LIFE MEMBER
Oct 4, 2007
Taunton Somerset
Funster No
MH
RV
Exp
since 1989
Eddie we had our Growler and non starter installed last November. Would that have this anti jamming software? If not can it be updated retrospectively?
Hi Peter

I have sent you a PM

Eddie

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Mar 10, 2016
Scotland
Funster No
MH
A Class RMB 750HE
Exp
Three years and counting, 30 years a tent tower.
Sorry to hear about the theft of your Moho. Thieving barstewards. We recently went down to Cornish farm from Fife ....... well worth the trip! (y) We feel a lot safer now.
Us too! Incidentally @eddievanbitz that anti-jamming thing is that on all Strikebacks fitted this year?

eddie

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 4, 2007
Taunton Somerset
Funster No
MH
RV
Exp
since 1989
Strikeback remotes are un jammable in the real world, but it never uses the same code twice so it is impervious to such attcks(y)

TJBi

Free Member
Jul 26, 2014
West Midlands
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
Since 2014
May 13, 2014
Maldon
Funster No
MH
C class
Exp
since 2002
Sadly steering locks not always effective, our Moho stolen from outside our house early this month. see attached.

Attachments

• 20160909_150427.jpg
    20160909_150427.jpg
    296.8 KB · Views: 139

wizza

Free Member
Aug 3, 2008
Essex
Funster No
MH
low line
Exp
8 years
Scumbags Did they steal it with the keys ?

Last edited:
D

deleted-member02

Deleted User
Sadly steering locks not always effective, our Moho stolen from outside our house early this month. see attached.
I take it your van was recovered ?
Looks like an angle grinder was used, judging by the dust everywhere....
They're brutally efficient, I'm sure a Cordless Makita and 4ah battery would defeat any mechanical security (car or bike) o_O

May 13, 2014
Maldon
Funster No
MH
C class
Exp
since 2002
In a way, I recovered it. Long story short, We live in a village with one road that goes through and down to the sea. Moho was ready to go on holiday. We went out to get some shopping, planning to come back put the scooter on our new easylifter, load some clothing and then on our way. Just over an hour later driving back into the village I remarked to my wife that Moho coming towards us was like ours. As it went pass I realised it was ours as it had the Easylifter attached. I quickly turned round and gave chase, I tried overtaking in the village but he swerved out to stop me. I pulled back as our car is only 3 months old. ( wife reminded me that I had given up driving Fire engines when I was 29 ) The thief eventually turned down what was theoretically a dead end. I think he was looking to abandon the Moho. Unfortunately he found a way through the back of a farmhouse garden smashing his way through a scaffold post type Gate and eventually on to a another road, I lost him so had to choose left or right, I turned left. Meanwhile my wife had been unable to get through to the police. I Drove to next village where there was road works and temporary traffic light. Road worker told me that no motorhomes had not gone through. I drove through the village to turn round we managed then to get through to the police, we then drove on still looking to turn round. Some way down the road we saw a large eastern european looking man was walking in a vest carrying a white shirt. ( totally out of context for that area and a country road ) My wife recognised him as the man who had stolen our Moho as he had a large mark/scar on his right cheek. I pulled up and took 3 full length photos of him. I asked him what he had done with my xxxxing Moho he told he had not stolen it, but that a large white Motorhome had just passed him nearly running him over. I had not told him the colour and in order to pass him the moho would have had to pass through the village with the road works and me. As a stout/fat man wearing ordinary shoes he then explained that he was a boxer out jogging ??. He was carrying his shirt as i'm sure it was covered in black from cutting through the the steering wheel, I drove off and reported him to the police. On the way back home we stopped to ask some dustmen if the had seen a motorhome parked up. they told me that one had passed them very fast in road nearby, that he had driven into the middle of a ploughed field then got out and walked off, they did not call the police as they thought he was a holiday maker ? I found the Moho and called the police. On arrival they were surprised to find that I had 3 full length high definition photos of the thief. They, like the earlier poster, questioned how he had driven it away and suggested we go home and check our house. We arrived home to find the french doors to our kitchen had been smashed in. He had rummaged the kitchen and found the hiding place for the keys to the moho and my security post.
In some respects we were a bit lucky as whilst we were waiting for the police to turn up to the Moho a car pulled up and the driver told us that their new sports car had been stolen the day before. The culprits had smashed in their back door, searched the whole house for the keys and in doing so found a the husbands Rolex watch and her jewellery.
In the village we are now known as Starsky and Hutch as the initial chase was witnessed. those who live in small villages will know word soon gets round and the story get slightly changed, however what you have here are the bare facts.
Its a strange feeling not having the Moho out the front of the house, feels a bit like our freedom has gone:cautious:. Hopefully it will get repaired, we are still waiting for the assessors to submit costings.

Attachments

• 20160909_150110 (1).jpg
    20160909_150110 (1).jpg
    116.2 KB · Views: 101
Reactions: JJ

RowleyBirkinQC

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 20, 2014
Dazed & Confused
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Since 2007
Feck me, Solly, I hope the police track the Barsteward(s) down and the courts deal with them effectively. I'm sorry that your home and MH were violated by said scum. The bloody insurers had also better be sympathetic and not give you the runaround.

Vanman

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 12, 2016
Runcorn
Funster No
MH
Roadscout R PVC
Exp
March 2017
Thanks for sharing that Solly I'm sure the more these things are shared the better we can all understand what works and what doesn't in making life hard for them.

Zepp

Free Member
Jun 22, 2008
Roaming
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
7 Years
Well done for getting it back , you did well not to hit the toerag

Reactions: f6c
Oct 14, 2007
Rochester
Funster No
MH
Auto-Trail Mohawk
Exp
16 fun filled years
A friend of mine had hers stolen from outside her house, it had a crook lock and wheel clamp on the front, they just winched it up at the front broke the quarter light window to release the hand brake and drove off never to be seen again.

Vanman

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 12, 2016
Runcorn
Funster No
MH
Roadscout R PVC
Exp
March 2017
So, @Diabalo are you saying they turned up in something like this?!

iu

Oct 14, 2007
Rochester
Funster No
MH
Auto-Trail Mohawk
Exp
16 fun filled years
The person who saw it go didn't elaborate on the size, just said it was towed away by a breakdown truck.

TheBig1

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 27, 2011
Dorset
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
many many years! since I was a kid
must get on with getting my hands dirty and fitting a hidden kill switch. at home the keys are kept in a safe bolted through a brick wall. but when in use the keys can be vulnerable so immobilising via the ignition, ecu or fuel pump will stop it being started

kip

Free Member
Apr 26, 2015
Bulphan
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Solly,What an awful experience to have gone through.Hope everything gets turned around for you both very soon & you can put the whole thing behind you as quickly as possible.I WOULD HAVE RUN THE HORRIBLE SCUMBAG OVER & pleaded my innocence due to a uncontrollable right foot.:oops:.

May 13, 2014
Maldon
Funster No
MH
C class
Exp
since 2002
Thanks to everyone for your kind replies. My house has always been very secure in as much as all doors and windows have high security locks, unfortunately windows always remain a weak spot. I know from previous experience when living in London we were burgled whilst on holiday. The culprit could not get through 2 front doors so broke through 3 doors at the back of house, each time going through windows having damaged all 3 doors in his attempts ( House was also alarmed).
We live in a single track, dead end, private Road with Neighborhood Watch and many many of the houses have Burglar alarms that get ignored. I will be putting up CCTV and more security lighting if only to get pictures if possible. I will also be contacting "The Big 1" for expert advice on immobiliser's.
I have a very pragmatic view on whats happened as I had to leave the Fire Service at age 29, I then went back into full time education for 4 years. After graduating I became a Probation Officer.
Material things are very nice, I like many of you know what its like to struggle finacially, However the health and happiness of my wife, 4 daughters and lots of grandchildren have always been my priority and the meaning of life
Thanks again
Solly

Aug 26, 2008
B&NES
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
since 2007
The person who saw it go didn't elaborate on the size, just said it was towed away by a breakdown truck.

Round the corner from my previous house I spotted an old breakdown truck parked up in the entrance to a residents' private parking courtyard, with 2 dodgy-looking geezers in the cab. Not the authorised parking management enforcers, clearly. The previous garage operator's signwriting was just visible under a thin coat of paint. It looked so out of place. Pointed a camera at them ... HEY PRESTO! ... as if by magic the truck vanished in a cloud of diesel smoke.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back