swiift brownhills

Discussion in 'Swift Motorhomes' started by chloe, Jun 15, 2010.

1. chloe

chloe Read Only Funster

We purchased swift moterhome from brownhills newcastle nov2009 we were praparing it for the season ahead and were shocked to discover the floor was rotting.Having contacted brownhills they didnt want to know and pointblank refused to deal with the rot problem.Having taken our 24k quick enough we are discusted with this company.Has any other members had bad service from them...........JIM REILLY

2. Dalek

Dalek Read Only Funster

Big can of worms!!

3. mopauline

mopauline Read Only Funster

Sufice tosay we wouldnt use them again

4. Wildman

Wildman Read Only Funster

there has been so many posts on here about Brownhills lack of service I am surprised you need to ask. I am very sorry for the way you have been treated, maybe Swift can sort the problem, they are normally pretty good.

5. Johns_Cross_Motorhomes

Johns_Cross_Motorhomes Trader - Motorhome & Accessory Sales

Hi,

Under the Sale of Goods Act, suggest you contact your local Trading Standards Office.

Peter

6. jean and robert

jean and robert Read Only Funster

Yes, Brownhills do get some stick on all the forums, but we have purchased at least 6 vans from them over the years, and always found that they happily sorted out any problems for us. This is with the Newark branch not Newcastle but if still under warrenty you should have no problems. Our vans have always been new not second hand so not sure how long the warrenty is on these. Also think it is unprofessional for competitor dealers like John Cross to comment on cases they have no knowledge of.

7. camcondor

camcondor Read Only Funster

Nonsense. :Eeek: Johns Cross merely pointed out to the poster that Trading Standards could be approached under the Sale of Goods Act.!!! He made no comment whatsoever about the facts of the case, which seems to be that a motorhome bought only a few months ago, has a severe / latent defect!!! It is completely professional and entirely appropriate to point this out to anyone!!!!:Eeek::Eeek::Eeek:

• Like Like x 1
  8. Theonlysue

Theonlysue Funster Life Member

Here Here!!
    In full agreement. Merely stating fact and not passing comment,
    S.

9. SandJ

SandJ Read Only Funster

Jim or Brian

Could this be moved to the Swift folder so they have a chance of seeing it, I do not think they monitor Website help.

As to Peter's comment's there is nothing wrong in what he say's.

Hope you get the problem sorted

Steve

10. bobandjanie

bobandjanie Funster Life Member

Hi, sorry to hear about your floor but its not the first on a Swift, as Peter says ( Under the Sale of Goods Act, suggest you contact your local Trading Standards Office.)

Swift have been good in the past with some owners, but I don't know where they draw the line when a vehicle gets over a certain age.

We got our van from Brownhills Newark, and even though I took out extended warranty with them, if the body fell off it would never be touched by them, they stole parts off the van swapped parts and did 476 miles in it after we put the deposit on it, we had a towbar fitted and the day we was going away I had to rewire the towing socket as we never had any indicators on the toad.:Eek! :If they was the only people selling motorhomes I would go without.:Angry: Bob.

11. jhorsf

jhorsf Read Only Funster

I would also contact Swift as from what I read on the forums they are quite good at repairs as they have had lots of practice with the motorhomes and caravans they keep building needing new doors floors roofs etc

12. neilmac

neilmac Read Only Funster

You're obviously not personally a fan of Swift products then :RollEyes:

In answer to the OP you should contact Swift via a forum - they even have their own now (Swift Talk) to see if they can help as they often go to great lengths to sort out issues.

And, Johns Cross is quite right with his advice :thumb:

Between Trading Standards and Swift you should expect some sort of an agreeable result.

Best of luck.

13. hilldweller

hilldweller Funster Life Member

He probably knows more about rotten Swift floors, poor dealer service and the law than anyone else on here, so why not point a FUNster in the right direction.

A crook would have said, "bring it to John's Cross we will fix it for a fair price". He didn't.

14. Terry

Terry Funster

Hi, Swift have had / got problems with floors rotting on m/h around 2006 / 7 along with some other makers who used the same flooring. They changed the flooring and said at the time that they will not walk away from there customers because the problem only affected a few m/hs they did not know witch were faulty but would fix any that cropped up :thumb:
    They then said it was down to not sealing the side skirts to the body thus allowing water onto the floor causing it to rot :Eeek: There was also one case involving Autosleepers at the same time if memory serves me right.
    Contact Swift to see what they can do:thumb: but JCM ( Swift dealer) is correct in saying that your redress is with the sellers Brownhills
    good luck :thumb: and keep us informed
    terry
    edit just seen Brians post -- I believe Peter =jcm- have had a couple of vans with rotting floors which were sent back to the factory - again I could be wrong but Peter will confirm this - I know he stated he would take rotting floored vans in Px off worried punters once they got the factory fix as swift g/tee was extended on the fixed ones

15. haganap

haganap Funster Life Member

Hi,
    You state you have a problem and you also state what the problem is. Could you give more details as to exactly why Brown hills refuse to help?
    Is it a special purchase or something?
    Have you some way avoided the warranty?
    are they not speaking to you or returning your calls?
    what measures have you taken in order for them to rectify the issue?

Surely they just never simply said NO with out a reason.
    Not even Brownhills coulbe that bad,, could they?

It just might help before you go in to trading standards to answer these questions, and perhaps us wonderful bunch of knowledgeable funsters may be able to help.:thumb:

16. scran

scran Read Only Funster

warranty

hoe long was your warranty for and when did you tell them of problem?

17. bobandjanie

bobandjanie Funster Life Member

Yes, they can. Yes, they do. Yes, they are. Try talking to Tom. Lol. Jane :Wink:

Last edited: Jun 16, 2010
  18. gixermark

gixermark Read Only Funster

If Peter from Swift cant help, use Swift's own forum : http://www.swift-talk.co.uk/

It is monitored 24hrs a day and you will get a reply straight from them. One of a kind this site and shows Swift are at least trying to improve customer service!:thumb:

Any questions / help I have required has been sorted very quickly ..... give it a go, you aint got nuffin T loose av ya !!!:Wink:

19. Supertractorman

Supertractorman Read Only Funster

Recently had my 4 year old van back to the factory due to the rear roof leaking. Excellent repair done, and on collection they showed me where they had replaced some of the bottom floor which was wet due to the sealing failing, and I knew nothing about it.
    I feel that not many companies would look for extra warranty work to be done, so full marks to Swift for excellent service and back up.

David

20. motorvating

motorvating Read Only Funster

sorry for your troubles, must be vey dis-heartning