Free Member
Jan 31, 2013
Nottingham
Funster No
MH
Hymer Starline 680
Exp
Since 2011, previously a tugger
A while ago I posted that I'd spilt red wine on our Mac and killed it.

Well we're on a quick trip home from Beni and I've now replaced the Mac and have been setting up my new one. Sorting all the password details and getting going has gone fairly well.

I have been using a TP link 4G Lte mifi for a almost a year now and no problems. Have a 12g 3 sim in it and a couple of weeks ago it was working fine in Spain. Just tried it here in UK though and it's showing No Service despite my phone, also on '3' showing good signal.

The other issue is I can't seem to get into the mifi set up on my Mac (even though it's connecting to the mifi).

Any guidance would be most welcome.

Cheers

irnbru

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 27, 2013
Glasgow
Funster No
MH
Benimar 264
Exp
11 yrs
How strange you posting today.. I was just this morning wondering how you got on with the red wine and mac. Did you go buy a new one or try to have yours repaired first?

I would give 3 a ring and get them to help you over the phone. They were pretty good with me last time.

Jul 13, 2008
Funster No
MH
Low profile
Exp
Since 2007
Might be locked onto a Spanish network? Reset the TP.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Oct 30, 2010
Suffolk or France or ........
Funster No
MH
A Class Carthago Chic
Exp
Since 2008
I found the same thing when I tried my mi-fi at home after last using it in France.
I had assumed that the 3 sim would find the 3 network in the uk but it didn't and wouldn't go on-line.
I had to go into the app on my iPad to change the carrier back to 3.

Richard.

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 1996, had Elddis/Swift/Rapido/Rimor/Chausson MHs. Autocruise/Globecar PVCs/Compactline i-138
Try changing the APN setting just in case it's changed ... oh and turn roaming off!

OP
OP
Dave and Ginny

Dave and Ginny

Free Member
Jan 31, 2013
Nottingham
Funster No
MH
Hymer Starline 680
Exp
Since 2011, previously a tugger
Thanks everyone for the replies, sorry not responded earlier but been on the road. @irnbru the cost of repair was almost the cost of replacement. They took pity on me and I managed a bit of a discounted price. @Boringfrog and @Clarky I sorted it in the end by using the reset which overcome both log on and network connection issue. @Minxy Girl I will no doubt have to change the apn when we return to Spain next week.

Thanks again folks

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Margaritaman

Free Member
Oct 27, 2013
East Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
Low Profile C Class
Exp
since 2008
Back from abroad yesterday and my Huawei 5733 MiFi said no service when turned on for the first time back in Manchester. A combination of, removing the battery, pressing reset inside MiFi and using the Huawei App to select manually select 3 UK got my Service back.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back