Sulking! (1 Viewer)

May 8, 2011
God's county. Helmsley, North Yorkshire.
Funster No
MH
IH Tio 630 RL
Exp
Since April 1846 but have always camped.
To get back on track and to the OP. I am doing the same on Friday, taking it to the dealer and new van won't be ready until the end of April and he has even hinted at us paying the balance on Friday. But no chance til I see the new van. Just a bit scared now leaving the van with them.

OP
OP
The Dudess
Jan 10, 2013
Near Uttoxeter and Crete
Funster No
MH
Warwick XL PVC
Exp
Still trucking and learning
To get back on track and to the OP. I am doing the same on Friday, taking it to the dealer and new van won't be ready until the end of April and he has even hinted at us paying the balance on Friday. But no chance til I see the new van. Just a bit scared now leaving the van with them.
Only a month to wait then but I certainly wouldn't be paying the balance until you've given the new van a thorough going over. We did pay a £2K deposit.

OP
OP
The Dudess
Jan 10, 2013
Near Uttoxeter and Crete
Funster No
MH
Warwick XL PVC
Exp
We wondered where your van had gone! (Nosy neighbours) Greece should make the wait bearable.
Hi Guys. It's lovely to have nosey neighbours, makes us feel the house is being looked after when we are away. Please keep curtain twitching. :D:D:D
Hope all is going well with your new van. (y)

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Welsh girl

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 7, 2009
Funster No
MH
Globecar
Exp
Since 2004
I know a friend on Facebook. Ordered a new one at the NEC last Oct to be delivered in March. Paid the whole lot off ready. Every one said he's mad. Luckily the dealer didn't go bust.

Lenny HB

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 18, 2007
On the coast in West Sussex
Funster No
MH
Hymer B678 DL
Exp
Since 2008 & many years tugging
he
some folk are far too trusting. friends of ours traded in their old van against a new one and handed the dealer the keys. then a few weeks later the dealer went bust. no new van and no old van taken as a deposit and sold just before going bust so no money either
My thoughts too, a few years ago a friend sent a cheque for payment to a dealer on Monday and was picking up the van on Friday, the dealer went into liquidation on the Thursday.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Bob & Moira

Free Member
Feb 8, 2016
Manchester
Funster No
MH
Knaus SunTi
Exp
Since 2008
We picked up a new van in September. Dealer wanted old van to sell it at the beginning of may because new one was to be delivered in June. Glad we didn't let him have it because it would have spoiled all holidays pre booked
When we gave it to him he sold it in the first week so he didn't lose out on anything
The dealers idea was to hand the van over quick and he would give us a better deal
Having decided to keep it he still kept to the deal

OP
OP
The Dudess
Jan 10, 2013
Near Uttoxeter and Crete
Funster No
MH
Warwick XL PVC
Exp
Aka the Wild West(y)