LIFE MEMBER
Apr 12, 2011
Langtoft, South Lincs
Funster No
MH
WildAx Aurora FB [PVC]
Exp
Since 2015
When your MoHo was new to you - how did you decide what went where... and is it still there in it's original home.
Have you ever done a re-organisation, emptying all the cupboards just to put it all back in slightly different places?

In my current MoHo I've got stuff in fairly logical places [I think] but none of the cupboards were full.
When I get my new PVC, I'm dreaming of being a bit OCD with storage neatness...
You know - "a place for everything, and everything in it's place".
Plentiful use of
257584-1_3_1.jpg

for underbed stowing...
My latest thought as I was walking Kerry Hound around the muddy field is that boots will have their own storage box, living - during travel in the under the bed stowage area but when pitched, and the passenger seat swiveled, the boot box can be on the cab floor for ease of access/use...

Do I need to get out more :whistle:

:rofl:

Last edited:
May 16, 2014
Ammanford
Funster No
MH
Dethleffs Trend
Exp
since May 2014
No, storage is important and you should never let your other half pack it or you will never find anything!

Jan 27, 2013
Stamford
Funster No
MH
Benimar Mileo 282
Exp
Seven plus years
Have you ever done a re-organisation, emptying all the cupboards just to put it all back in slightly different places?

...only on every trip :whistle:

I've got drawers, tubs, tins, felt containers, snap lock boxes, over-the-door-16 pocket hanger, zipped bags and holdalls. This time I have a garage space so I'll also make use of a boot net that came with a car a few years back.

But it'll still be shuffled around before each trip - as messing about in a MH is so much better than going to work ;)

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 1996, had Elddis/Swift/Rapido/Rimor/Chausson MHs. Autocruise/Globecar PVCs/Compactline i-138
This is how we used to store stuff in our Chausson's garage when we had it:

06 - Storage offisde.JPG
08 - Hanging net nearside.JPG
Spare Wheel - r.jpg

Feb 22, 2014
Grantham
Funster No
MH
Rapido Le Randonneur
Exp
Since 2015
Well I'm back in the MH tomorrow to have a shuffle round!

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Jul 29, 2013
Salisbury
Funster No
MH
Hymer B678DL A class
Exp
since 2011
I do it at home ,on a trip and when we get home again,still haven't got it right,there's always something I can't find.;)

magicsurfbus

Free Member
Oct 11, 2010
NW England
Funster No
MH
Bessacarr Coachbuilt
Exp
Since 1997
We're between MHs at the moment, and have decided that we ought to pay proper attention to payload on the new one so we're having to think very carefully about what goes where and what stays at home.

For starters if it's not been used on the last two trips it's not going back in. I think we may have to manage without water :)

Shrimp

Funster
May 27, 2015
Bedfordshire, UK
Funster No
MH
Hymer B584
Exp
Long time
Only a part of my 'stuff' is in its original position, I regularly turn out the storage spaces and throw bits out, rearrange, and sort out, it's the only way to keep on top of what's where!
We live in the van so everything has to be in its place!

Dec 4, 2012
leicester
Funster No
MH
swift kontiki and vw cam
Exp
15yrs
Been faffing around all week moving stuff .....Trying to make better use of cupboard space ....Better access to stuff and doing a few repairs to annoying little things that have been waiting ages for attention. Love it!!

Apr 11, 2015
hull
Funster No
MH
Laika Ecovip 300
Exp
since 1988 with breaks until 2009
Last van within a couple of trips we had sussed out where to keep everything. This one, has a massive garage but nt nearly so much usable space inside the van. Once bike, table and chairs in the garage, we are nearing rear axle payload. Still trying to sort everything else out nearly 2 years on. If I could persuade John to wear crumpled cothes i would shelf the wardrobe and be sorted. Till next time I went out lol

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back