Should I appoint slobadoberbob as my adverising agent on ebay (1 Viewer)

Should I appoint slobadoberbob as my adverising agent on ebay

• Is he good at promoting

Votes: 8 34.8%
  • Are his adverts compelling reading

Votes: 12 52.2%
  • Would you use him

Votes: 3 13.0%
  • Would you buy from him

Votes: 7 30.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

ShiftZZ

LIFE MEMBER
Feb 19, 2008
Dark Side of the Moon
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Since 2007
Are you MAD?

Sniff some more meths or some [STRIKE]hydrocarbon[/STRIKE] try some opiates or LSD or something.... Don't come back until you are better,,,

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

pablomc

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 20, 2010
Durham
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Since 2009
one thing i noticed about bobs advert!,it was honest:Cool:
Could be onto something.

honestbob-shot-front.jpg

slobadoberbob

Free Member
Jun 1, 2009
Kent, garden of England
Funster No
MH
Winnebago 23' something
Exp
25 years & counting
I do not need to advertise with you lot about

Even when the Ebay advert ends tomorrow I will not need to mention it.. one of you lot will do it:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

At least we get a laugh out of it.

Just had a couple of silly offers of £15k collect tomorrow.. no...no. and no.

Bob:Blush:

hilldweller

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2008
Macclesfield
Funster No
MH
Zilch Mk1
Exp
From Aug 2007
Just had a couple of silly offers of £15k collect tomorrow.. no...no. and no.
Bob:Blush:

To be serious, someone said it stinks of dog. Now you won't smell this but non dog owners will immediately. You might need to bear this in mind when you re-advertise.

slobadoberbob

Free Member
Jun 1, 2009
Kent, garden of England
Funster No
MH
Winnebago 23' something
Exp
25 years & counting
I can assure you Ezzie does not stink

To be serious, someone said it stinks of dog. Now you won't smell this but non dog owners will immediately. You might need to bear this in mind when you re-advertise.

I can assure you Ezzie does not stink... certainly did not put off the person that put £500 down... and as no one else has viewed it then it is not an issue.

We can always find an argument for anything Brian for or against.. but never had anyone remark about Ezzie smelling in the past 4 years with this RV. I doubt I will have a chance to ask you to smell inside the RV as it will be gone sooner or later.. but when the toy hauler is here..do pop past and lets have the benefit of your nose.

Bob:Angry:

Chris

LIFE MEMBER
May 5, 2010
Funster No
MH
None
Exp
10 years
Dogs do smell though Bob.

Not offensive but distinctly "doggy".

I dont have a dog, but I do quite like the smell for some reason.

ShiftZZ

LIFE MEMBER
Feb 19, 2008
Dark Side of the Moon
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Since 2007
Having never been inside the RV or any RV for that matter (still waiting for the jabs), all I can say is this,,, when I was a smoker I could not smell it, once I gave up, Whooooosh, so in a way both you and Brian could well be right...

Feb 22, 2008
Norfolk
Funster No
MH
Nearly Tugging
Exp
Since 2004
Having never been inside the RV or any RV for that matter (still waiting for the jabs), all I can say is this,,, when I was a smoker I could not smell it, once I gave up, Whooooosh, so in a way both you and Brian could well be right...

Never saw Ezzie with a fag in her mouth :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Popeye

Deceased RIP
Sep 5, 2011
edge of New Forest
Funster No
MH
Frankia Platin Plus
Exp
On and off since 1983
Dogs do smell though Bob.

Not offensive but distinctly "doggy".

[HI]I dont have a dog, but I do quite like the smell for some reason[/HI].

I've been a dog owner all my life up until I lost my last one about 6 years ago. Since then I can smell a house or car where a dog spends any amount of time, though like treacle, I really do like the smell.

This is very difficult for any dog owner just as it is difficult for a smoker to smell the stink of fags.

JJ

Mágica
May 1, 2008
Quinta Majay, Pinheiro Bordalo, Portugal
Funster No
MH
Burstner Privilege T
Exp
over 50 years
A dog that doesn't smell is rarer than smoker who doesn't smell or a Banker with no money... and that is very rare indeed. :ROFLMAO:

But to address the OP Peter, does the business has enough turnover to attract a salesman of Bob's reputation.

Could you afford him?

Remember he doesn't sell anything in the winter months or anything longer than 23 feet something or any "Euroboxes" or... or... or...

JJ :Cool:

Last edited:

Chris

LIFE MEMBER
May 5, 2010
Funster No
MH
None
Exp
10 years
Since all smoking is done in the open air these days, my wife tells me I dont smell so horrible these days:thumb:

slobadoberbob

Free Member
Jun 1, 2009
Kent, garden of England
Funster No
MH
Winnebago 23' something
Exp
25 years & counting
getting away from the alleged Ezzie smell

Getting away from the alleged Ezzie smell...

I am pleased to read the pole ... seems a number of people enjoy the posts.. so if I have bought a smile to someones face then that is good as far as I am concerned.

But I do accept it has been a banter among a fairly small group of members with a lot watching outside that just read them but do not join in... which is a shame... then you get a few adding I likes to others that 'object' to the subject but do not bother to post... it's like looking at the names that look at your details.. often wonder why there are the same people that keep peeping ... post after post .. but then there are some strange folk about.

But those that have joined in the banter has made it very enjoyable for me. But as the auction ends tomorrow on Ebay .. and a few days later on some other sites it will not be mentioned again as I promised. Now some many see that as a victory (Popeye for example) .. but looking at the posts of recent months the banter may well be missed by others I am sure.

But, I do not need to mention it any more.. simply every time someone thinks of an RV or a Winnebago they will remember 23' something.. the seed has long been sown.

Bob

Jazzbow

Free Member
May 13, 2012
West Scotland
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
new
Getting away from the alleged Ezzie smell...

I am pleased to read the pole ... seems a number of people enjoy the posts.. so if I have bought a smile to someones face then that is good as far as I am concerned.

But I do accept it has been a banter among a fairly small group of members with a lot watching outside that just read them but do not join in... which is a shame... then you get a few adding I likes to others that 'object' to the subject but do not bother to post... it's like looking at the names that look at your details..[HI] often wonder why there are the same people that keep peeping ... post after post .. but then there are some strange folk about.[/HI]

But those that have joined in the banter has made it very enjoyable for me. But as the auction ends tomorrow on Ebay .. and a few days later on some other sites it will not be mentioned again as I promised. Now some many see that as a victory (Popeye for example) .. but looking at the posts of recent months the banter may well be missed by others I am sure.

But, I do not need to mention it any more.. simply every time someone thinks of an RV or a Winnebago they will remember 23' something.. the seed has long been sown.

Bob
oh gosh, that's me caught! I didn't want to join in coz you all seem to know each other and i didn't want to intrude, that's my excuse! I really enjoy all your banter although I do think that some of you can be tough on Bob :cry:What I did wonder ages ago though was why he (Bob) didn't get back to the 1st person that offered him £24k which he turned down?
two other things
1. Dogs smell (we're dog owners and she and we smell of Dog)
2. Just tried a Fray Bentos pie for the 1st time the other day and didn't like it :Eeek:
I would buy from Bob!::bigsmile:

greyman1

Free Member
Aug 7, 2011
manchester
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
9 years motorhome / 10 years campervan
as i mentioned in a previous post your motor is now( unjustly im sure) saddled with" having a story" with it and contary to popular belief( that any publicity is good publicity), when it comes to selling a vehicle, that is not always the case ! i think you are doing the right thing in letting the dust settle and possibly time to rethink your statergy a little . have you thought about placing the van with a reputable dealer ( yes they do exist) on a brokerage/sale or return basis ? obviously they wouldnt do it for nothing but they would be in a position to take a p/x against it , offer finance etc .the other advantage is that (if you dont keep the van at home) they would be providing FREE storage through the winter months!! it sounds as though your van is superb and what it needs is someone to SEE IT IN THE FLESH. when i had my car showroom i used to take in convertables and motor cycles on sale or return at the end of summer and i always had them sold by spring (the asking prices had to be realistic though) . another point to bare in mind, is that you would have the benefit of a proffesional salesman (used to dealing with messers etc) to close the deal for you !! i see from your profile by your own admission that "you dont suffer fools lightly" i can state from my 40 years selling motors that having that stance will not do you any favours when it comes to completing a succesfull deal . i have had to deal with hundreds of fools ,timewasters and downright idiots in my time (i am not called greyman for nothing!) it is just a occupational hazard and comes with the territory. what ever you decide and the banter apart (which i must say you have took in good spirit) i and im sure everyone else on mhf wish you good luck with it . one things for sure though i dont think you will be taking up a new career as a motor trader will you !!!! all the best garry

JJ

Mágica
May 1, 2008
Funster No
MH
Burstner Privilege T
Exp
over 50 years
oh gosh, that's me caught! I didn't want to join in coz you all seem to know each other and i didn't want to intrude, that's my excuse! I really enjoy all your banter although I do think that some of you can be tough on Bob :cry:What I did wonder ages ago though was why he (Bob) didn't get back to the 1st person that offered him £24k which he turned down?
two other things
2. [HI]Just tried a Fray Bentos pie for the 1st time the other day and didn't like it[/HI] :Eeek:

It must have been a Steak and Kidney or a Chicken one then... I don't like them either... :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:

JJ

Mágica
May 1, 2008
Funster No
MH
Burstner Privilege T
Exp
over 50 years
Garry (greyman1) you talk/post a great deal of sense and you are from Manchester. :thumb:

A sensible, knowledgeable man from Manchester = A City Fan... surely...

Oct 1, 2007
Kirby cross further from londin
Funster No
MH
Between Motor homes
Exp
since 08
two other things
2. [HI]Just tried a Fray Bentos pie for the 1st time the other day and didn't like it :Eeek:[/HI]

bob bob bob

just a tip he dont like FB pies

youll have to try a betterer hook

Oct 1, 2007
Kirby cross further from londin
Funster No
MH
Between Motor homes
Exp
since 08
oh gosh, that's me caught! [HI]I didn't want to join in coz you all seem to know each other and i didn't want to intrude, that's[/HI] my excuse! I really enjoy all your banter although I do think that some of you can be tough on Bob :cry:What I did wonder ages ago though was why he (Bob) didn't get back to the 1st person that offered him £24k which he turned down?
two other things
2. Just tried a Fray Bentos pie for the 1st time the other day and didn't like it :Eeek:

oh go on join in we dont bite

may abstract the urine

but thats the risk

broad shoulders wide church

people from all corners

of the country

obviously theres a divide

above watfords gap

norvenour

watford gap stuck in the middle

below watfords gap

suvnor guvner

loads a tell you differant but i dont listen to fairy tales

or hexcuses

all the best tinkerbelle

jhorsf

Free Member
May 15, 2009
DERBYSHIRE
Funster No
MH
ih oregon
Exp
Only if you fancy going bust:ROFLMAO:

DuxDeluxe

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 10, 2008
Planet Zog
Funster No
MH
A woosh bang van
Exp
since 2008
Back to the doggie smell - that is absolutely spot on. We are dog owners (three owned and frequently a fost dog or two around) and I don't notice it until I have been away on business for a few days and then when I walk back in it hits me..... It is one of the reasosn why we rarely allow dogs in our van and then only when the carpets are up and there are covers over all of the upholstery. The Waldegraves meet will be only the second time that we will have gone away with a dog in the current van, and then only one of them.

hilldweller

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2008
Macclesfield
Funster No
MH
Zilch Mk1
Exp
From Aug 2007
.do pop past and lets have the benefit of your nose.

Just passing on what I heard. I'm very sensitive to dog smells, I'd smell it. Same with smokers, I hardly ever went in pubs because I could not stand the stench of cigarette smoke.

The last thing you want is for the first person to turn up and say "holy sh1t have you been keeping donkeys in here".

Rob e Lee

Free Member
Apr 16, 2012
Surrey
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Since 2011
I can assure you Ezzie does not stink... certainly did not put off the person that put £500 down... and as no one else has viewed it then it is not an issue.

We can always find an argument for anything Brian for or against.. but never had anyone remark about Ezzie smelling in the past 4 years with this RV. I doubt I will have a chance to ask you to smell inside the RV as it will be gone sooner or later.. but when the toy hauler is here..do pop past and lets have the benefit of your nose.

I have to agree with Brian, I work in numerous houses where there is a distinct smell of dog. I just assume that most dog owners are totally unaware of the odour.

One job I had, the smell of 'damp dog' was horrendous and I asked the owner if I could take faulty appliance and work on it outside. She said it was freezing outside and - 'why would I prefer to be in the cold?' To spare her feelings I told her I was allergic to dogs and that I could faintly detect doggy odour. She then informed me that she was unaware of any smell! As I stated before it was truly terrible!!!

Rob

Jan 4, 2012
somerset
Funster No
MH
Fiat Ducato
Exp
A few years now
I have to drive cars into the workshop and sometimes the smell gives it away--

To doggie cars:Eeek:
and smokers cars :Eeek:
A whiff of thinners soon cures it :thumb:

Last edited:
Apr 27, 2008
Eastbourne East Sussex
Funster No
MH
Hymer low profile
Exp
Since 1972
Probably the same with any animals and their owners. A lady with six cats told me there was no smell, actually it hit you like a wall as soon as you walked in the house, but I suppose when you're used to it you don't notice it. No doubt we and our house and van smell doggie, if anyone can't stand it, tough.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back