Sulking! (1 Viewer)

Jan 10, 2013
Near Uttoxeter and Crete
Funster No
MH
Warwick XL PVC
Exp
Still trucking and learning
As a negotiating tool with our dealers against our new van (which doesn't arrive until June) we said we would drop our current van off early so they would have a few months extra to sell it. What a mistake!! I am feeling totally lost without it and it doesn't help when you lot keep posting about the fabulous trips you are off on. And to top it all the dealer called us today to say they had had a deposit put down on it and they've only had it for about 4 weeks.
Am proper fed up and want to get on the road. Think I need to SHOP in advance for our new van.

EMO_121.gif

EX51SSS

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 18, 2015
North Manchester
Funster No
MH
Hymer Exsis A Class
Exp
since 2007
images (9).jpg
As a negotiating tool with our dealers against our new van (which doesn't arrive until June) we said we would drop our current van off early so they would have a few months extra to sell it. What a mistake!! I am feeling totally lost without it and it doesn't help when you lot keep posting about the fabulous trips you are off on. And to top it all the dealer called us today to say they had had a deposit put down on it and they've only had it for about 4 weeks.
Am proper fed up and want to get on the road. Think I need to SHOP in advance for our new van.

EMO_121.gif

Feb 22, 2014
Grantham
Funster No
MH
Rapido Le Randonneur
Exp
Since 2015
Aww! I know your pain. Spent a while on here before we even purchased our first MH. ..... Slowly turning green!!

EX51SSS

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 18, 2015
North Manchester
Funster No
MH
Hymer Exsis A Class
Exp
since 2007
Aaaaw! Thank you. Feel better already.
P.S. I'm from Manchester too (Denton).
Well passed through the other day on way to Buxton. Although I pass quite often using Hyde Road and M60, it was only on Friday I saw a sign saying Denton Rock.
Denton Rock J 24 M60 Motorway LAMPOST.jpg

(do I say that we went for the weekend in the Moho)
I truly understand about your wait. Have you any plans?

Kingham

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 20, 2016
Kirkcudbright, D&G
Funster No
MH
AS Kingham 2017
Exp
Since 2009

EMO_121.gif

I know what you're saying, but this way is safer as nothing detrimental can now happen to your trade in.

In 2012, we had agreed a trade in on a new Bolero and whilst travelling from Durham to Cornwall, had agreed to detour to Preston to allow the dealer to check our van. Everything was fine, but I was on tenterhooks the entire holiday, in case something got damaged and impacted on the trade in.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
The Dudess
Jan 10, 2013
Near Uttoxeter and Crete
Funster No
MH
Warwick XL PVC
Exp
First stop a site near dealer to check everything out, thenVan Bitz for Growler and radio/gps and rear view camera stuff, then tow bar fitted for easylift and scooter, then ................... wooo hooo!! heading towards the Med for sunshine for a couple of months (or if 'im 'indoors has 'is way then it will be Scotland).

EX51SSS

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 18, 2015
North Manchester
Funster No
MH
Hymer Exsis A Class
Exp
since 2007
Absolutely brilliant. We've decided on 6 weeks coddywompling but destination still very vague.
This year, up to now is Peterborough, Misterton, Sunshine Festival, Bonfire meet, Lincoln, Newark outside the European trip. We're wishing you all the very best.
I also endorse what @Kingham says about being on tenterhooks.

Jun 14, 2014
Coventry
Funster No
MH
IH N680CFL
Exp
Since2014

EMO_121.gif
Sod that.:D We just ordered our van for collection mid June. Can't wait to pick it up. In the meantime 3 weeks at Easter :france:south of France. We are thinking the camargue. Then a week in Scotland at the end of May.:clap2:Thats what its there for and they will still make a good wedge when they sell it (y)

138go

Free Member
Feb 26, 2016
Funster No
MH
Carthago 138
Exp
Since 2001

June .. June .. thats years away .. What on earth are you going to do in the meantime .. Weather is picking up nicely and the nights are lighter .. Just right for a few weeks away .. :D2

Silver-Fox

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 5, 2014
Cheltenham Spa
Funster No
MH
Rapido
Exp
im a not so newbie
Serves you right for being so nice :D

Still get the credit card out and as Viv said its spend spend spend (y) cant beat a bit of retail therapy I have found it most therapeutic :D

Aug 19, 2014
Cliftonville
Funster No
MH
A Class Burstner
Exp
Since 2014
Sod that.:D We just ordered our van for collection mid June. Can't wait to pick it up. In the meantime 3 weeks at Easter :france:south of France. We are thinking the camargue. Then a week in Scotland at the end of May.:clap2:Thats what its there for and they will still make a good wedge when they sell it (y)

Have they limited/stipulated the max maileage you can do?

Jun 14, 2014
Coventry
Funster No
MH
IH N680CFL
Exp
Since2014
Have they limited/stipulated the max maileage you can do?
No. not at all. Its a great van really, hardly used in some respect. All the carpets are as new as I cut out some old carpet to use and everything is in good order. yes it will have a good run out but we did say we had two holidays booked and I couldn't get to Eddie till June for the new alarm(y)

Puddleduck

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 15, 2014
Scottish Borders
Funster No
MH
Without at present
Exp
On and off for many years.
In 2012, we had agreed a trade in on a new Bolero and whilst travelling from Durham to Cornwall, had agreed to detour to Preston to allow the dealer to check our van. Everything was fine, but I was on tenterhooks the entire holiday, in case something got damaged and impacted on the trade in.

We were the same with our trade-in .... reluctant to go away in her just in case.

The dealer wouldn't consider taking her early as he said that would be a part-performed contract and might lead to problems should there be a problem with the new van.

Oct 17, 2013
Plymouth
Funster No
MH
Adria Compact
Exp
Since 2013
We dropped off our Adria part-ex last week, new Burstner not due until June, but it made sense to do that rather than fork out for road tax, MOT, service and hab inspection all due in April on a van we would only keep an extra few weeks. Better to spend the money saved on toys for the new van.

OP
OP
The Dudess
Jan 10, 2013
Near Uttoxeter and Crete
Funster No
MH
Warwick XL PVC
Exp
We were the same with our trade-in .... reluctant to go away in her just in case.

The dealer wouldn't consider taking her early as he said that would be a part-performed contract and might lead to problems should there be a problem with the new van.
Our dealer called us this morning and asked that, when they get the money for our old van, would we prefer it if they kept it to put against the new van or would we like it paid into our bank account - you can guess what we said. :D

Jun 14, 2014
Coventry
Funster No
MH
IH N680CFL
Exp
Since2014

The thing is you have to wait for the new van to arrive and I personally don't wish to miss half my already prebooked holidays waiting with a van on the drive. I don't yet have the freedom of retirement and if god forbid something happens to the van then the deal wasn't meant to be. Ill carry on enjoying this van and look forward to the new van when she eventually turns up:D

EX51SSS

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 18, 2015
North Manchester
Funster No
MH
Hymer Exsis A Class
Exp
since 2007
Our dealer called us this morning and asked that, when they get the money for our old van, would we prefer it if they kept it to put against the new van or would we like it paid into our bank account - you can guess what we said. :D
I'll bet you didn't say 'buy a round of drinks for the all the lads hard work '?

irnbru

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 27, 2013
Glasgow
Funster No
MH
Benimar 264
Exp
11 yrs
Would it help if I told you we were enjoying a nice sunny day in Portimao:LOL:
It will be worth the wait. Just grin and bear it :D

OP
OP
The Dudess
Jan 10, 2013
Near Uttoxeter and Crete
Funster No
MH
Warwick XL PVC
Exp
The thing is you have to wait for the new van to arrive and I personally don't wish to miss half my already prebooked holidays waiting with a van on the drive. I don't yet have the freedom of retirement and if god forbid something happens to the van then the deal wasn't meant to be. Ill carry on enjoying this van and look forward to the new van when she eventually turns up:D
Yes, I agree, however what I didn't mention was that we are off to Greece in a few weeks for 2 months and don't get back until late June by which time the new van should be just about ready for us. It's just a case of getting through the next few weeks without a van now that the weather has got better and everyone on here seems to be off somewhere nice.
greek_evzone_dancing_with_flag_opa_postcard-r6a23a9f69bfe4b91a73c3d37ecc856e2_vgbaq_8byvr_324.jpg

Jun 14, 2014
Coventry
Funster No
MH
IH N680CFL
Exp
Since2014
Yes, I agree, however what I didn't mention was that we are off to Greece in a few weeks for 2 months and don't get back until late June by which time the new van should be just about ready for us. It's just a case of getting through the next few weeks without a van now that the weather has got better and everyone on here seems to be off somewhere nice.
greek_evzone_dancing_with_flag_opa_postcard-r6a23a9f69bfe4b91a73c3d37ecc856e2_vgbaq_8byvr_324.jpg
you kept that quiet(y). Enjoy:D

TheBig1

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 27, 2011
Dorset
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
many many years! since I was a kid
some folk are far too trusting. friends of ours traded in their old van against a new one and handed the dealer the keys. then a few weeks later the dealer went bust. no new van and no old van taken as a deposit and sold just before going bust so no money either

OP
OP
The Dudess
Jan 10, 2013
Near Uttoxeter and Crete
Funster No
MH
Warwick XL PVC
Exp
some folk are far too trusting. friends of ours traded in their old van against a new one and handed the dealer the keys. then a few weeks later the dealer went bust. no new van and no old van taken as a deposit and sold just before going bust so no money either
Thanks. That's comforting! :(

TheBig1

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 27, 2011
Dorset
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
many many years! since I was a kid
sorry to post something worrying but many people it doesnt cross their mind that they could lose the lot that easy

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back