Some Questions re Motorhome's Waste Water

Discussion in 'Motorhome Chat' started by JJ, May 25, 2011.

1. JJ

JJ Funster

I love Motorhome Fun...:thumb:

For those who want to a couple of questions to ponder on and maybe answer...

My motorhome (with an empty waste tank but the drain tap open) is parked alongside a sun drenched beach... after a dip in the sea I return to the motorhome (fighting off the bevy of beautiful women trying to get closer to my ripped body) go inside and take a shower to rid my [STRIKE]temple[/STRIKE] body of the saltiness of the sea.

A passer by, noticing the water dripping out of my open waste tap, takes a photo and posts it on this site and many Funsters take up in arms about the "dirty, disgusting few spoiling it for the majority..."

Agree or disagree?

...then consider this...

...instead of entering the motorhome I open the small door at the rear of the vehicle, pull out the outside shower head and shower off the saltiness (while the bevy of women drool at the flexibility of my tanned torso) letting the water drip down onto the sandy road/floor/beach.

Would that passer by think this water dripping down was disgusting?

...and what if the passer by was walking his/her large dog and the dog decided to lift his leg and pee all over my rear wheel letting the pooch urine drip onto the sandy road/floor/beach...?

Would that passer by think that this was disgusting?

JJ :Cool:

PS. I know, I know... if the passer by took a photo of my tanned, ripped body and posted it here EVERYONE would think it was disgusting...:Rofl1: :Rofl1:

• Like Like x 12
  2. Wildman

Wildman Read Only Funster

using an outside shower people would know what is draining over the road, seeing a tap dripping they jump to all sorts of conclusions. did someone actually post a pic, did I miss a rant?:Rofl1::Rofl1::Rofl1:

• Like Like x 2
  3. lorger

lorger Funster

JJ i was with you until i thought if i was that passer by the bevy of women wouldnt be in the slightest bit interested in you with my toned body :Rofl1::Rofl1::Rofl1:

• Like Like x 1
  4. artona

artona

Its normally a full moon when you ask these deep, life or death questions JJ but its a week since the the full moon so whats occuring ...................:BigGrin::BigGrin:

• Like Like x 6
  5. JJ

JJ Funster

They might still be Gerry if I grassed you up and told them you are a.... GOLFER...:Rofl1: :Rofl1:

JJ

• Like Like x 1
  6. lunarman

lunarman Funster

Obviously in this case there would be no problem the bevy of women would have lapped up the water dripping from JJs lithe body before it ever reached the ground. :Rofl1::Rofl1::Rofl1:

• Like Like x 3
  7. wizzer59

wizzer59 Funster

A site I have a caravan on, activly encourages you to let your waste water drain on the grass, but im afraid they tend to frown on nudity, ripped or not:Smile:

• Like Like x 1
  8. Ralph-n-Bev

Ralph-n-Bev Funster

Yes im with this. People could think its all sorts dripping from your Motorhome.
    I see nothing wrong with it.
    We usually carry a piece of piping with us. If we manage to get a spot at the edge of a site we just let it drain out down the pipe to the hedge. Or park with the back end up close to it. After all its only washing up and shower water.

• Like Like x 1
  9. sedge

sedge Funster

We were tent camping on a site in deepest France a few years back, you were actively encouraged to water the trees amongst the pitches with 'grey' water.

10. barryd

barryd Read Only Funster

I often leave ours open on CL's if its near the edge. If Im wilding it depends. If its out of sight I will leave it open but in public places I tend to shut the valve as its peoples perceptions that count. We all know its just a bit of grey water and does no harm whatsoever but joe public is usually just looking for a chance to moan or report anything remotely enviromently unfriendly.

I once reversed out of a French Aire which was a car park type affair not realising the valve was open. We were parked on a slope and as I swung round all that mornings shower and dish washing water spewed out across the Aire right across the feet of some French people who were having breakfast. I was mortified and got out and appologised. They didnt understand what I was worried about and just laughed.

• Like Like x 1
  11. rangitira

rangitira Funster

AH HAA!!! JJ dear boy I've spotted your deliberate mistake darling! These Trolls have missed it!:Sad:

It's RIPPLED dear boy, isn't it? Muscles Ripple? Yeh? Only us what were in Oxcam? Camox? Bridge something?

THATS IT! Iknew it 'ad a B in it! Oxbridge dear boy innit?

Those Sheilas Gazing in wonderment at the body beautiful emerging from the sea, ohhho dear boy! we feel for them! That statuesque body! That Churchillian frame! The solid frame! the jowls, the pug nose- - - - - - -

AWE!! I've blown it Right?

12. thehutchies

thehutchies Funster

Ripped: torn apart roughly.

Tanned: chemically processed to convert skin to leather.

So you look like you've been savaged by foxes then smeared in faeces and left in a corner to harden :Eeek:

• Like Like x 2
  13. pappajohn

pappajohn Funster Life Member

urine...tanners used urine.:thumb:

in a dim and distant past poor folks would pee in a pot and sell it to the tanners....if you were extremely poor it would be said you ''havent got a pot to piss in' or 'potless' :Eeek:

14. ShiftZZ

ShiftZZ Funster Life Member

Pappa, you must stop going to Hartlepool, you know its bad for you....

15. thehutchies

thehutchies Funster

Tanners used faeces, urine, brains, ash, salt, sulphuric acid et c.

It's all just chemistry...

16. keith

keith Funster

In the past when hose pipe bans were in force the water companies always said put the waste water on the ground as it would be more use than just running down the drain.

I always dispose of grey waste around trees or bushes if possible. As has been said many farmers expect it.. :thumb:

17. Jim

Jim Ringleader

Grey waste will not hurt anything, nor will the black as long as you don't use that horrible blue stuff. In Wales right now, and probably elsewhere in the country, The high cost of fertilizer sees farmers spreading human waste as fertiliizer, probably not on food crops, but if you drink milk or eat meat...:BigGrin::Eeek:

18. thehutchies

thehutchies Funster

We go to a week-long camp in south Wales where there are environment friendly toilets.

For the blokes, it's a straw bale that we all stand around and pee on.
    For the women, it's a straw bale with a toilet seat to prevent scratching, then pee on.

When the bale is sodden, it's spread on the fields and replaced with a fresh one.

For solids, it's the long drop into sawdust.
    Which is then spread on the fields.

We thank every one of the little lavatorial gods for a motorhome with a bathroom. :Smile:

19. Ralph-n-Bev

Ralph-n-Bev Funster

Does the straw bale stop it urine from smelling ? Nothing worse than stale pee , except maybe rotten potatoes ..... Wheres the gip smiley .