Free Member
Jun 4, 2016
Northern Ireland
Funster No
MH
Boxer L4H2 van build
Exp
Since 2016
The item you first suggested doesn't restrict water flow, it simply introduces air to the flow in effect increasing the amount of usable water.
For the couple of seconds run-on when turning a tap off I wouldn't bother.
If the pump run-on is excessively long the pump cut off point needs adjusting.
Thanks John i never knew this about the pump running on to long could be adjusted to make it less.
as for the tap end i bought
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/111106954...49&var=410187272032&ssPageName=STRK:MEBIDX:IT
i did quite a few tests
to fill the sink with the normal tap end was 2 min 05 secs , then to fill the sink with the NEW tap end WITH THE ADJUSTMENT SCREW IN THE FACTORY POSITION the time was 1 min 55 secs.
Next i adjusted the screw in more to restrict the flow of water to the stage where it was taking 4 mins 5 secs to fill the sink , but as i said it then started to make the pump pulse , Hense this thread :)
So if i got it to take about 3 mins to fill the sink , and still have a Decent working flow , id be happy :D :D

OP
OP
Bart

Bart

Free Member
Jun 4, 2016
Northern Ireland
Funster No
MH
Boxer L4H2 van build
Exp
Since 2016

DuxDeluxe

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 10, 2008
Planet Zog
Funster No
MH
A woosh bang van
Exp
since 2008
I have just ordered one of these expansion tanks , does anyone know how i will connect this to my system , as in atm my hoses on the water pump are them push in to lock type of connections , how do i connect them hoses to this accumulator tank
In mine, there was enough pipe to simply cut it somewhere and fix the accumulator with a couple of jubilee clips.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
Bart

Bart

Free Member
Jun 4, 2016
Northern Ireland
Funster No
MH
Boxer L4H2 van build
Exp
Since 2016
@DuxDeluxe ok so the standard pipe which i would say is used in a lot of MH instalations is the right size then that you can push it onto the accumulator and then secure with jubilee clips.

DuxDeluxe

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 10, 2008
Planet Zog
Funster No
MH
A woosh bang van
Exp
since 2008
@DuxDeluxe ok so the standard pipe which i would say is used in a lot of MH instalations is the right size then that you can push it onto the accumulator and then secure with jubilee clips.
That is what I did. Luckily, Pilote had left a fair bit of slack pipework by the pump so it was easy. I did have to warm up the hose ends in hot water so they fitted more easily

Aug 18, 2014
Lorca,Murcia,Spain
Funster No
MH
Transit PVC
Exp
16 years since restarting
@Bart
The link I posted .
http://www.fiamma.com/EN/products/comfort/aqua_8/aqua_8/

scroll to bottom, clicl on a diagram & it blows up. One shows pump install with an accumulator. Goes in on delivery side of pump pipework.
I have just ordered one of these expansion tanks , does anyone know how i will connect this to my system , as in atm my hoses on the water pump are them push in to lock type of connections , how do i connect them hoses to this accumulator tank

TerryL

LIFE MEMBER
Mar 5, 2010
North East
Funster No
MH
Low Profile
Exp
@Bart your van is virtually identical to mine. I found there was plenty of pipe next to the pump to allow a simple cut and insert. Mine were a push-on fit, no need for clips.

two

Aug 4, 2011
West Midlands
Funster No
MH
A-Class Fiat
Fit the accumulator anywhere in the cold water pipework between the pump and the taps.
Only add air when there is water in the system. Play around with the pressure to get what you want.
The pressure in the bladder will match that of the water, so will rise and fall.

OP
OP
Bart

Bart

Free Member
Jun 4, 2016
Northern Ireland
Funster No
MH
Boxer L4H2 van build
Exp
Since 2016
@Bart your van is virtually identical to mine. I found there was plenty of pipe next to the pump to allow a simple cut and insert. Mine were a push-on fit, no need for clips.
cheers terry , lately i have just moved the water pump by about 1 ft and reduced the space that part takes up below the seat , so our washing machine we bought can fit below that seat now :D , so instead of compartment where the water pump / water filler pipe being an "L" shape its now just a rectangle shape , but yip ill still manage to fit both in there ok , ill know about 4th jan when it arrives >< hopefully :)

two

Aug 4, 2011
West Midlands
Funster No
MH
A-Class Fiat
If necessary, you could insert a 'T-piece' into the pipe and connect the accumulator further away. The accumulator is designed to fit in-line, but just blank off the unused port.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back