shoemaker

Discussion in 'Motorhome Chat' started by shoemaker, Feb 22, 2010.

1. shoemaker

shoemaker Read Only Funster

Hi
    can anyone tell me a good place to stay the night before we catch the ferry in dover.this is the first time we have done this route, normally we go plymouth to roscoff, but i object to brittany ferries high prices. thanks:Smile:

2. Larrynwin

Larrynwin Funster

We normally use the CClub site at Folkestone

3. JayDee

JayDee Funster

Depending upon what facilities you want there are several CL/CS sites within 30 minutes (some less) drive of the port, then there is the CC Site and a CCC Site within half an hour of the port. The CC site (Black Horse, that's the one at Folkestone) is the cheaper of the two (£13.10 for 2 adults and MH if you are a member). I've heard that it is possible to park up on Marine Drive(?) for the night. The only site we have used so far is the CCC Site just outside Canterbury, that was a couple of years ago. Good site but expensive now. The reason we're so up to speed on this is because we are looking for a one-nighter for when we do the Italian Job. Nothing decided yet.:Smile: There's also the Canterbury Park and Ride (Dover New Road), but you can't get in on a Sunday, though you can leave if you got there on a Saturday. If you need more info about this, just ask and I can share with you what I have learned so far.

John

Last edited: Feb 22, 2010
  4. Brisey

Brisey Funster Life Member

Hi shoemaker

Head for Marine Parade, I believe parking is free of charge between 18:00 - 08:00.

Attached Files:

5. Wildman

Wildman Read Only Funster

why not park in the port? anyway welcome to chat, hee hee.... you left before I could say hi.

6. shoemaker

shoemaker Read Only Funster

thanks all for your replies this has given me something to work on. this is my first time on motorhomefun & it has just proved that motorhomers are always willing to help one another. these days that means a lot . im sure i will be back.:thumb:

7. Funnymunny

Funnymunny Read Only Funster

The best place to park before catching your ferry is at New Dover Road, Canterbury.
    It is a park and ride with a special area for motorhomes, it costs £2.50 per night and that includes the cost of the bus into town for up to 5 people.
    It is very quiet and has a pub just across the way. It takes just about 25 minutes to drive to Dover from here.

The other places are to stop at the caravan club site Black horse just outside Dover or you can park free overnight at Marine Parade in Dover itself but you pay a parking fee during the day.

RD