Some Questions re Motorhome's Waste Water (1 Viewer)

JJ

Mágica
May 1, 2008
Quinta Majay, Pinheiro Bordalo, Portugal
Funster No
MH
Burstner Privilege T
Exp
over 50 years
I love Motorhome Fun...:thumb:

For those who want to a couple of questions to ponder on and maybe answer...

My motorhome (with an empty waste tank but the drain tap open) is parked alongside a sun drenched beach... after a dip in the sea I return to the motorhome (fighting off the bevy of beautiful women trying to get closer to my ripped body) go inside and take a shower to rid my [STRIKE]temple[/STRIKE] body of the saltiness of the sea.

A passer by, noticing the water dripping out of my open waste tap, takes a photo and posts it on this site and many Funsters take up in arms about the "dirty, disgusting few spoiling it for the majority..."

Agree or disagree?

...then consider this...

...instead of entering the motorhome I open the small door at the rear of the vehicle, pull out the outside shower head and shower off the saltiness (while the bevy of women drool at the flexibility of my tanned torso) letting the water drip down onto the sandy road/floor/beach.

Would that passer by think this water dripping down was disgusting?

...and what if the passer by was walking his/her large dog and the dog decided to lift his leg and pee all over my rear wheel letting the pooch urine drip onto the sandy road/floor/beach...?

Would that passer by think that this was disgusting?

JJ :Cool:

PS. I know, I know... if the passer by took a photo of my tanned, ripped body and posted it here EVERYONE would think it was disgusting...:ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:

Wildman

Free Member
May 30, 2008
Ilfracombe, Devon
Funster No
MH
Amazon Ambassador
Exp
since 1967
using an outside shower people would know what is draining over the road, seeing a tap dripping they jump to all sorts of conclusions. did someone actually post a pic, did I miss a rant?:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

lorger

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 11, 2008
Dumfries
Funster No
MH
Knaus Sun 650MEG
Exp
JJ i was with you until i thought if i was that passer by the bevy of women wouldnt be in the slightest bit interested in you with my toned body :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

artona

Free Member
Jul 31, 2007
Funster No
MH
self build
Exp
40 yrs and still not got a release date
Its normally a full moon when you ask these deep, life or death questions JJ but its a week since the the full moon so whats occuring ...................::bigsmile:::bigsmile:

lunarman

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 23, 2008
South Glos
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
since 1994
I love Motorhome Fun...:thumb:

...then consider this...

...instead of entering the motorhome I open the small door at the rear of the vehicle, pull out the outside shower head and shower off the saltiness (while the bevy of women drool at the flexibility of my tanned torso) letting the water drip down onto the sandy road/floor/beach.

Obviously in this case there would be no problem the bevy of women would have lapped up the water dripping from JJs lithe body before it ever reached the ground. :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Apr 18, 2009
Englishman in Mid Wales
Funster No
MH
Hymer B584, A Class
Exp
Not long enough!
A site I have a caravan on, activly encourages you to let your waste water drain on the grass, but im afraid they tend to frown on nudity, ripped or not:Smile:

Nov 30, 2009
Pickering
Funster No
MH
PVC the PUG
Exp
Since 2009 with motorhomes several caravans then tents before that.
using an outside shower people would know what is draining over the road, seeing a tap dripping they jump to all sorts of conclusions.:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Yes im with this. People could think its all sorts dripping from your Motorhome.
I see nothing wrong with it.
We usually carry a piece of piping with us. If we manage to get a spot at the edge of a site we just let it drain out down the pipe to the hedge. Or park with the back end up close to it. After all its only washing up and shower water.

sedge

Funster
Jul 7, 2009
Nr Jct 3 M6
Funster No
MH
C class
Exp
Aug 09 to date 9,000 miles!
We were tent camping on a site in deepest France a few years back, you were actively encouraged to water the trees amongst the pitches with 'grey' water.

barryd

Free Member
Feb 10, 2009
Yorkshire Dales
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
Since May 08
I often leave ours open on CL's if its near the edge. If Im wilding it depends. If its out of sight I will leave it open but in public places I tend to shut the valve as its peoples perceptions that count. We all know its just a bit of grey water and does no harm whatsoever but joe public is usually just looking for a chance to moan or report anything remotely enviromently unfriendly.

I once reversed out of a French Aire which was a car park type affair not realising the valve was open. We were parked on a slope and as I swung round all that mornings shower and dish washing water spewed out across the Aire right across the feet of some French people who were having breakfast. I was mortified and got out and appologised. They didnt understand what I was worried about and just laughed.

Jun 30, 2010
Cornwall
Funster No
MH
1992 VW Auto sleeper Mono
Exp
Since 2005 this time
AH HAA!!! JJ dear boy I've spotted your deliberate mistake darling! These Trolls have missed it!:Sad:

It's RIPPLED dear boy, isn't it? Muscles Ripple? Yeh? Only us what were in Oxcam? Camox? Bridge something?

THATS IT! Iknew it 'ad a B in it! Oxbridge dear boy innit?

Those Sheilas Gazing in wonderment at the body beautiful emerging from the sea, ohhho dear boy! we feel for them! That statuesque body! That Churchillian frame! The solid frame! the jowls, the pug nose- - - - - - -

AWE!! I've blown it Right?

pappajohn

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 26, 2007
Dark side of the moon
Funster No
Exp
Since 2005
Ripped: torn apart roughly.

Tanned: chemically processed to convert skin to leather.

So you look like you've been savaged by foxes then smeared in faeces and left in a corner to harden :Eeek:
urine...tanners used urine.:thumb:

in a dim and distant past poor folks would pee in a pot and sell it to the tanners....if you were extremely poor it would be said you ''havent got a pot to piss in' or 'potless' :Eeek:

ShiftZZ

LIFE MEMBER
Feb 19, 2008
Dark Side of the Moon
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Since 2007
urine...tanners used urine.:thumb:

in a dim and distant past poor folks would pee in a pot and sell it to the tanners....if you were extremely poor it would be said you ''havent got a pot to piss in' or 'potless' :Eeek:

Pappa, you must stop going to Hartlepool, you know its bad for you....

thehutchies

Free Member
Aug 31, 2007
The Wheelèd Shed
Funster No
MH
Exp
Tanners used faeces, urine, brains, ash, salt, sulphuric acid et c.

It's all just chemistry...

keith

Free Member
Aug 25, 2007
Ecclefechan
Funster No
MH
Autocruise Starseeker
Exp
Caravaning since 1974 - Motorhoming since 2003
In the past when hose pipe bans were in force the water companies always said put the waste water on the ground as it would be more use than just running down the drain.

I always dispose of grey waste around trees or bushes if possible. As has been said many farmers expect it.. :thumb:

Jim

Ringleader
Jul 19, 2007
Sutton on Sea, UK
Funster No
MH
Adria Panel Van.
Exp
Since 1988
Grey waste will not hurt anything, nor will the black as long as you don't use that horrible blue stuff. In Wales right now, and probably elsewhere in the country, The high cost of fertilizer sees farmers spreading human waste as fertiliizer, probably not on food crops, but if you drink milk or eat meat...::bigsmile::Eeek:

thehutchies

Free Member
Aug 31, 2007
The Wheelèd Shed
Funster No
MH
Exp
We go to a week-long camp in south Wales where there are environment friendly toilets.

For the blokes, it's a straw bale that we all stand around and pee on.
For the women, it's a straw bale with a toilet seat to prevent scratching, then pee on.

When the bale is sodden, it's spread on the fields and replaced with a fresh one.

For solids, it's the long drop into sawdust.
Which is then spread on the fields.

We thank every one of the little lavatorial gods for a motorhome with a bathroom. :Smile:

Nov 30, 2009
Pickering
Funster No
MH
PVC the PUG
Exp
Since 2009 with motorhomes several caravans then tents before that.
We go to a week-long camp in south Wales where there are environment friendly toilets.

For the blokes, it's a straw bale that we all stand around and pee on.
For the women, it's a straw bale with a toilet seat to prevent scratching, then pee on.

When the bale is sodden, it's spread on the fields and replaced with a fresh one.

For solids, it's the long drop into sawdust.
Which is then spread on the fields.

We thank every one of the little lavatorial gods for a motorhome with a bathroom. :Smile:

Does the straw bale stop it urine from smelling ? Nothing worse than stale pee , except maybe rotten potatoes ..... Wheres the gip smiley .

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back