strange eating habits

Discussion in 'Pets' started by sue1959, Mar 3, 2010.

1. sue1959

sue1959 Read Only Funster

My dogs will eat raw veggies including broccoli, carrots, sweet potato, raw spud and in the case of our collie, strawberries, lettuce and he loves tomatoes. He also will eat any plastic toy he can get hold of!

2. Loujess

Loujess Read Only Funster

My dog's puppy, Phoebe, likes all of those and oranges too. Funny - my daughter is a veggie and Phoebe belongs to her now.

Ivy

3. dellwood33

dellwood33 Read Only Funster

Had a labrador that liked pickled onions made him sneeze, but he loved them.
    Our current dog, Rosie loves Apples, but her favourite is greeding pieces of pear from me :BigGrin:

4. Loujess

Loujess Read Only Funster

Can I just ask - does being a dog-lover go with MHing?

Ivy

5. lorger

lorger Funster

Our Jack russel toby loves all of them also but loves raw onions and bananas. When im on nights i sleep with earplugs in and if i leave them on bedside cab Toby eats them so his poo's sometimes have a bright orage earplug in them:Rofl1:

6. Wyaye wires

Wyaye wires

I have seen in dog publications warnings that onions, grapes and chocolate are dangerous to dogs. However, Rory our wft dog loves white grapes and has had no apparent ill effects from them.

7. scotjimland

scotjimland Funster Life Member

Mylo, our JRT will eat just about anything, never known him to refuse any kind of fruit or vegetable.
    In particular, he loves tomatoes, oranges, apples and bananas.. he even eats grapefruit .. cheese is also high on his list of tasty morsels deserving a good beg.. but hates the smell of vinegar .. won't go near anything that smells of it..

Should have called him Dyson.. after a meal he loves 'hovering' around the dining table ..

8. Dodgey

Dodgey Funster

One of our (SWMBOs) arguments for MHing was the dog, ie so we could take her with us as neither of us would entertain kennels. MH best thing we've done generally and the dog (Shelby the westie) loves it, sulks for a good 24hr after we get back even if it's just a quick weekend escape.

As to eating habits, well, VEGETABLES....mmmmm

We're in a pub, I'm having steak and Shelby's 'helping' me eat it with such enthusiasm I gave her a suger snap pea, chomp chomp SPIT! From then on she checks carefully what 'dad's' giving her. She doesn't do veg or fruit at all, various chews,costs a fortune but we do spoil her, not that she has any grasp of spoiled, meat but rairly sweet stuff.

Cheese, she's addicted, period. It's that bad she can tell from anywhere in the house/garden if cheese leaves the fridge:Rofl1:

9. dellwood33

dellwood33 Read Only Funster

Going to one of the many motorhome shows would be an indicator. It seems as if everyone has a dog :BigGrin: