Stars & Stripes (1 Viewer)

Dec 4, 2012
leicester
Funster No
MH
swift kontiki and vw cam
Exp
15yrs
Sounds like a great weekend and I am so pee d off that I have already booked up with something else Bahh :Sad: Hope they do it again next year. :thumb:

movan

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 2, 2009
Moving around
Funster No
MH
Burstner
Exp
since07
Stig, please can you let me know how many funsters are booked in for the dance, or have told you so... I don't want to be the only one there .. many thanks.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
the stig

the stig

Funster
Oct 10, 2009
Grimsby
Funster No
MH
RV
Exp
Since 2009
never had a confirmation and filled it in weeks ago

Sent you a pm, but not had a reply, Roy at Burtonwood has now replied and says he has not had a form submitted by R White, have you booked it under another name please?

Thanks
Andrea

OP
OP
the stig

the stig

Funster
Oct 10, 2009
Grimsby
Funster No
MH
RV
Exp
Since 2009
Stig, please can you let me know how many funsters are booked in for the dance, or have told you so... I don't want to be the only one there .. many thanks.

Hi Joy

Roy says you can either send him an email or just submit the form on the link I put up, either way, just let me know once you've done it and I will add you to the list

Thank you
Andraa

OP
OP
the stig

the stig

Funster
Oct 10, 2009
Grimsby
Funster No
MH
RV
Exp
Since 2009
Thought it was time to bump this one now we have all (most) the moroccans and Espanolas back in the UK :Cool:

anymore takers???

SharonL

Free Member
Apr 14, 2013
Rossendale
Funster No
MH
Him RV - me Bongo!
Exp
Just starting

Well I've got 4 tickets booked for the dance at any rate Joy, you gotta come, I'm expecting you to run five extra times around the dance floor ::bigsmile: and bring back memories of the Southport race track! :thumb::winky:

Apr 19, 2014
Funster No
Ch
Stars and Stripes weekend at RAF Burtonwood September 13th & 14th 2014

This is not an exclusive Funsters Rally but an extension of a Gullivers Travels weekend event. After speaking with the organizers I have arranged for a limited number (30) of places to this spectacular event.
On the showground there will be Military Vehicles, Classic Cars, American Motor Homes (RVOC RV's), military reinactments and various stalls including catering.

There is a dance on the Saturday night with Sunnyside Swing ( 40's/50's style dress optional) at a cost of £ 8 each for the dance night, but must be ordered and paid for in advance.

The cost for the weekend rally will be £10 per unit, also must be paid for in advance, and you will receive a weekend pass to get onto the Airfield. Camping for Motorhome Funsters will be in the adjacent field, which is approx just 20 meters away from the Airbase enterance.

Facilities available are: dumping of black and grey waste, there will be fresh water on tap, but NO EHU. Please take your rubbish away with you – thank you!

Spaces available is limited to 30 units. Arrival to this event is strictly not before 2pm on the friday, and you can stay till the monday, but please you would need to inform the organizers if you intended on staying over on the sunday evening.

I have it on great authourity that the ground is very firm (no hardstandings) and there is easy access to this field.

Generators: are permitted, between the hours of 9am – 9pm But PLEASE be considerate of your neighbours, and there is the Gullivers Travel Hotel close by.

This will be very much a park your own and do as you please weekend (again please be sensible with parking). Children will be allowed along to the Saturday night dance at the parents discreation. But no concessions on the price, it will still be £8 per person for the dance.

Ok, to summarise:
Cost of the weekend camping is £10 per unit and then an additional £8 per person if you are attending the Dance. Both of these need to be booked and paid for in advance. Passes will be issued for access to the show ground.

Here is a direct link to the Booking Form on their website:

Link Removed

Payment by cheque only please and payable to “Burtonwood Association”
Bookings must be made on the exhibitors form.
When filling in the form please put in that you are motorhome and camping

Address is:

4 Shiggins Close
Great Sankey
Warrington
WA5 1EY

RVOC members would like me to stress, the only reason we are not camping “as one” is that RV's are forming part of the American Display.

Once you have filled the form out on Burtonwoods website then please put names on here. But DO NOT send any money off till it has been confirmed on here that you are on the list.

Think that is all covered, but please let me know if there is something that has not been covered. The time honoured tradition on Sunday morning bacon butties will be looked at at a later date.
Thank you
Cheques??? Not see. One of hem for about six years.
Is that the only payment proses ???
No cheque book here

OP
OP
the stig

the stig

Funster
Oct 10, 2009
Grimsby
Funster No
MH
RV
Exp
Since 2009
Ch

Cheques??? Not see. One of hem for about six years.
Is that the only payment proses ???
No cheque book here
Hi wayward,

I have asked Sharon to find out for us, as we are currently on our way to France, once she has found out she will reply on here.
Thank you

SharonL

Free Member
Apr 14, 2013
Rossendale
Funster No
MH
Him RV - me Bongo!
Exp
Just starting
Hi guys, I'm off to email Roy now to ask if there are any alternative payment methods besides ye olde bits of paper ye sign at the bottom wi some sort of writing implement :LOL: Keep you posted as soon as I hear back (y)

SharonL

Free Member
Apr 14, 2013
Rossendale
Funster No
MH
Him RV - me Bongo!
Exp
Just starting
...and for everyone's general info, I received below from Roy the other day so Andrea has asked me to update you all whilst she's on her travels:

I will be sending out vehicle passes in August so if your members have not received one by 21st August they can contact me on this email rafburtonwood@yahoo.co.uk
And I will sort out. Also if individuals have not reserved dance tickets let me know and I will arrange for them to be reserved. Could you put this on your website to keep all your members up to date
Thank you

Apr 19, 2014
Funster No
I would like to attend. So let me know if I can pick tickets from the gate. As I'll not be home for months

SharonL

Free Member
Apr 14, 2013
Rossendale
Funster No
MH
Him RV - me Bongo!
Exp
Just starting
I would like to attend. So let me know if I can pick tickets from the gate. As I'll not be home for months

Hi Wayward - I've emailed Roy at Burtonwood and explained you don't have a cheque book. Under the circumstances, he's said you can book a place, then pay on arrival. So I suggest you complete the booking form as per Andrea's original instructions, email it directly to Roy with a note saying as per his email with Sharon, you will pay for and also collect your tickets on arrival.

Let us know once you've had confirmation back from Roy that he's placed your booking, then we'll add you to the list of attendees (y)

Ian the scrap man

Free Member
Mar 26, 2012
ROSSENDALE
Funster No
MH
VANCONVERSION
Exp
10 YEARS
Okay folks, Once your form has been submitted you will get a confirmation back from the Stars & Stripes organizer Roy Thorpe-Apps. Once you have recieved this confirmation you can then send your payment to him.

thankyou

The List
1 Weekenders
2 rWhites1
3 Mousy - please fill in your form online and remember to put on Motorhome Camping
4 Toledo
will you please put me on the list ian the scrapman

SharonL

Free Member
Apr 14, 2013
Rossendale
Funster No
MH
Him RV - me Bongo!
Exp
Just starting
will you please put me on the list ian the scrapman

Hi Ian, have you booked with Roy and had confirmation back that he's booked you a place? Please let us know when Roy's confirmed for you and either Andrea or I will update the list (y) thanks!

SharonL

Free Member
Apr 14, 2013
Rossendale
Funster No
MH
Him RV - me Bongo!
Exp
Just starting
Listed updated for Ian :clap: as I'm not sure if Andrea is still away, the lucky girl :envy:

I'll update the list over on RVOC too as this is fixing to be another great joint RVOC/Fun event! :inlove:

The List
1 Weekenders
2 rWhites1
3 Mousy
4 Toledo
5 Tick59
6 tjay
7 Ian the scrap man

weekenders

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 30, 2008
Leicestershire
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
15 years
Hi Sharon
Andrea is back from her holiday jaunt last sat with us, she should see your comments soon

OP
OP
the stig

the stig

Funster
Oct 10, 2009
Grimsby
Funster No
MH
RV
Exp
Since 2009
Hi guys, here I am!!! Back off me jollies, but away again at the moment. Nice to see the numbers slowly coming up! And thanks Sharon xx

SharonL

Free Member
Apr 14, 2013
Rossendale
Funster No
MH
Him RV - me Bongo!
Exp
Just starting
Hi guys, here I am!!! Back off me jollies, but away again at the moment. Nice to see the numbers slowly coming up! And thanks Sharon xx

You're welcome luvvy, away again, jealous much! Are you going to Malvern? Hopefully see you there, look out for my teeny Mazda Bongo in amongst the RVs! xx :angel:

SharonL

Free Member
Apr 14, 2013
Rossendale
Funster No
MH
Him RV - me Bongo!
Exp
Just starting
Just had this email from Roy at RAF Burtonwood:

Hi Guys
Sent out the vehicle passes to all RVOC members and Motor Home /fun if anyone hasn’t received one please let me know.
Kindest regards
Roy
RAF Burtonwood Heritage centre

Still some more space if anyone else wants to book, its a great little (now becoming big!) event Link Removed

Mousy

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 13, 2013
Sa15 2DG
Funster No
MH
Hymer S840 Merc auto
Exp
Since 2013
Hi, we sadly can't make this now, we have given our pass to landylover as he was marshalling for RVOC at Malvern and has promised to pass it on.

Hope you all have a lovely weekend.

SharonL

Free Member
Apr 14, 2013
Rossendale
Funster No
MH
Him RV - me Bongo!
Exp
Just starting
Hi, we sadly can't make this now, we have given our pass to landylover as he was marshalling for RVOC at Malvern and has promised to pass it on.

Hope you all have a lovely weekend.

Sorry to hear that Mousy, I've updated the list below - good opportunity to bump this very enjoyable show & rally if anyone else wants to join us, it is NEXT WEEK after all, yippee :party2:

If you'd like to come, just complete the form and send it directly to Roy at Burtonwood and hopefully he'll still be able to get you booked in - then let us know on here and we'll update the list :clap:

The List
1 Weekenders
2 rWhites1
3 Toledo
4 Tick59
5 tjay
6 Ian the scrap man

+ approx 27 RVOC american vehicles attending

graham&shirley

Free Member
Jul 1, 2014
Preston lancashire
Funster No
MH
RV A class
Exp
We went last year and enjoyed it so much that we booked again.
Nice venue a few stalls lots of men in Uniform;) and also ladies dressed in 40's gear(y)
The Dance was very good and the booze raffle was won by Destination Unknown:rolleyes:
Some nice Cars on show also.

SharonL

Free Member
Apr 14, 2013
Rossendale
Funster No
MH
Him RV - me Bongo!
Exp
Just starting
We went last year and enjoyed it so much that we booked again.
Nice venue a few stalls lots of men in Uniform;) and also ladies dressed in 40's gear(y)
The Dance was very good and the booze raffle was won by Destination Unknown:rolleyes:
Some nice Cars on show also.

He he, I was talking about the men in uniform today at work Shirl :rolleyes::whistle::h:very nice indeed!

And yeah, the ladies looked lovely too of course :clap:

For those interested in wartime memorabilia, there is also a great little museum telling you all about the history of the RAF Burtonwood base and the american servicemen who were based there during the war, plus lots of service vehicles as well as the classic american cars - and there are plenty more american RV's coming along this year too, so anyone considering an RV, this is a great chance to look inside some and you might even get a brew :* we're a friendly lot! :party3:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back