Smell From Waste Water Tank (1 Viewer)

Apr 27, 2008
Eastbourne East Sussex
Funster No
MH
Hymer low profile
Exp
Since 1972
I am sticking 6L of Tesco cola in my tank tomorrow prior to a long drive. We aren't too bothered by smells but it removes a fair amount of gunk from inside the tank. I can't see this as a waste as surely no reasonable person would want to drink it:sicker::sicker:.
Leave the waste valve open when MH is not in use as the evil smell comes from anaerobic bacteria which are killed off by oxygen. I suppose a brilliant solution might be to fit the waste tank with an aeration pump like a fish tank, or failing that chuck some hydrogen peroxide in it.

Chris

LIFE MEMBER
May 5, 2010
Funster No
MH
None
Exp
10 years
if you leave the drain valve open you don't get a smelly tank.

You get some abuse though:D

Jan 29, 2014
Scunthorpe
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Apache
Exp
July 2013
On the bottom of my 2013 autotrail there are two twist off caps has any one tryed to undo these. Could there be waste food lurking there?

Chris

LIFE MEMBER
May 5, 2010
Funster No
MH
None
Exp
10 years
On the bottom of my 2013 autotrail there are two twist off caps has any one tryed to undo these. Could there be waste food lurking there?

Are you sure they aren't fresh water drain off points?

GWAYGWAY

Free Member
Sep 6, 2014
Dover
Funster No
MH
Hymer ML I 580
Exp
4 years
My chausson has these as well but the thought of putting my arm in does not appeal , However sticking my jetwash in there might be effective as that stirs up most c==p in most places I aim it at. I do not get smells from mine as I/we are very particular about what we put down there, mostly just water and some bio washup liquid, I do not want to pollute anywhere. greasy food is a no no and any mucky bits get wiped off the plates first before washing. Dogs are very good a initial cleaning of dinner plate but I haven't got one.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back