Oct 10, 2009
Grimsby
Funster No
MH
RV
Exp
Since 2009
Stars and Stripes weekend at RAF Burtonwood September 13th & 14th 2014

This is not an exclusive Funsters Rally but an extension of a Gullivers Travels weekend event. After speaking with the organizers I have arranged for a limited number (30) of places to this spectacular event.
On the showground there will be Military Vehicles, Classic Cars, American Motor Homes (RVOC RV's), military reinactments and various stalls including catering.

There is a dance on the Saturday night with Sunnyside Swing ( 40's/50's style dress optional) at a cost of £ 8 each for the dance night, but must be ordered and paid for in advance.

The cost for the weekend rally will be £10 per unit, also must be paid for in advance, and you will receive a weekend pass to get onto the Airfield. Camping for Motorhome Funsters will be in the adjacent field, which is approx just 20 meters away from the Airbase enterance.

Facilities available are: dumping of black and grey waste, there will be fresh water on tap, but NO EHU. Please take your rubbish away with you – thank you!

Spaces available is limited to 30 units. Arrival to this event is strictly not before 2pm on the friday, and you can stay till the monday, but please you would need to inform the organizers if you intended on staying over on the sunday evening.

I have it on great authourity that the ground is very firm (no hardstandings) and there is easy access to this field.

Generators: are permitted, between the hours of 9am – 9pm But PLEASE be considerate of your neighbours, and there is the Gullivers Travel Hotel close by.

This will be very much a park your own and do as you please weekend (again please be sensible with parking). Children will be allowed along to the Saturday night dance at the parents discreation. But no concessions on the price, it will still be £8 per person for the dance.

Ok, to summarise:
Cost of the weekend camping is £10 per unit and then an additional £8 per person if you are attending the Dance. Both of these need to be booked and paid for in advance. Passes will be issued for access to the show ground.

Here is a direct link to the Booking Form on their website:

Link Removed

Payment by cheque only please and payable to “Burtonwood Association”
Bookings must be made on the exhibitors form.
When filling in the form please put in that you are motorhome and camping

Address is:

4 Shiggins Close
Great Sankey
Warrington
WA5 1EY

RVOC members would like me to stress, the only reason we are not camping “as one” is that RV's are forming part of the American Display.

Once you have filled the form out on Burtonwoods website then please put names on here. But DO NOT send any money off till it has been confirmed on here that you are on the list.

Think that is all covered, but please let me know if there is something that has not been covered. The time honoured tradition on Sunday morning bacon butties will be looked at at a later date.
Thank you

Last edited:
OP
OP
the stig

the stig

Funster
Oct 10, 2009
Grimsby
Funster No
MH
RV
Exp
Since 2009
yes I did ask about dogs, and that is fine. :thumb:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Mousy

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 13, 2013
Sa15 2DG
Funster No
MH
Hymer S840 Merc auto
Exp
Since 2013
Count us in please, I've been watching Father Brown on BBC 1, so well in the mood.

OP
OP
the stig

the stig

Funster
Oct 10, 2009
Grimsby
Funster No
MH
RV
Exp
Since 2009
Okay folks, Once your form has been submitted you will get a confirmation back from the Stars & Stripes organizer Roy Thorpe-Apps. Once you have recieved this confirmation you can then send your payment to him.

thankyou

The List
1 Weekenders
2 rWhites1
3 Mousy - please fill in your form online and remember to put on Motorhome Camping

SharonL

Free Member
Apr 14, 2013
Rossendale
Funster No
MH
Him RV - me Bongo!
Exp
Just starting
Thanks Andrea :thumb:

This was a much smaller affair last year but it went down so well and those who attended enjoyed it so much, the organisers were very keen for us to publicise it more this year. Great to see so much interest, see y'all there ::bigsmile:

toledo

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 18, 2011
Birmingham
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Life Member
hola

:thumb: filled in the form and submitted please add us to the list :thumb:

Thanks

OP
OP
the stig

the stig

Funster
Oct 10, 2009
Grimsby
Funster No
MH
RV
Exp
Since 2009
Okay folks, Once your form has been submitted you will get a confirmation back from the Stars & Stripes organizer Roy Thorpe-Apps. Once you have recieved this confirmation you can then send your payment to him.

thankyou

The List
1 Weekenders
2 rWhites1
3 Mousy - please fill in your form online and remember to put on Motorhome Camping
4 Toledo

Mousy

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 13, 2013
Sa15 2DG
Funster No
MH
Hymer S840 Merc auto
Exp
Since 2013
I couldn't find the form to fill in, am I just being blond?

weekenders

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 30, 2008
Leicestershire
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
15 years
The stig "Andrea" has put the link on her first post "rafburtonwood" takes you straight to the form, fill in the left form exhibitors, good luck

Mousy

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 13, 2013
Sa15 2DG
Funster No
MH
Hymer S840 Merc auto
Exp
Since 2013
Form filled in..of a fashion!

tick59

Free Member
Dec 25, 2007
Newcastle Upon Tyne
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
"Since 2005"
:Doh::Doh:
GOT E-MAIL THIS MORNING TO SAY I WAS BOOKED IN. NOTHING TO SAY HOW TO PAY FOR THE WEEKEND OR HOW TO BOOK DANCE NIGHT??????

OP
OP
the stig

the stig

Funster
Oct 10, 2009
Grimsby
Funster No
MH
RV
Exp
Since 2009
:Doh::Doh:
WHICH BLOODY FORM DO WE FILL IN THERE ARE TWO "EXHIBITORS AND STALL HOLDERS"

As I said in the original post Bill, ITS THE EXHIBITORS ONE!!!!!!

I'll book you an appointment at specsavers if you like :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

:lips::lips::lips:

SharonL

Free Member
Apr 14, 2013
Rossendale
Funster No
MH
Him RV - me Bongo!
Exp
Just starting
Ok, to summarise:
Cost of the weekend camping is £10 per unit and then an additional £8 per person if you are attending the Dance. Both of these need to be booked and paid for in advance. Passes will be issued for access to the show ground.

Here is a direct link to the Booking Form on their website:

Link Removed

Payment by cheque only please and payable to “Burtonwood Association”
Bookings must be made on the exhibitors form.
When filling in the form please put in that you are motorhome and camping

Address is:

4 Shiggins Close
Great Sankey
Warrington
WA5 1EY

Just complete the exhibitors form, you'll get your email confirmation back from Roy, if you would like dance tickets just email Roy back asking him to reserve however many you would like and he'll let you know that's been done. Then post your cheque off :thumb: lovely jubbley

OP
OP
the stig

the stig

Funster
Oct 10, 2009
Grimsby
Funster No
MH
RV
Exp
Since 2009
Yes, just to reiterate things, Once you have filled your form in and Roy of RAF Burtonwood has emailed you back to confirm he has accepted you, then please let me know so I can add you to the limited list of 30 units only. Then you can email Roy back asking him for Dance tickets, and then can send of your payment to him as I explained in the very first thread.

Hope this makes sense. I am sure you will let me know if it doesn't. :thumb

thanks
Andrea
x

OP
OP
the stig

the stig

Funster
Oct 10, 2009
Grimsby
Funster No
MH
RV
Exp
Since 2009

thankyou

The List
1 Weekenders
2 rWhites1
3 Mousy
4 Toledo
5 Tick59

Yes, just to reiterate things, Once you have filled your form in and Roy of RAF Burtonwood has emailed you back to confirm he has accepted you, then please let me know so I can add you to the above list which is limited to 30 units only. Then you can email Roy back asking him for Dance tickets, and then can send of your payment to him as I explained in the very first thread.

tedontour

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 21, 2011
london
Funster No
MH
van conversion autocruise
Exp
since 1976
burtonwood

Just feed the birds to the cat,job done :thumb:

ted :Cool:

Aug 7, 2007
Dundee
Funster No
MH
Elddis Autoquest 195
Exp
since 1975
stars and stripes

Hi, sent email to Roy and received confirmation too !! Sent cheque for full amount so we are going !! ::bigsmile:
Look forward to meeting everybody
cheers
Tom & Jen

OP
OP
the stig

the stig

Funster
Oct 10, 2009
Grimsby
Funster No
MH
RV
Exp
Since 2009

thankyou

The List
1 Weekenders
2 rWhites1
3 Mousy
4 Toledo
5 Tick59
6 tjay

Yes, just to reiterate things, Once you have filled your form in and Roy of RAF Burtonwood has emailed you back to confirm he has accepted you, then please let me know so I can add you to the above list which is limited to 30 units only. Then you can email Roy back asking him for Dance tickets, and then can send of your payment to him as I explained in the very first thread.

Nov 21, 2007
Funster No
MH
Carthago Chic A class
Exp
since 2007
Sounds good. Please add us to the list.
Jim & Marion (Yoolie)

OP
OP
the stig

the stig

Funster
Oct 10, 2009
Grimsby
Funster No
MH
RV
Exp
Since 2009
Sounds good. Please add us to the list.
Jim & Marion (Yoolie)

Hi Jim & Marion, will add you no probs, but please can you first submit your form as per OP
then let me know as soon as you receive your e-mail notification back from Roy @ RAF Burtonwood.
Don't forget to add an additional email to him if you want to order dance tickets for the Saturday night
many thanks
Andrea

movan

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 2, 2009
Moving around
Funster No
MH
Burstner
Exp
since07
This just up the road from me. Going. Will let you know when booked properly. How many people are going to the dance .... I know I will be a wallflower sitting on my own especially if we have to do fancy dress but would still be nice t see a few smiley badges. thank you.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back