started by Jim, Feb 25, 2011.

1. Jim

Jim Ringleader

Where are you going this weekend then? Anywhere nice?

I will be at home, big rugby day tomorrow, have a few beers, watch the game, go to bed early; then wake up at about midnight for 6 hours work as I am moving motorhomefun to a bigger, better, faster server. If all goes well, come Sunday you won't notice a thing, if its like last time, I won't be getting any sleep till Monday and you'lll notice loads:BigGrin:

What are you doing the weekend?

2. Munchie

Munchie Funster Life Member

Off with Alan and Lynda (Laneside) for 4 days each to

Cropton, Whitby and Scarborough. :thumb:

3. Dodgey

Dodgey Funster

Blackmore (Malvern) C&CC site, off lunchtime today back for Monday lunch(work:cry:)

Tonight, Pub and fillet steak dinner, Saturday chill out and if the weathers OK barbi and replace the backend of the exhaust, little hole and MOT soon, then Sunday down the Pub (again) for Sunday roast, mmmmmmmm

Probably have a couple of shandies in the pub too:Rofl1::Rofl1:

4. Red Sonja

Red Sonja Funster

We are off with Bob and Jane and the Only Sue to Nacton in Ipswich.

Hopefully for a relaxing weekend. (Although Im sure Kevin will sneek the Rugby in)

Enjoy The weekend all.

On an aside Kevin and I (The Royal We) only realised in the evening yesterday that it was our wedding anniversary and we had managed 32 years.

Kevin is still hoping for an early Parole :Rofl1::Rofl1:

Sonja

5. Pat4Neil

Pat4Neil Read Only Funster

Were not going away this weekend :cry:

But we are going to a Wedding today and this evening:BigGrin:
    It gonna be a great event has we are very fond of the couple getting married.
    Our daugther and the girl have grown up together and its the first big wedding in our street. It nice to have something positive and happy happening.

Then tomorrow Neil has to haul himself and me out of bed for the motorhome MOT, hope thats a positive experience as well.

Sunday he is going to fit me a tv bracket and tv into the motorhome too.
    (so sometimes it is nice to stay at home to get the jobs done, long as its not to often).

For everyone that is going away have a great weekend, and those who are not still have a great weekend.

Pat

6. laneside

laneside Funster

Yipeee:thumb::thumb:

7. whingyraindrop

whingyraindrop Funster

I am off to Blackmore (Malvern) too, until Wednesday. Hopefully to do lots of hill walking with Monty the Jack Russell. never been there before. Another priority is to find a pub showing the Rugby, anyone know of one preferably within walking distance of the site?

Lorraine

8. Dodgey

Dodgey Funster

C&CC or CC or elsewhere?

Anyway, The Swan at Hannley Swan about a mile flat walk from C&CC/CC will likely have the Rugby on, we're not fussed frankley but last time we we're down on went the telly, can't remember who played, and we ended up watching chatting, just us, the landlord and lady and a couple of others, it was nice:thumb:

Good food and beer too:thumb:

9. TDH

TDH Funster

Off to the show tomorrow - still not decided whether to take The Rosabella for a spin to Birmingham.

Then on Sunday it looks like I'm going to be working. OFSTED inspectors arrive on Monday - we're not a school but we provide learning to about 2000 people studying a really wide range of subjects - and I've got to make sure all the bells and whistles are clanging and hooting!

10. Tkly

Tkly Funster

Staying at home doing a rebuild/modification of van interior aquired 3 seat for the back last week so doing away with the box seat for somthing mare comfy.:thumb: Might take some time out for rugby .

11. lorger

lorger Funster

Not going away just a quiet weekend for me, having a rest just now as in the middle of putting lowered celling in b/room. Then off to night shift at 7 home tomorrow at 7am then plasterer coming at 10 so need to get up to help him. Then its time to change the shower then back to work at 7pm for another 12 hours.
    Sunday morning take the remaining tiles off around shower ready for tiling in the afternoon aprt from that it will be a relaxing weekend:Rofl1::Rofl1:

Hope you all have a nice one

12. Jaygee32

Jaygee32 Read Only Funster

We've both succumbed to the flu, so wont be going anywhere. HOPE the rugby will make us feel better. Can Chris do it again? To all going away have a nice break.:thumb:

13. trophychap

trophychap Funster

Hee hee - our elec shower packed up earlier this week, Pete was in it complete with shampoo on head etc LOL We have had it 12 years, not bad I thought?So went and bought a new one. He went to fit it and obviouly tried to turn the water off first only to find the bathroom stopcock (we have 2, the kitchen has its own and that isn't stuck LOL) was jammed open and bust!

So then we had to borrow a key for the thingy under the drive to turn it off there and buy a new stopcock. The old one was inaccessible to work on because some bright spark before we owned the house had boxed all the piping either side of it, in. And tiled the false wall ...... when he eventually could get to it properly he had to cut out a piece of pipe and replace it as he couldn't budge the fittings - and fit the new stopcock. That little lot took nearly all day plus just about 45 mins all in to actually remove the old and fit the new shower!!!

That was just as well; he'd been sweating profusely all day ....... :Rofl1:

So he's gone to work now for a nice rest!!

Jenny

14. yodeli

yodeli Funster Life Member

Working day AND night :cry::cry::cry:what a question Jim!!!! :RollEyes::Laughing:

But i'll manage to have a private session of Feldenkrais (google it!)when coming back of a whole night caring an old lady (87) alzheimer, then while i'll be looking after the stadium from my office,i'll be giving an english lesson (at 2.00pm that is) then at 4.00 once the football match is over at the stadium, i'll have an hour aquagym followed by 30mns aquabiking at the swimming pool. Then at 8;00pm caring again the old lady for another night. Then in the morning off for a ten kms walk with other walkers. I might have a little rest before the afternoon football match at the stadium ! AND will be praying jim that you change server without a prob cause i will need a bit of chat after that exausting week end :Laughing::Laughing::Laughing:

Amicalement

Frankie:BigGrin::BigGrin::Wink:

15. JJ

JJ Funster

Blazing sun here... main man away in Spain... I am off to Quinta Majay :)Wink:) forecast ... sun all weekend...

...not all perfect though... having trouble with my mobile internet :cry:

might not be able to connect from QMJ.

JJ

16. Castaway

Castaway Funster

We'll be slumming it in a hotel on Saturday night, just for a change!

It's the Pennine Drag Racing Club's annual Nite of Champions dinner but it will be the first for us after my first season of racing. Supposed to be a bit of a boozy do!

17. Mr Colpot

Mr Colpot Funster

We are planning to go somewhere for Saturday night but still undecided where. Have e-mailed the Boss at home some pub stopovers so may be going Wiltshire or New Forest - will find out when I get home later:Smile:

Why when I want to follow a thread cant I remember that the Subscribe Button is for the Site and not the thread!!!

Last edited: Feb 25, 2011
  18. Jim

Jim Ringleader

Not watching the rugby tomorrow then Frankie? :BigGrin: Best of luck, have a nice weekend and don't work too hard :thumb:

19. Masman

Masman Funster

working all w.end:Sad: misses off to london for w,end.Future daughter in laws Hen night.:thumb: BEER & Curry sat pm, FOR ME:beerchug::beerchug:.

20. Jaws

Jaws Funster Life Member

Dunno.. might clean the van down ( might just run it up to pork and cheese at Tescos instead though ! LOL !!)