swiift brownhills (1 Viewer)

chloe

Free Member
Jun 15, 2010
Funster No
We purchased swift moterhome from brownhills newcastle nov2009 we were praparing it for the season ahead and were shocked to discover the floor was rotting.Having contacted brownhills they didnt want to know and pointblank refused to deal with the rot problem.Having taken our 24k quick enough we are discusted with this company.Has any other members had bad service from them...........JIM REILLY

Wildman

Free Member
May 30, 2008
Ilfracombe, Devon
Funster No
MH
Amazon Ambassador
Exp
since 1967
there has been so many posts on here about Brownhills lack of service I am surprised you need to ask. I am very sorry for the way you have been treated, maybe Swift can sort the problem, they are normally pretty good.

Peter JohnsCross MH

Funster
Deceased RIP
Jan 5, 2008
East Sussex
Funster No
MH
Autotrail
Exp
We purchased swift moterhome from brownhills newcastle nov2009 we were praparing it for the season ahead and were shocked to discover the floor was rotting.Having contacted brownhills they didnt want to know and pointblank refused to deal with the rot problem.Having taken our 24k quick enough we are discusted with this company.Has any other members had bad service from them...........JIM REILLY

Hi,

Under the Sale of Goods Act, suggest you contact your local Trading Standards Office.

Peter

jean and robert

Free Member
Feb 23, 2009
West yorkshire/France
Funster No
MH
Low Profile
Exp
27 years
Yes, Brownhills do get some stick on all the forums, but we have purchased at least 6 vans from them over the years, and always found that they happily sorted out any problems for us. This is with the Newark branch not Newcastle but if still under warrenty you should have no problems. Our vans have always been new not second hand so not sure how long the warrenty is on these. Also think it is unprofessional for competitor dealers like John Cross to comment on cases they have no knowledge of.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

camcondor

Free Member
Jul 27, 2007
East Midlands
Funster No
MH
A Class
Also think it is unprofessional for competitor dealers like John Cross to comment on cases they have no knowledge of.

Nonsense. :Eeek: Johns Cross merely pointed out to the poster that Trading Standards could be approached under the Sale of Goods Act.!!! He made no comment whatsoever about the facts of the case, which seems to be that a motorhome bought only a few months ago, has a severe / latent defect!!! It is completely professional and entirely appropriate to point this out to anyone!!!!:Eeek::Eeek::Eeek:

Theonlysue

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 14, 2009
Essex
Funster No
MH
As Executive 50th an
Exp
Not long enough!
Nonsense. :Eeek: Johns Cross merely pointed out to the poster that Trading Standards could be approached under the Sale of Goods Act.!!! He made no comment whatsoever about the facts of the case, which seems to be that a motorhome bought only a few months ago, has a severe / latent defect!!! It is completely professional and entirely appropriate to point this out to anyone!!!!:Eeek::Eeek::Eeek:

Here Here!!
In full agreement. Merely stating fact and not passing comment,
S.

SandJ

Free Member
Sep 14, 2007
North Yorks
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Too long lol
Jim or Brian

Could this be moved to the Swift folder so they have a chance of seeing it, I do not think they monitor Website help.

As to Peter's comment's there is nothing wrong in what he say's.

Hope you get the problem sorted

Steve

bobandjanie

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 28, 2008
Javea, Spain
Funster No
MH
Pilote V600g
Exp
Hi, sorry to hear about your floor but its not the first on a Swift, as Peter says ( Under the Sale of Goods Act, suggest you contact your local Trading Standards Office.)

Swift have been good in the past with some owners, but I don't know where they draw the line when a vehicle gets over a certain age.

We got our van from Brownhills Newark, and even though I took out extended warranty with them, if the body fell off it would never be touched by them, they stole parts off the van swapped parts and did 476 miles in it after we put the deposit on it, we had a towbar fitted and the day we was going away I had to rewire the towing socket as we never had any indicators on the toad.:Eek! :If they was the only people selling motorhomes I would go without.:Angry: Bob.

jhorsf

Free Member
May 15, 2009
DERBYSHIRE
Funster No
MH
ih oregon
Exp
I would also contact Swift as from what I read on the forums they are quite good at repairs as they have had lots of practice with the motorhomes and caravans they keep building needing new doors floors roofs etc

neilmac

Free Member
Nov 24, 2008
UK, France & Spain
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
2nd year
I would also contact Swift as from what I read on the forums they are quite good at repairs as they have had lots of practice with the motorhomes and caravans they keep building needing new doors floors roofs etc

You're obviously not personally a fan of Swift products then :RollEyes:

In answer to the OP you should contact Swift via a forum - they even have their own now (Link Removed) to see if they can help as they often go to great lengths to sort out issues.

And, Johns Cross is quite right with his advice :thumb:

Between Trading Standards and Swift you should expect some sort of an agreeable result.

Best of luck.

hilldweller

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2008
Macclesfield
Funster No
MH
Zilch Mk1
Exp
From Aug 2007
Also think it is unprofessional for competitor dealers like John Cross to comment on cases they have no knowledge of.

He probably knows more about rotten Swift floors, poor dealer service and the law than anyone else on here, so why not point a FUNster in the right direction.

A crook would have said, "bring it to John's Cross we will fix it for a fair price". He didn't.

Terry

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 27, 2007
Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Can't remember ;)
Hi, Swift have had / got problems with floors rotting on m/h around 2006 / 7 along with some other makers who used the same flooring. They changed the flooring and said at the time that they will not walk away from there customers because the problem only affected a few m/hs they did not know witch were faulty but would fix any that cropped up :thumb:
They then said it was down to not sealing the side skirts to the body thus allowing water onto the floor causing it to rot :Eeek: There was also one case involving Autosleepers at the same time if memory serves me right.
Contact Swift to see what they can do:thumb: but JCM ( Swift dealer) is correct in saying that your redress is with the sellers Brownhills
good luck :thumb: and keep us informed
terry
edit just seen Brians post -- I believe Peter =jcm- have had a couple of vans with rotting floors which were sent back to the factory - again I could be wrong but Peter will confirm this - I know he stated he would take rotting floored vans in Px off worried punters once they got the factory fix as swift g/tee was extended on the fixed ones

haganap

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2007
planet earth
Funster No
MH
Niesman+Bischoff 79e
Exp
I'm an oldbie MH number 10
Hi,
You state you have a problem and you also state what the problem is. Could you give more details as to exactly why Brown hills refuse to help?
Is it a special purchase or something?
Have you some way avoided the warranty?
are they not speaking to you or returning your calls?
what measures have you taken in order for them to rectify the issue?

Surely they just never simply said NO with out a reason.
Not even Brownhills coulbe that bad,, could they?

It just might help before you go in to trading standards to answer these questions, and perhaps us wonderful bunch of knowledgeable funsters may be able to help.:thumb:

bobandjanie

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 28, 2008
Javea, Spain
Funster No
MH
Pilote V600g
Exp
Hi,
You state you have a problem and you also state what the problem is. Could you give more details as to exactly why Brown hills refuse to help?
Is it a special purchase or something?
Have you some way avoided the warranty?
are they not speaking to you or returning your calls?
what measures have you taken in order for them to rectify the issue?

Surely they just never simply said NO with out a reason.
Not even Brownhills coulbe that bad,, could they?

It just might help before you go in to trading standards to answer these questions, and perhaps us wonderful bunch of knowledgeable funsters may be able to help.:thumb:
Yes, they can. Yes, they do. Yes, they are. Try talking to Tom. Lol. Jane :winky:

Last edited:

gixermark

Free Member
Sep 8, 2009
Hereford
Funster No
MH
None
Exp
2 years ! Ex "Tugger" of 7 years + !!
If Peter from Swift cant help, use Swift's own forum : Link Removed

It is monitored 24hrs a day and you will get a reply straight from them. One of a kind this site and shows Swift are at least trying to improve customer service!:thumb:

Any questions / help I have required has been sorted very quickly ..... give it a go, you aint got nuffin T loose av ya !!!:winky:

Supertractorman

Free Member
Sep 7, 2007
Funster No
Recently had my 4 year old van back to the factory due to the rear roof leaking. Excellent repair done, and on collection they showed me where they had replaced some of the bottom floor which was wet due to the sealing failing, and I knew nothing about it.
I feel that not many companies would look for extra warranty work to be done, so full marks to Swift for excellent service and back up.

David

jhorsf

Free Member
May 15, 2009
DERBYSHIRE
Funster No
MH
ih oregon
Exp
Recently had my 4 year old van back to the factory due to the rear roof leaking. Excellent repair done, and on collection they showed me where they had replaced some of the bottom floor which was wet due to the sealing failing, and I knew nothing about it.
I feel that not many companies would look for extra warranty work to be done, so full marks to Swift for excellent service and back up.

David

David I think a 4 year old van with these problems is a disgrace!
the reason they looked at the floor well it does not take a lot of working out does it, yet still rather than build it right they keep turning out the same faults and poor workman ship then say bring it back and we will sort it out.Have they learnt nothing from our now no more British car industry?Its no wonder they are all in trouble.

janbri

Free Member
Jan 14, 2011
rotherham
Funster No
MH
swift sundance
Exp
1 year

hi had floor problem with 2007 swift sundance contact swift direct (num in your hand book}
hull amy Padley tell them ,they are aware of this problem and will rectify no charge or problem janbri

Douglas

Free Member
Aug 22, 2008
South Wales,
Funster No
Exp
6 years + 5 years in boat before that
It would seem that despite the promise of improving their customer relations Brownhills are "At it again". But then if Swift built a descent conversion the problem would not have happened in the first place.

Doug...

Peter JohnsCross MH

Funster
Deceased RIP
Jan 5, 2008
East Sussex
Funster No
MH
Autotrail
Exp
Doug,

The starting post was last year.... 15-06-2010, 16:43 and credit where credit is due, Swift held their hand up and fixed every one without question, even ones that maybe had changed hands two or three times.

OK it should not have happened but it did and they sorted it.

Peter

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back