Suitable Automatic Cars for A Framing (1 Viewer)

sallylillian

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 29, 2011
Falmouth, Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Palace Liner 90LO
Exp
We are investigating the option of an A frame instead of our trailer. We will change the car and looking for options for an automatic gearbox as many autos are unsuitable for towing 4 wheels down. Does anyone on here tow an Auto on an A frame? If so what?

DuxDeluxe

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 10, 2008
Planet Zog
Funster No
MH
A woosh bang van
Exp
since 2008
Fiat Panda automatic (if you can find one) is a robotised manual same as the Auto Ducatos.

Not sure but thought that the Aygo family had similar boxes but could have imagined that

schojac

Free Member
Apr 25, 2009
Cambridgeshire
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
new in 2009
Hi,

forgive me if you are aware of this but I would hate anyone to go to the expense of a towed when (please read copied section from my post on another thread)

I tow a Seicento Schumacher, don't know its there.

BUT!

please read the current threads and info regarding using braked A frames. I would hate any one to go into the cost of fitting tow bar, A frame plus bits only to find that the whole thing may be made illegal next year. Once you are aware of the possible and I emphasise possible outcomes, then you can make your own decision.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Aug 6, 2013
Kendal, Cumbria
Funster No
MH
Le-Voyageur RX958 Pl
Exp
since 1999
Fiat Panda automatic (if you can find one) is a robotised manual same as the Auto Ducatos.

Not sure but thought that the Aygo family had similar boxes but could have imagined that
Smart cars also robotised manual. Any auto that does NOT use a torque converter will be OK though check before purchase.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back