Suzuki Owners Xmas Present… (1 Viewer)

Jun 7, 2014
Cleethorpes
Funster No
MH
C class
Exp
The only Suzuki I ever owned was a GT185 which I bought from Freddie Frith's in Grimsby when I was 17 years old.
Use to lust after owning a kettle, alas the only kettle I owned was bought from Currys. 🙄

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Oct 1, 2013
Lanzarote
Funster No
MH
Nil by mouth
Exp
Lots
The only Suzuki I ever owned was a GT185 which I bought from Freddie Frith's in Grimsby when I was 17 years old.
Use to lust after owning a kettle, alas the only kettle I owned was bought from Currys. 🙄
That was also my first bike at 17 :)

bobandjanie

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 28, 2008
Javea, Spain
Funster No
MH
Pilote V600g
Exp
When I sold mine, rather than give him the key and never see it again,😮 ( because even though they handle like a camel 😁 they appealed to many ) 👍 I took this young lad on the back wound it up and had his feet under my armpits 😜 ........... that was sold he had to have it. 😎

I had many bikes over the years and that was one I should have kept, 😉 even though I had cars that did better miles to the gallon. :Eeek: :rofl:Bob.

Apr 9, 2018
Worcestershire
Funster No
MH
Bailey Adamo 75-4t
Exp
March 2018
I had one of those. Lovely bike with loads of blue smoke to piss of the cars behind 👍😆

OP
OP
Coastal Cruiser.
Apr 17, 2016
South Coast
Funster No
MH
White One..
Exp
3 years….
Always fancied the X7 when they first came out, had a new RD250E when I was 16 and 3/4😁😁 there was normally about 7-8 of us on 250s that would race around 6 nights a week😳😳😳 never got the chance to race against the X7 as went to a car after a year…
Did have a thing about 2t bikes😁😁

Dec 12, 2010
Cumbria
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
since 2011
Me too, lead me on to my love of four strokes after the exhaust baffles all cracked and then it holed a piston. Two strokes are only good for garden machinery ! :imoutahere:

Jan 19, 2014
Derbyshire
Funster No
MH
Elddis Accordo 105
Exp
since 2014
Me too, lead me on to my love of four strokes after the exhaust baffles all cracked and then it holed a piston. Two strokes are only good for garden machinery ! :imoutahere:
Yeah I had a 2 stroke. My first was my last thankfully... I had a leg like popeye kicking it up for hours every day 🤣

Dec 12, 2010
Cumbria
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
since 2011
Yeah I had a 2 stroke. My first was my last thankfully... I had a leg like popeye kicking it up for hours every day 🤣
I should have learned after my FS1E. :xdoh:
Decoke the exhaust every couple of months, whip the head off and scrape the carbon off the top of the piston with a 2p coin, first sign was the engine carrying on running when you switched the igntion off ! An extra 14p for two shots of oil everytime I refuelled and a pocket full of spark plugs for when they oiled themselves up !

Sep 10, 2017
North Brum
Funster No
MH
A Class
Decoke the exhaust every couple of months, whip the head off and scrape the carbon off the top of the piston with a 2p coin, first sign was the engine carrying on running when you switched the igntion off ! An extra 14p for two shots of oil everytime I refuelled and a pocket full of spark plugs for when they oiled themselves up !
From memory it was a very simple job to do, drop the exhaust off, remove the four nuts holding the head on and de coke away. A torque wrench was a thing of fantasy to us young uns... You needed an impact driver to get the side covers off and a big hammer! Mine was a AP50 BTW... faster than a Fizzy.... LOL

Silver-Fox

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 5, 2014
Cheltenham Spa
Funster No
MH
Rapido
Exp
im a not so newbie

I thought I was the only one to decoke my Fizzy that often.

Used to light a fire to sort the exhaust out 😊

Sep 10, 2017
North Brum
Funster No
MH
A Class
Dream on, I think you’re memory has clouded over the years.

Only two bikes I can think of faster than a Fizzy.

The Fantic and the Garreli Tiger 😊
I had a Micron exhaust and "adjusted" the disk valve a bit..it went through pistons at a fair rate but would do 61mph with me flat on the tank...with a tail wind and I was about 9 stone...Great times we didn't realise were so good at that time.

OP
OP
Coastal Cruiser.
Apr 17, 2016
South Coast
Funster No
MH
White One..
Exp
3 years….
I could start my 350LC with my arm / hand easy
You would struggle with this😁😁IT490 single😳😳😳had a few YZ490s also a beast to kick over and I did kick it over once without a boot on and paid the price🤬🤬kicks back like a donkey on crystal meths😬😬😬
IMG_0066.jpeg

Jun 7, 2014
Cleethorpes
Funster No
MH
C class
Exp
My first moped was a Honda SS50, all my mates had either FS1E or AP50 plus there was a Garelli.
Being fed up with being left behind all the time, led to modifications.
Hacksaw to the throttle slide, slightly larger main jet, polished inlet ports.
The next run to Cadwell Park, I actually passed one of the fizzies. However, on the way home, it went into "limp mode".
When I striped it down it had burned a perfect 6d circle through the centre of the piston crown.
What did I do?
Bought a new piston and did it all again .
Mike

Nov 7, 2020
Southampton
Funster No
MH
Carthago C-Tourer
Exp
No longer a Newbie
Dream on, I think you’re memory has clouded over the years.

Only two bikes I can think of faster than a Fizzy.

The Fantic and the Garreli Tiger 😊
I had the Fantic Caballero & can confirm it was faster than the AP & FS1E. :giggler:

Oct 1, 2013
Lanzarote
Funster No
MH
Nil by mouth
Exp
Lots
I could start my 350LC with my arm / hand easy 🤣🤣🤣 I was a lot younger and fitter then mind...
When I raced them, some races were push starts for the open class.
I could paddle it 3 steps and drop the clutch and off.
Followed by a few other LCs.
Then the TZ350 would mash us up later .

But after entering the proddy classes, it was only £2 more to race in the open class as well

Jan 11, 2010
Chester
Funster No
MH
Auto-trail
Exp
Well that`s our 13th year & still loving it.
Always regretted not owning a GT750, I did buy the Suzuki T20 Super Six in 1968 and phew did that fly.
I currently have in my collection the Suzuki AN650 Burgman and that is an amazing form of transport.

Suzuki B2.jpg

Oct 1, 2013
Lanzarote
Funster No
MH
Nil by mouth
Exp
Lots
My Kettle came with 3 Piper exhausts and Cambrey mag wheels.
The Spannies saved 400 kilograms in weight.

Was real fun. But got me in so much trouble at 18 and so many nearly crashes.
My mate's told me to go racing. I did and was much safer there ;)

Dec 19, 2020
The salty bit of Hampshire
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 2017
The only Suzy I owned was a 100cc Trail which I used as a commuter bike when we only had one car. Was a brilliant little bike for whipping in and out of traffic.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back