Feb 21, 2010
cornwall
Funster No
MH
low profile
Exp
5 years
Hi
can anyone tell me a good place to stay the night before we catch the ferry in dover.this is the first time we have done this route, normally we go plymouth to roscoff, but i object to brittany ferries high prices. thanks:Smile:

JayDee

Free Member
Oct 7, 2007
N. Devon
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
7 Years after 5 years with caravan.
Depending upon what facilities you want there are several CL/CS sites within 30 minutes (some less) drive of the port, then there is the CC Site and a CCC Site within half an hour of the port. The CC site (Black Horse, that's the one at Folkestone) is the cheaper of the two (£13.10 for 2 adults and MH if you are a member). I've heard that it is possible to park up on Marine Drive(?) for the night. The only site we have used so far is the CCC Site just outside Canterbury, that was a couple of years ago. Good site but expensive now. The reason we're so up to speed on this is because we are looking for a one-nighter for when we do the Italian Job. Nothing decided yet.:Smile: There's also the Canterbury Park and Ride (Dover New Road), but you can't get in on a Sunday, though you can leave if you got there on a Saturday. If you need more info about this, just ask and I can share with you what I have learned so far.

John

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Last edited:

Brisey

Deceased RIP
Sep 4, 2007
Sutton on Sea
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Since 2003
Hi shoemaker

Head for Marine Parade, I believe parking is free of charge between 18:00 - 08:00.

Attachments

• doverparking.jpg
    doverparking.jpg
    20.8 KB · Views: 13

Wildman

Free Member
May 30, 2008
Ilfracombe, Devon
Funster No
MH
Amazon Ambassador
Exp
since 1967
Hi
can anyone tell me a good place to stay the night before we catch the ferry in dover.this is the first time we have done this route, normally we go plymouth to roscoff, but i object to brittany ferries high prices. thanks:Smile:
why not park in the port? anyway welcome to chat, hee hee.... you left before I could say hi.

OP
OP
S

shoemaker

Free Member
Feb 21, 2010
cornwall
Funster No
MH
low profile
Exp
5 years
Hi

thanks all for your replies this has given me something to work on. this is my first time on motorhomefun & it has just proved that motorhomers are always willing to help one another. these days that means a lot . im sure i will be back.:thumb:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Nov 28, 2007
Funster No
The best place to park before catching your ferry is at New Dover Road, Canterbury.
It is a park and ride with a special area for motorhomes, it costs £2.50 per night and that includes the cost of the bus into town for up to 5 people.
It is very quiet and has a pub just across the way. It takes just about 25 minutes to drive to Dover from here.

The other places are to stop at the caravan club site Black horse just outside Dover or you can park free overnight at Marine Parade in Dover itself but you pay a parking fee during the day.

RD

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back