Should I appoint slobadoberbob as my adverising agent on ebay

Discussion in 'Motorhome Chat' started by Johns_Cross_Motorhomes, Oct 17, 2012.

?

Should I appoint slobadoberbob as my adverising agent on ebay

Poll closed Oct 27, 2012.
  1. Is he good at promoting

8 vote(s)
    34.8%
  2. Are his adverts compelling reading

12 vote(s)
    52.2%
  3. Would you use him

3 vote(s)
    13.0%
  4. Would you buy from him

7 vote(s)
    30.4%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. Johns_Cross_Motorhomes

Johns_Cross_Motorhomes Trader - Motorhome & Accessory Sales

Am I missing by not using Bob ?

Answers on a postcard please

Peter

2. hilldweller

hilldweller Funster Life Member

Et tu Bruti.

• Like Like x 1
  3. ShiftZZ

ShiftZZ Funster Life Member

Are you MAD?

Sniff some more meths or some [STRIKE]hydrocarbon[/STRIKE] try some opiates or LSD or something.... Don't come back until you are better,,,

• Like Like x 5
  4. CHRI$

CHRI$ Funster

one thing i noticed about bobs advert!,it was honest:Cool:

• Like Like x 4
  5. pablomc

pablomc Funster Life Member

Could be onto something.

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 2
  6. slobadoberbob

slobadoberbob Read Only Funster

I do not need to advertise with you lot about

Even when the Ebay advert ends tomorrow I will not need to mention it.. one of you lot will do it:Rofl1::Rofl1::Rofl1::Rofl1:

At least we get a laugh out of it.

Just had a couple of silly offers of £15k collect tomorrow.. no...no. and no.

Bob:Blush:

7. hilldweller

hilldweller Funster Life Member

To be serious, someone said it stinks of dog. Now you won't smell this but non dog owners will immediately. You might need to bear this in mind when you re-advertise.

8. slobadoberbob

I can assure you Ezzie does not stink

I can assure you Ezzie does not stink... certainly did not put off the person that put £500 down... and as no one else has viewed it then it is not an issue.

We can always find an argument for anything Brian for or against.. but never had anyone remark about Ezzie smelling in the past 4 years with this RV. I doubt I will have a chance to ask you to smell inside the RV as it will be gone sooner or later.. but when the toy hauler is here..do pop past and lets have the benefit of your nose.

Bob:Angry:

• Like Like x 1
  9. Chris

Chris Funster Life Member

Dogs do smell though Bob.

Not offensive but distinctly "doggy".

I dont have a dog, but I do quite like the smell for some reason.

10. Snitrats

Snitrats Funster

Where's the no,no,no,no box to tick?:Rofl1:

• Like Like x 5
  11. ShiftZZ

ShiftZZ Funster Life Member

Having never been inside the RV or any RV for that matter (still waiting for the jabs), all I can say is this,,, when I was a smoker I could not smell it, once I gave up, Whooooosh, so in a way both you and Brian could well be right...

• Like Like x 1
  12. Larrynwin

Larrynwin Funster

Never saw Ezzie with a fag in her mouth :Rofl1::Rofl1:

• Like Like x 6
  13. Popeye

Popeye Funster

I've been a dog owner all my life up until I lost my last one about 6 years ago. Since then I can smell a house or car where a dog spends any amount of time, though like treacle, I really do like the smell.

This is very difficult for any dog owner just as it is difficult for a smoker to smell the stink of fags.

14. JJ

JJ Funster

A dog that doesn't smell is rarer than smoker who doesn't smell or a Banker with no money... and that is very rare indeed. :Rofl1:

But to address the OP Peter, does the business has enough turnover to attract a salesman of Bob's reputation.

Could you afford him?

Remember he doesn't sell anything in the winter months or anything longer than 23 feet something or any "Euroboxes" or... or... or...

JJ :Cool:

Last edited: Oct 17, 2012
    • Like Like x 1
  15. Chris

Chris Funster Life Member

Since all smoking is done in the open air these days, my wife tells me I dont smell so horrible these days:thumb:

16. slobadoberbob

getting away from the alleged Ezzie smell

Getting away from the alleged Ezzie smell...

I am pleased to read the pole ... seems a number of people enjoy the posts.. so if I have bought a smile to someones face then that is good as far as I am concerned.

But I do accept it has been a banter among a fairly small group of members with a lot watching outside that just read them but do not join in... which is a shame... then you get a few adding I likes to others that 'object' to the subject but do not bother to post... it's like looking at the names that look at your details.. often wonder why there are the same people that keep peeping ... post after post .. but then there are some strange folk about.

But those that have joined in the banter has made it very enjoyable for me. But as the auction ends tomorrow on Ebay .. and a few days later on some other sites it will not be mentioned again as I promised. Now some many see that as a victory (Popeye for example) .. but looking at the posts of recent months the banter may well be missed by others I am sure.

But, I do not need to mention it any more.. simply every time someone thinks of an RV or a Winnebago they will remember 23' something.. the seed has long been sown.

Bob

• Like Like x 5
  17. Jazzbow

Jazzbow Read Only Funster

oh gosh, that's me caught! I didn't want to join in coz you all seem to know each other and i didn't want to intrude, that's my excuse! I really enjoy all your banter although I do think that some of you can be tough on Bob :cry:What I did wonder ages ago though was why he (Bob) didn't get back to the 1st person that offered him £24k which he turned down?
    two other things
    1. Dogs smell (we're dog owners and she and we smell of Dog)
    2. Just tried a Fray Bentos pie for the 1st time the other day and didn't like it :Eeek:
    I would buy from Bob!:BigGrin:

• Like Like x 4
  18. greyman1

greyman1 Read Only Funster

as i mentioned in a previous post your motor is now( unjustly im sure) saddled with" having a story" with it and contary to popular belief( that any publicity is good publicity), when it comes to selling a vehicle, that is not always the case ! i think you are doing the right thing in letting the dust settle and possibly time to rethink your statergy a little . have you thought about placing the van with a reputable dealer ( yes they do exist) on a brokerage/sale or return basis ? obviously they wouldnt do it for nothing but they would be in a position to take a p/x against it , offer finance etc .the other advantage is that (if you dont keep the van at home) they would be providing FREE storage through the winter months!! it sounds as though your van is superb and what it needs is someone to SEE IT IN THE FLESH. when i had my car showroom i used to take in convertables and motor cycles on sale or return at the end of summer and i always had them sold by spring (the asking prices had to be realistic though) . another point to bare in mind, is that you would have the benefit of a proffesional salesman (used to dealing with messers etc) to close the deal for you !! i see from your profile by your own admission that "you dont suffer fools lightly" i can state from my 40 years selling motors that having that stance will not do you any favours when it comes to completing a succesfull deal . i have had to deal with hundreds of fools ,timewasters and downright idiots in my time (i am not called greyman for nothing!) it is just a occupational hazard and comes with the territory. what ever you decide and the banter apart (which i must say you have took in good spirit) i and im sure everyone else on mhf wish you good luck with it . one things for sure though i dont think you will be taking up a new career as a motor trader will you !!!! all the best garry

• Like Like x 3
  19. Johns_Cross_Motorhomes

Johns_Cross_Motorhomes Trader - Motorhome & Accessory Sales

I did offer him that option Garry but one wonders in hindsight if he would be on my forecourt every day taking bits off:Rofl1::Rofl1::Rofl1::Rofl1:

Peter

• Like Like x 9
  20. JJ

JJ Funster

It must have been a Steak and Kidney or a Chicken one then... I don't like them either... :Rofl1: :Rofl1:

JJ :Cool:

• Like Like x 2