Suitable Automatic Cars for A Framing

Discussion in 'Tech/Mech General' started by sallylillian, Oct 20, 2014.

1. sallylillian

sallylillian Funster Life Member

We are investigating the option of an A frame instead of our trailer. We will change the car and looking for options for an automatic gearbox as many autos are unsuitable for towing 4 wheels down. Does anyone on here tow an Auto on an A frame? If so what?

2. DuxDeluxe

DuxDeluxe Funster Life Member

Fiat Panda automatic (if you can find one) is a robotised manual same as the Auto Ducatos.

Not sure but thought that the Aygo family had similar boxes but could have imagined that

• Like Like x 1
  3. schojac

schojac Read Only Funster

Hi,

forgive me if you are aware of this but I would hate anyone to go to the expense of a towed when (please read copied section from my post on another thread)

I tow a Seicento Schumacher, don't know its there.

BUT!

please read the current threads and info regarding using braked A frames. I would hate any one to go into the cost of fitting tow bar, A frame plus bits only to find that the whole thing may be made illegal next year. Once you are aware of the possible and I emphasise possible outcomes, then you can make your own decision.

• Like Like x 1
  4. tonyidle

tonyidle Funster

Smart cars also robotised manual. Any auto that does NOT use a torque converter will be OK though check before purchase.

• Like Like x 1